Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion tC Second Gen » Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge » Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
crazydrummer7 25/M

Matthew Vernon Griffin
Default Heated Seats

Well, winter's coming rather fast and I was wondering if anyone noticed the heated seat option on TRDSparks. I was just wondering if there who has installed these or something like these. I don't really feel like starting a bon fire in my car.
crazydrummer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
SL Member

ashtc2 23/M

those are not specific to the tc. you can basically add heated seats on any car.

Any idea how you would take the seats apart?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
5 Year Member
SL Member

CanxB 49/M

The seats use hog rings (round metal rings) to hold the fabric in place. I ordered seat heaters from ebay and installed them along with a leather interior. We love them.
CanxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
SL Member
VVTinme 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanxB View Post
The seats use hog rings (round metal rings) to hold the fabric in place. I ordered seat heaters from ebay and installed them along with a leather interior. We love them.
What vendor did you go with for the leather? Did you have prior experience installing leather seats before working on your tC?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
pphdictator 28

I installed leather seats in my car as well along with seat heaters. I ordered katzkin leathers and the were simple to install, very happy with the outcome, and already enjoying the heated seats.
pphdictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #6
SL Member

ashtc2 23/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphdictator View Post
I installed leather seats in my car as well along with seat heaters. I ordered katzkin leathers and the were simple to install, very happy with the outcome, and already enjoying the heated seats.
pictures please, and did you do the install yourself? for some reason i thought i had to stitch when installing
Old 12-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
pphdictator 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealexhernandez View Post
pictures please, and did you do the install yourself? for some reason i thought i had to stitch when installing

Send me a PM with your email address, I'd be happy to send you some pictures. I'm not sure how to get pictures up here as far as stitching there isn't any required, just a little cutting with a sharp razor blade. Otherwise they attach with hog rings the same way that they came off.

Here is a link on them being installed in a F150 not much different than our car, but our seats don't have velcro as the F150 does only more hog rings. and some plastic/rubber strips on on the back.

I highly recommend the Katzkin leathers and instillation isn't that bad, i did mine one seat at a time over a few days. I wish while i had all them seats out I would have taken the time to dynamat the interior of my car.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
SL Member

ashtc2 23/M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphdictator View Post
Send me a PM with your email address, I'd be happy to send you some pictures. I'm not sure how to get pictures up here as far as stitching there isn't any required, just a little cutting with a sharp razor blade. Otherwise they attach with hog rings the same way that they came off.

Here is a link on them being installed in a F150 not much different than our car, but our seats don't have velcro as the F150 does only more hog rings. and some plastic/rubber strips on on the back.

I highly recommend the Katzkin leathers and instillation isn't that bad, i did mine one seat at a time over a few days. I wish while i had all them seats out I would have taken the time to dynamat the interior of my car.
I just looked through the videos and it doesn't look that hard. Just very time consuming. How long did it take you?

ps. I sent the PM for pics
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
pphdictator 28

It wasn't hard, it did take some time, lots of tugging and hog rings. I did mine one seat at a time over several days. each took an hour or so.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 2013, adding, cloth, doesnt, heated, heaters, install, interior, leather, scion, scions, seat, seats, sion, tc