Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sunroof makes 2 clicks when trying to open..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sunroof makes 2 clicks when trying to open..

2008 tc - When press the open button I hear two quick little clicks and thats it. It doesnt move at all. I pulled out the dome light assembly and pressed the button prior to disconnecting it and it certainly sounds like the 2 clicks come directly from the sunroof motor.

I checked fuses, they're good.

The button looks to be making good contact with the little things it presses against when depressing the button - I can clearly see them move up and down when depressing button with the dome consol pulled out.

I did my best to try to clean the tracks for the sunroof - There is somewhat gunk white lithium grease buildup that I am struggling to get all off but even cleaning off most of it did not affect the sunroof.

I sprayed a bit of WD40 on the rails and best I could be without being open the roof I'm not sure how successful that was.

Anyone have any ideas? I have seen other threads where sunroof motors go bad, is there a way to 100% confirm that?

And finally, is there a thread on how to replace sunroof motor if it comes to that? Do I have to remove entire headliner?

Thank You!