Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Since Scions' are "pure price..."

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a fully loaded model, Fogs,Wing,mats,and A TRD Short Throw. I ordered my car put a 1000 dollar deposit, called to come pick her up and someone sold my car!!!! so obviously I threw a fit and got the maneger involved. After 2 hours and telling them I want my money back they found my current car at their sister dealership, it was being fitted to be there demo. so they threw in the short throw and mats for free as well as a $50 gas card. Car was blue when I wanted Silver, but I took it, and have been happy ever since.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion202
if you got something for free then maybe they undervalued you trade or sign up fees were increased, nothing is free.
Free spoiler, free tint and free mats and no trade in = indeed free. Dealer messed nothing up at all, I was just very firm that I wanted NOTHING on the car. They could not find one "barebones" since the dealers order them with extras or add them to increase profit. I just stuck to my guns and they made it happen. I did not tell them I secretly wanted all of that and would have added it afterward... All I paid for was the Alpine head unit, or the spoiler and not the Alpine, I forget but about $700 off when you add it all up. Either way, the best way to get a "discount" is say you want no extras, period. You may get unlucky and they actually find one that has nothing on it, but have you ever seen a barebones Scion? I know I have not. They may take your offer, they may not. If not, there are always other dealers.

And quit trading in your cars people!!! It is such a rip off! You never come out ahead when trading a car into a dealership... Think about it, the used car guy wants to give you as little as possible so he can make max profit on the lot or at auction, plus your salesman gets commission based off profit. So if the used car guy says $8,000 knowing your car is worth $10,000; then your salesman says $7000 because if you say yes, then the salesman gets paid about 25% of that $1000 difference = $250 in your salesman’s pocket just from your trade in, plus whatever profit he makes off the car you are buying. And if you dont go for that, the salesman says "We will give you $8000 for your car," in your head you think, cool and extra $1000, I am getting a good deal...... your car is worth $10,000; its not a good deal! When trading something in, it is you against the salesman and the used car manager... 90% of the time, you are not going to win that fight!

Last edited by Druidiron; 01-30-2012 at 10:03 PM.