Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

New Here...need mirror help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 05:45 PM
SL Member

Default New Here...need mirror help!

So Friday I accidentally hit my passenger side mirror on the garage door, and it messed up the component that attaches it to the car, but the mirror is perfect..........unfortunately I don't believe glue will work, so gorilla tape to the rescue for now!
My dilemma is that I have been unable to find ANY affordable side mirrors for my car. I have called every single auto salvage place in the area, even called the Scion dealership (they can get one for 200.00) but I am really on a budget and trying not to spend that much money if I don't have to.
I scoured ebay, amazon, you name it. I am hoping by some miracle that someone on here can point me in the right direction for a passenger side mirror/black for my Scion xA.
Thank you to anyone with any advice! I really hate that you cannot fit any other mirror onto it, because there are TONS of tC mirrors....

I'm losing my mind here.........
Old 07-12-2015, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-Scion-Xa-Driver-Side-Mirror-Black-W-Signal-Light-/252021340610?rmvSB=true

Blaaaaaack!

Keep an eye on it, wait till the last count down, have the bid window open. Set your max bid as much as your willing to pay, enter the absolute highest amount you can afford.

Then watch the count down. When it hits 5 seconds left, press place bid.

This way if that person put a max bid and yours is higher, you win. There is no time for them for place a bid that quick, even if they do, they might not bid past your max.

And you will so get it! If not, I'll keep an eye out for you!

EDIT/UPDATE:

I've found out recently that the 06' xA and all years tC use the same mirrors. When I was looking at them, they looked identical.. So after a lot of reading it seemed to be what lots of people were saying.

So there is that option. I've personally not tried to match them up with no need to, but if you go to a junk lot you might try and see if they will let you offer it to the xA and see if it really fits.

Just don't want anyone reading this thinking it's been proven.

All the posts said it was the same, but I didn't see where anyone said they had done it.

Last edited by StxArOne; 07-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:53 AM
SL Member

thanks StxArOne for the reply!

I actually needed the passenger side. But I was able to find one luckily in the right color on ebay for 120.00

those mirrors are very hard to find!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh wow, yeah I see you said Passenger side now D: Eek!

Glad you got it!!!!!!