Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RCA hook ups for 2016+ OEM Pioneer stereo

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

Default RCA hook ups for 2016+ OEM Pioneer stereo

So I have an iM but the new stereos are apparently also in the FR-S and TC. I went to install an amp / subwoofer this morning, but after taking apart the dash and removing the new headunit (non BeSpoke) there are no RCA jacks on the new headunit. There are however 2 empty receptacles for harnesses on the back of the stereo. Anyone know what these may be for, and if there are harnesses available to create RCA out jacks?

Name:  IMG_2870_zpshskrjgm2.jpg
Views: 23676
Size:  161.3 KB
Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 AM
em_

Originally Posted by prescottn
So I have an iM but the new stereos are apparently also in the FR-S and TC. I went to install an amp / subwoofer this morning, but after taking apart the dash and removing the new headunit (non BeSpoke) there are no RCA jacks on the new headunit. There are however 2 empty receptacles for harnesses on the back of the stereo. Anyone know what these may be for, and if there are harnesses available to create RCA out jacks?

Omg no replies
anyway wirst case scenario you can get the input to the amp from the rear speakers ... ita not ideal but it works just search on google for amp imput from speakers
Old 04-23-2016, 03:52 PM

Hey man,

Are you able to post your wiring harness from your IM? I'm still trying to figure out how to wire in a review camera in my 2016 TC, but I'm not going to drop $150 on a harness that I can put together myself. If possible, post clear pictures of the connectors and the wires showing which location they are in. I'm mostly interested in the 24 and 28 pin connector.

Back to your original question, I'm running a 4ch high-low convertor to feed RCA cables to my 4ch amp. I also ran speed wire from my amp to my factory harness.

Not sure if your IM has 3 speakers in the door, but the TC does. You'll need to run new speaker wire directly to the speaker once you upgrade them. I just installed some 6X9 Kickers in the doors, and they sound like crap with the factory wiring. The reason is the the factor wiring is only delivering low freq into that speaker location since it's really a woofer location. I'm about to run a new wire to the doors to bypass that. I know it's not the radio or amp, since I already tested it running directly from my amp to the speaker in the door. I'm planing on running only the 6X9s in the front doors.

Last edited by johnnya005; 04-23-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:27 PM

Check out the image of the harness on this page...

OEM Audio Plus Scion tC Reference 400CF

Do the plugs on the left side of the image look correct?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by custodian7138
Check out the image of the harness on this page...

OEM Audio Plus Scion tC Reference 400CF

Do the plugs on the left side of the image look correct?
Those are just the standard Toyota/Scion power/speaker harness. I'm looking at the one that contains the steering wheel controls and there should be another harness that does not come with the TC. The 2016 FRS and IM would have those since they come with review camera from the factory.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:14 AM

Just an update on the front speaker install:

I didn't run a new wire through the door as it was too much work. I ended up tapping into the yellow and black wires at the twitter location. It would appear the sound delivered there before the twitter is full range or at least as close as you can get.

The woofer is powered by an amp that is supposed to be under the driver seat. That would explain the lower freq at the woofer location.