Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Alarm/Keyless/Remote Start Guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member

For the power door locks, I found the wires that are grounded directly by the power lock switch instead of the key switch. This eliminates the need for a double unlock pulse, but does not allow for unlock of driver's door only.

At driver kick panel (05 xA):
lock: Brown/White
unlock: Green/White
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM

Default Park/Neutral wire?

Hi, my remote start requires I connect to the wire that shows ground only when the gear selector is in Park or Neutral. But I can't find any info on where that wire is. This is for a 2005 xA automatic. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Last edited by roofoo; 01-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member

From the wiring diagrams, looks like if you provide power for starting at the ignition switch, the park/neutral switch will prevent starting unless in park or neutral already. The ground for the gear selector for your alarm is redundant. For my alarm, I have the same wire grounded through a toggle switch. This allows me to disable the remote start when the car is parked in a garage or for servicing.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Ok, cool, thanks! Good idea about the toggle switch. Where did you mount yours?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member

I put the toggle switch in one of the blanking plates below the steering column (just to the right).
Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 AM

I have another question. For the door trigger, I connected to the red/blue wire in the kick panel but the alarm doesn't sound when the doors are opened and the dome light doesn't come on when I disarm. Am I not connecting to the right wire? I know the first post said door trigger is red/white but when I tested that wire there was no voltage change from the door pin switch being pushed. The red/blue wire, however did show a voltage change.

Do I need to diode isolate the door trigger input of the alarm from the domelight supervision relay? Right now they are both tapped into the red/blue wire without diodes.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member

I think Red/White or Red/Blue depends on where you tap the wire. I had a hard time finding the right red/white wire. I ended up tapping right at the driver front door switch. Unfortunately, it only works when the driver front door opens, not for the other doors.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Ok, I tested the red/blue wire again. When the door is opened, it measures 1.75V. When closed it measures 12V. I tried grounding it to see if that would trigger the domelight but nothing happens. So I'm thinking I have the wrong wire for the door trigger.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 PM

I think I figured it out. There are two different red/blue wires in the same bundle. One is for the driver's door, and the other is the other doors. You can sort of see that in the wiring schematic.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:39 AM

Got it working. I diode isolated the red/blue wires so now all doors set off the alarm.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:37 PM

Just wanted to mention an issue I encountered and what I did to resolve it:

Had a Compustar CS700-S installed in a 2006 xA by an authorized dealer, and was going nuts trying to figure out why remote starting the car set off panic mode. Well, as it turns out, the factory alarm was kicking in when the remote starter went to start up the car with it locked. The solution was to have the installer reconfigure the remote start functionality such that it handled remote start requests with 3 events:

1. Unlock door
2. Start the Car
3. Lock door

Hopefully this saves someone out there a headache. I also had them kick down the crank time by .2 seconds, though I might turn that back up as occasionally it now needs to be remote-started twice. I just didn't like that remote-starting it hot caused the starter to crank too long.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by tribe
For the power door locks, I found the wires that are grounded directly by the power lock switch instead of the key switch. This eliminates the need for a double unlock pulse, but does not allow for unlock of driver's door only.

At driver kick panel (05 xA):
lock: Brown/White
unlock: Green/White
Can you elaborate on this alittle more please. I am in the process of adding Remote Keyless Entry to my daughter 2006 XA.

Can you tell me how you did the connections and where you did it?

I am currently working in the drivers kick panel that has the 14 little wires on the one white connector.

My after market diagram shows my white is used to lock the doors, so I connected that to the brown white wire. This is actually locking the doors with the remote.

Now for the unlock function..... the diagram shows the white with black stripe from the control box us used for unlock. So i can seem to find which wires or wire I have to connect the white with black stripe too. When I connect it to the green white it works when the door is open but not closed.

What am I doing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated. On the first post here it says Blue with Yellow to the Yellow with Black. Sounds like I need a jumper wire then connect the module white with black stripe wire to the jumper....?????

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM

On my 06 XA the white connector in the drivers kick panel has 14 wires....here's how they go in and out to the door.

Into the connector (Top Row) Out to Door
Pink/Black to Pink/Black
Yellow to Yellow
Brown/Yellow to Brown/Yellow
Green to Green
Green/White to Green/White
Pink to Red/Blue
Purple to Red/Black

Into the connector (Bottom Row) Out to the Door
Pink to Red/Blue
Purple to Red/Black

Brown/White to Brown/White
Blue/Red to Blue/Red
Yellow/Black to Blue/Yellow
Brown/Yellow to Brown/Yellow
White/Black to White/Black
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM

I got it working...not that anyone cares or was watching this old thread. My daughter is happy and that's what matters because now she doesn't have to stand in the rain to lock or unlock her car doors with the key. The remotes are powerful and well made.

Amazon.com : DocoolerŽ Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Electronics Amazon.com : DocoolerŽ Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers : Vehicle Alarm Accessories : Electronics