Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 06:26 AM

Default Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry...Please help

Recently I purchased a 2006 XA for my 16 year old daughter. The only way to lock and unlock the doors was/is to use a key in the door. Well I wanted her to have a remote to unlock and lock the doors.

So after searching the forum I decided to buy an aftermarket one that got good reviews. BTW, i do not have a factory security system on this XA, just automatic door looks.

So I read this thread and tried connecting the wires.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...t-guide-11962/

Does anyone have an installation PDF or guide?

Right now I currently have all the wires connected but only the Lock function works on the door. When I open the door and swing it open, I can press the unlock on the remote and it unlocks it. When I close the door and press lock on the remote it locks, but when I press unlock the parking lights blink twice like they should, the unit clicks twice, but the locks do not unlock.

Here is the system I bought:
Amazon.com : DocoolerŽ Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Electronics Amazon.com : DocoolerŽ Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Electronics

Docooler Care Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controls

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You
Old 08-26-2015, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have done this already, but if not, re-trace all your wiring. Having a notepad with you, to check off each wire when you verify all connections are in the right places.

I read the reviews and a lot of people had problems with the unit functioning correctly and not a great ratio (3.9 Star - ‎302 reviews), so if all your connections are correct, that could be an option, that there is something faulty in the unit.

I saw there was a pdf guide on how to install them, but it's not a working link.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:25 PM

I traced the wires but the one thing I dont know is if I have the correct wires going to the right lock/unlock wires in the kick panel. In the link I provided, it says "Blue with yellow stripe to yellow with black stripe"......
Does this mean to run a jumper wire from the blue/yellow to the yellow/black then to the RKE control box wire for unlock?

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-26-2015, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It does sound like you would join the two.

You don't have it wired that way now, so according to the guide that must be the way to do it. But there is no listing of what those wires do individually, so I can't give a defenate yes or no without knowing what everything specifically does to gauge weather it will work or not.

Both those wires are coming out of a harness in the car or your module?

While I have quite a bit of experience with circuits and electronics, the guide is very confusing to me.. So your actually better at reading it then me if you got as far as you have haha!

I guess I have a tough time telling someone do something if I haven't done it myself, and I'm not there to see it. If it was my car however, I would take the shot at joining them togeather into a single wire off them.

But if that's not it (joining the two, into a single wire to your module), you can always solder and shrink wrap them back the way the way they were.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:19 PM

I got it working today. The remotes for this $14 RKE are better then many I have seen.