Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:44 PM

Default Alarm Help

Hello alll,

I have an 04 xA that I bought used in 05. As far as I know, it has an aftermarket remote system and alarm (super sensitive). Unfortunately, since then, the car has had some problems, most of which I could fix. This one, however, has me stumped.

The weatherstrip on the driver-side window flew off while driving a couple months ago. As some of you may know, it snowed quite heavily in the northeast, and consequently, I believe some snow/water got into the door panel/electronics, however I may be wrong.

I woke up this morning to go to work and found the battery was dead/near-dead (the alarm tried to sound but couldn't quite 'sound off'). With the door open, the alarm wouldn't (attempt to) sound, however when it was closed, it would. So I managed to jump start the car with a friend's Jeep and was able to get to work. Fast-forward to about 2 hours ago and I found the battery dead again. This time, whether the door was open or closed, the alarm (again, attempted to) sound. With the help of a colleague I was able to jump start it and get home.

I have since left it in the driveway, negative terminal of the battery unplugged (in order to stop it from draining itself again).

Troubleshooting steps I took:
- Disconnecting the horn (both the relay and the fuse); alarm still sounded
- Pressing the reset button while the alarm sounded (looks like this, which leads me to believe that it is an aftermarket alarm)

Basically, I guess my question is, is it a problem with the door electronics that would cause this (like here) and if so, where's a good place to find the parts for a relatively low price? Also, are there any guides that show how to take apart the driver-side door panel? I've only found rear-door panels for some reason...

Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope to fix this by the end of the weekend as I need it to get to my classes.

Thank you!
Old 03-08-2015, 12:03 PM

In case anybody else has the same problem:

Looks like I may have fixed it. Took out the window/driver-side door electronics panel (just had to remove the screw in the little storage bin and pry it up) and all looks good so far. I'm probably going to buy this one.