SL Member

Wow.
That is all.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jasper Ash
You bought a low horsepower FWD vehicle... and you blame the car for being stuck in that ^ ?

You should have just bought a Ford F-750 and wished for 40+ MPG.

You sir, FAIL.
Actually you fail. What does hp have anything to do with getting out of snow? I believe you need tq and the tC has plenty of that. As for the F-750, I assume you didn't notice the recall Ford called that vehicle because of corrosion. All the salt and snow will eat up that vehicle like no other so I would not exactly say the F750 is a better vehicle then the tC. Unless you were being sarcastic about the F750, well you still fail for mentioning Ford.

OP, I completely agree with Ack that it comes down to the driver. I live in Chicago where snow is just as bad as the location you live in. The tC prevails in every situation, even today as we have 3-6 ft of snow everywhere.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer
I put racing tires on the car a few months ago. Feels bad lol.
I'm curious... what tires, exactly do you have on your car?

If you really do have summer tires on your car that is 98% of the problem. Any summer tire out there is in no way made to run in snow/ice. They are totally different rubber compounds. There's even a big difference in rubber between all-season and actual "winter" tires.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just woke up and my car is still stuck like in the picture LOL! No one moved it.
Um dude, I'm not sure what to say here, but your expectations of your neighbors are a bit lofty

"Invest $500-$1000 in snow tires that will be beneficial for 4-5 days of the 365 days a year. Although those summer Yokohomas are great for 360 days, they suck those other 5"
So even if you had a snow set would you wait until it snowed before switching them out? Have you ever changed your tires in the cold?

Heed the advice you've read here bro, I used to live in the DC area and this is not the first time they got hammered with tons of snow. A spare set of 16" steel wheels can come cheap. In fact it's recommended you get a wheel one inch smaller than your stock for snow tires. Like sciontC I have a set of Blizzaks which I roll on from mid-November to at *least* the end of March (The Great Lakes areas get snow as late as April and sometimes it's still on the ground in May)

For the DC area you're probably safe to change to snow tires the week of thanksgiving and if you can't wait to tear it up, you can switch back by the end of February, weather permitting.

Snow driving is all about being safe and not being the doof that screws things up for other drivers. If your vanity is more important, you're better off staying off the road alltogether.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

First off, power and/or tq has NOTHING to do with getting out of snow. Actually low hp is great for snow since tire spin is the big issue. 10000000000 hp and 100000000000 ft*lbs of tq is useless if the tires just spin ;)

Second, this is bad driving habits + bad tires for the job + a bunch of snow.

Third... this has to be the dumbest thread I have seen in a while .. .even on here
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually tq has plenty to do with it. You need tq to start off a motion. Without tq, you will not go anywhere. FWD is good for snow because you are able to move any sort of traction in the direction you need to go. However, if you just smash your foot on the pedal, you will eventually dig yourself into a bigger hole. Either way, this thread is pretty sad with all the retarded comments but good in the fact that you can use a thread to vent your feelings.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thank you all, and good night.