01-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Alright, it turns out me and a bunch of friends might be going on a cross country road trip. I might end up taking the tC. My friend was like "dude your front is gonna need respray when we get back." He really wants me to buy some beater as a project and for the trip, but thats a different story. So for all you out there that haved done a lot of highway or long distance driving in the tC or anyone with general paint protection tips, fire some suggestions at me. So far I have though of: one of those leather car bras, that clear stuff rockblocker sells, say f it and run naked. :P Seriously though, I need some help here. Thanks
01-12-2006, 01:05 AM
The clear stuff is ok.... and the bras usually do more damage than good....
Painter's tape is always nice for trips, but usually only short ones....
01-12-2006, 01:54 AM
...and the bras usually do more damage than good....
I see this alot and it simply has not ever been my experience. I have never had a bra damage the front of any car I have used one on. There are some basic rules to follow.
1. Buy only a good quality bra. The cheap ones will not fit correctly and will begin to flap, causing damage.
2. Try not to run the bra in the rain. If it gets wet take it off and let it dry before you put it back on.
3. Do not leave it on for extended periods of time. Dirt will collect under it an cause damage.
4. When you remove it and before you put it on shake it out like a rug. This will help minimize dirt particles that will cause scratches.
5. I used the bra only on the highway as a general rule. This prolonged the life of the bra.
6. If it gets streched after a couple years and no longer fits snug, get a new one.
Now that I look at those rules, except for number 5, most females could have told you that.
01-12-2006, 02:35 AM
oh, i think 5 could of came out of 'em as well. :rofl: