Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Sugestions on some stuff that I will be adding to my ride.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sugestions on some stuff that I will be adding to my ride.

I I'm looking forward in buying and installing this couple of things on my ride, I have been running the descendant kit for around 6 to 8 months now, really very satisfied, no problems at all but the creep issue. Running now at 10+ PSI with 300+ WHP.

This is the parts list I'm looking to get this month.

1. QTP 3" Single Electric Cutout w/10300 Stainless Steel Cutout Pipe
2. AEM Water / Methanol Injection Kit.
3. AEM TRU-BOOST - Boost Controller Gauge
4. New Tune with 3 settings

a) Max Performance QTP 100% open.
b) Max performance stock exhaust no scuba and trd muffler.
c) Conservative tune gas saver, stock exhaust.

1. To get max flow when I want without any restrictions and be cool with cops, also keep my car quiet when I'm cruising.
2. Never fill up my tank with expensive fuel to prevent knock, get some more aggressive engine timing, use less boost from turbine for more HP, keep intake air temperatures colder. Looking forward for the ptuning kit for tc that uses the windshield washer bottle.
3. Get some more from my turbine and get better launches at stops or cruising at low speeds with street tires.

I'm sure the car will get to around 350whp or more, with the QTP open 100% and at least 13 to 14 PSI. But I'm a little worried about my stock internals, I do take really good care of the car maintenance. Also I have not done anything with my tranny, neither clutch or diff.

Are those good choices of parts?
Will it be safe for my stock internals?
I will be installing everything my self, so I don't see my bill go up from $700.00 is it cost effective?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or does anyone knows where can I buy this parts at a good price? I'm a little behind on budget since I would have to buy some sticky tires, wondering where I can buy the cut out and the meth kit for now, I guess I will do good with a manual boost controller for now that might get me full performance at 14psi, meth shot, and the cut out on stock Internals hopping to get around 350 with no knock and colder intake temperatures which the engine can benefit from.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are threads discussing the problems had when running an open/modified exhaust on a descendant kit.

If you get rid of the scuba, you will hit insanely high psi, and possibly blow your motor.

The manifold is designed to work with the backpressure of the scuba and the tial wastegate, to keep the boost at the psi of the spring in the wastegate.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would strongly suggest doing the lsd and at least a stage 1 clutch. I'm running the spec stage 2+ with no complaints, very street friendly, plenty of grip.

Horseposer is useless without grip.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2 on the lsd. hands down the best thing I did to my toaster.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the above, upgrade your clutch and get the LSD. The liquid cooling kit, I would pass on because I believe in running a boosted car that is tuned with the proper fuel than trying to save a few bucks on gas. I had a liquid injection kit on my Rx7 and found that I only needed it during track days (higher boost).
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
There are threads discussing the problems had when running an open/modified exhaust on a descendant kit.

If you get rid of the scuba, you will hit insanely high psi, and possibly blow your motor.

The manifold is designed to work with the backpressure of the scuba and the tial wastegate, to keep the boost at the psi of the spring in the wastegate.
I guess im one of the few that have been lucky to remove scuba tank and not have problems

world motor sports did a 2.5" custom exhaust with a tanabe concept g at the axel. When Rob drove my car he said this no scuba design is a beast compared to his with scuba tank and trd exhaust.

But yea

id suggest fuel pump and lines then
with a excellent tune 14psi will be riding the boarder of stock internals

these are things that World Motorsports told me when i want to step up to next level
Old 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info, Now I'm thinking about this upgrade. Cut out, boost controller, tune and fake slicks for now. My plans are to get to 350who or more, some grip to try to get some footage on a 1/2 mile where the 90% of cars are exotics that weight around 3,500lbs and have around 400hp. A have already taken some of those in a pass event with my car at just 305whp street kumhos, on the list of beaten cars where, Porsches, Maseratti, corvettes, Mustangs, 370z 350z, rx8, Cameron, chargers and some more. I know some of them are not exotics. That's my goal. That time I did not race at the event but outside. It costs 80$ to get my car in. Q? does my ems will go over the 130 limit? I also know my aerodynamics are not ideal for the 1/2 mile but power will solve some of that. Also which spring should I put on my waste to get proper psi adjustment?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 PM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

your not going to get over 340whp safely without internal work

just call World Racing Torrance they can tell you quicker and more accurate what you should do

for me im at 10psi about 300whp
street/track clutch, light flywheel, trd lsd
2.5" custom midsection exhaust to tanabe concept g axel back
world racing electronic boost controller, aem af gauge, turbo timer, and boost gauge

for now i just want to upgrade my wheels/tires (WIDE) and coilovers and brakes to help actually put down the power to the wheels and stop. im on 225/50/16 continental dw tires on stock rims (temporary setup) with hotchkis drop and warn tokicos and i have trouble not spining the tires.

After that i want to master my driving with that set up and power, then start more performance slowly,
-upgrade fuel pump and lines, and the aem full standalone, then re tune at about 12psi
-then save for full engine build

buying a brand new house doesnt help this wish list get shorter though =/
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sp2
I guess im one of the few that have been lucky to remove scuba tank and not have problems

world motor sports did a 2.5" custom exhaust with a tanabe concept g at the axel. When Rob drove my car he said this no scuba design is a beast compared to his with scuba tank and trd exhaust.

But yea

id suggest fuel pump and lines then
with a excellent tune 14psi will be riding the boarder of stock internals

these are things that World Motorsports told me when i want to step up to next level
Odd, did they use any particular type of boost controller? They told me to not remove it, as it is integral to keeping boost levels safe.

Did you have to modify anything on the manifold?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

i have their digital boost controller but got 2 months after 1st did turbo kit, no didnt do anything special to manifold

i usually dont max out boost when daily drive, usually let off around 6 psi but when i go full throttle i consistently get 10psi never had it spike
"knock on wood" haha
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reeeeallyyyy.....(Instantly becomes more interested in scuba replacement)....
Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Call Rob at world racing ask him for custom mid section like Eric Parker
haha

I know what hed probably say, is not every car is the same so I cant't and he can't guarantee no boost creep with removing it.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean...I would think that a "mass" produced turbo kit would react the same way to the same mod on the same car. But who knows
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

could be something with the sea level and temperature that the different people live in.
idk

i wouldn't consider the turbo kit for our cars mass produced really
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right, me either. I was saying "mass" as in, it isn't a one off kit.

I'd love to have a nice exhaust note...that scuba really kills any tone.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

it kills the tone and atleast 10whp for sure