Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

QTP on a 2gen Xb

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default QTP on a 2gen Xb

Hello guys, just wondering if anyone has done this, if is it worth it (for acceleration performance, I don't mind the sound if it's loud I like it).

Just to se if anyone has done it and what setups would work, where to place it and if an exhaust header will give to much exhaust flow that it will take power from my engine rather than giving it some some.

Any recommendations or comments will be appreciate. and sorry if I misspelled something cuz I learned watching TV, Playing Video Games, and 4chan, I'm Derp. n_n, and english ____es me of sometimes why! why! Mississippi and not Misisipi. just joking.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be honest. i Have no idea what your talking about with qtp. but i want to do it. speed =happy frozie
Old 02-01-2012, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
I'll be honest. i Have no idea what your talking about with qtp. but i want to do it. speed =happy frozie
Here you can get a better idea and it's also good for avoiding getting stop by po-po

Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what does qtP stand for? that looked like it was the exhaust end?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
what does qtP stand for? that looked like it was the exhaust end?
QTP, quick time performance. The name is generalized because they are que most used and most popular brand. but the one I'm talking about it is a electronic exhaust cutout. They are usually places just before your cat and right after your exhaust manifold.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxbpr

Hello guys, just wondering if anyone has done this, if is it worth it (for acceleration performance, I don't mind the sound if it's loud I like it).

Just to se if anyone has done it and what setups would work, where to place it and if an exhaust header will give to much exhaust flow that it will take power from my engine rather than giving it some some.
Not worth it. Just so you know, you do not "lose power" by having an exhaust that is big. In fact, you don't "lose torque" either. Your low end torque IS affected, and only because the exhaust is shifting the powerband towards the higher RPM ranges. Exhausts do not make you lose anything...they only manipulate where the power/torque are.

This "QTP" thing is only for sound purposes only. I highly doubt it will help your performance unless your exhaust system just isn't designed/picked properly.

By the way, not only is that exhaust cutout expensive, but it's highly prone to corrosion too. Some parts are made of aluminum, but it still has steel parts.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Not worth it. Just so you know, you do not "lose power" by having an exhaust that is big. In fact, you don't "lose torque" either. Your low end torque IS affected, and only because the exhaust is shifting the powerband towards the higher RPM ranges. Exhausts do not make you lose anything...they only manipulate where the power/torque are.

This "QTP" thing is only for sound purposes only. I highly doubt it will help your performance unless your exhaust system just isn't designed/picked properly.

By the way, not only is that exhaust cutout expensive, but it's highly prone to corrosion too. Some parts are made of aluminum, but it still has steel parts.
So as my question says will I get better acceleration? More sound? no so expensive, best brand costs $150.00 shipped. So what you are saying is that is worth it for my expectations?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Electronic cutouts have a 100% fail rate from what I have seen.

I've seen them on a: Viper, 500whp challenger, 400whp srt4, High HP camaro, etc. They fail every time.

You can get decent gains with a high hp car, but if you aren't boosted, I doubt it would to much other than act as a "hey officer, LOOK AT ME!" button.