Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Since Scions' are "pure price..."

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Default Since Scions' are "pure price..."

Was anyone able to work a deal to get a free part(s) or free installation on parts? I know they won't haggle the price, but was anyone successful with this? I'm thinking of trying to make them install the premium sound system for free.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck. I learned in my experience that the "Pure Price" applies to not only the car, but also all of the accessories too. Basically if you want the lowering springs put on before you get the car, it's $400. if you decide two months later you want the lowering springs, its still gonna be $400. You might be able to, but when i got my quick shifter installed they charged me $150. I asked if i could buy it and then have them put it on and the price was still around $150 total.

Best of luck. The Scion Pure Price is kind of annoying. Its nice but it has its drawbacks. Like this.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

nope they wont
Old 12-23-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member

Pure Price is pure price, on everything. Best of luck to you to try to get them to haggle on anything. My brother(well fellow Marine) works the parts counter, could always hook me up on parts for my Tacoma, but not my tC.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thfc1799
Was anyone able to work a deal to get a free part(s) or free installation on parts? I know they won't haggle the price, but was anyone successful with this? I'm thinking of trying to make them install the premium sound system for free.
Well if you order the car with the premium sound system, the $479 includes installation. The prices listed on the scion website are non negotiable. By that same token, they cant charge you more.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is one exception to the rule on haggling, and only one. That is the ability to negotiate your trade-in value of your old car. When I bought my 07 Scion TC brand new, I didnt have much of a trade in. I was just finishing college at the time and was driving a 97 Dodge Avenger that was a piece of crap. The Blue Book value on it was around $500, but it was the end of the month (the best time to buy a new car) and it was pretty obvious that the sales rep was kinda desperate to "get me in that new car today!" So I told them the bottom line was that the only way "I could afford" to sign on the dotted line was if they gave me $2500 for my trade it. At first he balked, but after doing the whole "let me talk to my manager" charade for 45 minutes, they gave me $2300 for my old Hoopty. So, moral of the story is that while you may not be able to directly negotiate price, you can trade in an old Jalopy and get more for your trade-in than what its worth. At first they might balk, but just threaten to walk out the door and they immediately change their tune.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Scion Site has nothing to do with the price a dealership sells for. It is up to each dealer what they price thier Scions and parts for on thier very own menues. That being said....dealers can sell the cars or parts at more or less then what Scion.com says. Dealers like us are very deep in the aftermarket equipping of our new Scions so we offer tons of non Scion.com options at great pricing.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont believe the pure price for a second. i bought my 2008 scion tc brand new with the TRD CAI, exhaust, lowering springs, lip kit, under dash lights, illuminated door sills, spoiler upgraded sound system. the kit and spoiler were already painted black and the tc was silver. it was created for the dealerships show car to get younger buyers interested into them. it had about 200 miles on it from test drives and after the manager fought me and fought that it was not for sale as i started walking off the lot he sold me the car with the parts for $17,800 plus tax. there is always a way if they want to make a sale bad enough. im sure people wont believe me but idc i have the bill of sale to prove it. stick to your guns and dont give into the dealership. there is always a way!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the Spoiler, the Fogs, Alpine Premium Sound, window tint option, mats and truck mat, all free from the dealer. But only reason why is because the dealer goofed on my car. Before the 2011 model was released to the public, I got to test drive a 2011 Cement tC and told the dealer I wanted one in black EXACTLY like the one they showed me. That tC had everything listed above. When they ordered my black one, it came bone stock with no extras. So they tried to sell me that one. I made a big deal about how the made false promises to their customers. So the dealership manager decided to give me all those parts for free on my car. I don't see you getting anything free unless it's something like this.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Josiah21TC
dont believe the pure price for a second. i bought my 2008 scion tc brand new with the TRD CAI, exhaust, lowering springs, lip kit, under dash lights, illuminated door sills, spoiler upgraded sound system. the kit and spoiler were already painted black and the tc was silver. it was created for the dealerships show car to get younger buyers interested into them. it had about 200 miles on it from test drives and after the manager fought me and fought that it was not for sale as i started walking off the lot he sold me the car with the parts for $17,800 plus tax. there is always a way if they want to make a sale bad enough. im sure people wont believe me but idc i have the bill of sale to prove it. stick to your guns and dont give into the dealership. there is always a way!

Demo cars are exempt from pure pricing cause of the mileage on them, you happen to luck out by getting one with low mileage.

Our dealership normally stocks at least 1 demo, currently we have 2 in stock. One is a dealer demo, the other is a corporate one.
The corporate one has like 4,000 miles on it and is RS 7.0 number 3, its got Nav and a couple of small things on it. The dealership demo is not for sale yet. When it goes on sale it will have about 1,000 miles on it, but this one is all TRD'd out. Lowering springs, 19's, nav, exhaust, front upper bar and the quickshifter.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my tc2 in january, and they threw in the wing,mats,cargo net for free because like someone stated false promises.. i ordered the car in black with wing on the car! when the car came it was bone stock and it was automatic when i ordered stick! I told em nevermind i didnt want to wait any longer i wud go buy a different car. Dealer promised black with free wing, mats, and cargo net so i took it lol.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ryan5x
I got the Spoiler, the Fogs, Alpine Premium Sound, window tint option, mats and truck mat, all free from the dealer. But only reason why is because the dealer goofed on my car. Before the 2011 model was released to the public, I got to test drive a 2011 Cement tC and told the dealer I wanted one in black EXACTLY like the one they showed me. That tC had everything listed above. When they ordered my black one, it came bone stock with no extras. So they tried to sell me that one. I made a big deal about how the made false promises to their customers. So the dealership manager decided to give me all those parts for free on my car. I don't see you getting anything free unless it's something like this.
My situation wasn't false promise and I got free.

I traded in an 07 tc with a trailer hitch on it. So the dealership put a whole new one on the new 11 tc since the old wouldn't fit. I basically argued and trash talked the new one that it was kinda a bit of a downgrade. How I had fogs and HIDs on the old one plus LEDs (which I swapped before driving off..) and how the windows are full auto on both windows on 07 and only auto down on drivers new... So they threw in the hitch installed to make me feel better

Pure pricing is just another sales pitch crock
Old 12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TC-Maverick
Pure pricing is just another sales pitch crock

Not true, I would have said no...
Old 12-29-2011, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Up here in Canada when I was shopping around in July, two dealers I went to stuck to the "Pure Pricing" model. Although I am not sure why since all the other dealerships cut the price of the car and accessories down for me without much asking.

Although it wasn't much of a discount but it did depend on the dealership and the sales rep. The Scion rep guys were more willing to work with me on the price than the Toyota reps (except the 2 dealerships I went to where the Scion reps stuck to "Pure Pricing"). I wasn't expecting a huge reduction anyways because of how competitively priced the tC is but at least it was something that worked for me.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Well I got 15% off parts for life because they messed up my contract. They wanted to raise my monthly payments 40 more a month because they messed up their math and noticed after all the paperwork was signed. I told them I will pay my original plus I need something to help sweeten the deal or else I was going to take them to court over the matter. With 100% knowing they will lose they kept trying to make deal that still increased payments. As I told them this is final you will hear from my layer they Finally agreed to my terms so i walked outta there with a great deal and 15 percent off parts for life :-)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2012, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good on you rj for thinking on your feet. I had a very similar experience when buying my 07 years back. Except for me they were in clear breach of contract. With that in mind they still tried to bluff me on the premise they had corporate lawyers, so I bluff back that my attorney said the case was so clean cut I could present it. (which it would've been that easy, just no lawyer) end result 3k off the price
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

I got mine with $500 worth of free accessories of my choice. And it was totally unexpected for me. I was planning on getting my scion from one dealership, but after i left one....i went to another. The second dealership was going to offer me a $500 internet coupon to use which was pretty cool on top my $1000 rebate for just graduating. Anyway, the next day i called the first dealership i went to and casually mentioned that i went to another dealership to look and that they were going to offer me the $500 off coupon. And they guy was like, "Well, we're not doing that promotion here...but as long as you keep this between me and you...i can give $500 worth of free accessories of your choice." This guy was also a lot nicer than they other dealership so I figured i couldn't pass it up.

* I just reread and saw this was about parts, nots accessories....my bad. lol

Last edited by rocefresh; 01-29-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added more
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rocefresh

* I just reread and saw this was about parts, nots accessories....my bad. lol
LOL, people are mentioning both so whatever.

I'm confused about this pure price thing with the accessories. I get the car itself as far as this pure price is, but the accessories are different I think.

I screwed up on my purchase and should've included the Scion alarm from the get-go but I decided to put it in 2 weeks after I just got this ride. I didn't want another alarm because I didn't want a second device controller to possibly lose and after getting a quote on the actual alarm itself, the dealers still had a separate install price for labor. It was more than the listed price total and I called 4 dealerships and they gave me the same quote so I'm confused over this. I still bought it since we've had break-ins at my work and even my neighborhood.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what I've heard the base model scion is price controlled but I think the accessories etc are all kind of up to the dealer. Could someone from scion interject? Mine said I needed to pay for my accessories before ordering the car, and when I said id have to skip them they completely changed their tune and just ordered the car with the addons... im guessing the accessories are the bonus on the sale (x dollars for the sale and the accessories are probably a nice pay perk)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if you got something for free then maybe they undervalued you trade or sign up fees were increased, nothing is free.

Quick Reply: Since Scions' are "pure price..."