Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

$30k....which one

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iyzmi
It's only fast till it dies like all the other SRT4's... If I were you I'd either get a tC to save as much money as possible and still drive a great car, or go all out on a top of the line Evo for $38k... You can also get a used Evo on ebay foer around $20k. If your loking for somthing in between those choices I'd say BMW 3xx.
Oh man, don't be a hater! SRT-4's ROCK!!!! Evo's break too, as much as SRT4'd if not more!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the SRT-4 is cool little car but I've heard a ton of bad storys of them not being very reliable. Plus you'd get may more looks in an Evo then a pimped out Neon, lol.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

I still get a ton of looks in it because its the bright blue color and I have a set of chrome/polished centerline wheels on it. There are still a bunch of people who dont know what they are.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your insurance is going to be rediculous no matter what you get from all those choices...but I vote evo...or use a little bit more of that money and get an Elise
Old 07-23-2006, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the SRT-4 is cool little car but I've heard a ton of bad storys of them not being very reliable. Plus you'd get may more looks in an Evo then a pimped out Neon, lol.
I have heard a ton of bad stories about Evos's. And since an SRT4 is half the price, and they both have issues, i would go for teh SRT4!
But i still think a crossfire SRT6 is the best bet...would chew up and spit out that whiney little EVO POS with NO problem!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

if you want the most speed for least price srt4. i paid 21k for mine then the stage 3 mopar turbo kit for 1900 and i'm in mid 12s. Its an all around good car, has great suspension from factory as well as brakes.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blackbelt
I have heard a ton of bad stories about Evos's. And since an SRT4 is half the price, and they both have issues, i would go for teh SRT4!
But i still think a crossfire SRT6 is the best bet...would chew up and spit out that whiney little EVO POS with NO problem!
ROFL

You seriously think a 5spd auto RWD Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 can beat a 6spd short throw manual AWD Evo!? HAH!! The Evo is lighter, has a better acceleration, better brakes, AWD, manual tranny, 4 doors, $20k LESS, etc. The Chrysler would have no chance. Evo's are specially built rally race cars... whats a crossfire built for? Cruising on the highway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asNtG...p%20gear%20evo
Do you think a crossfire can leep up with a Murciealago?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Crossfire? Well if you're a girl, I guess you could buy it, oh and if you like POS Chrysler cars.

$30k, buy a quality car which you'll own for a long time, EVO's have horrible reliability, and your waranty is GONE if you even add an exhaust system.

Go with an Acura TSX or TL. But if you want a fast car, go with a STi. You have AWD, reliability, and power.

Avoid the SRT-4, it's a neon with a big engine, so basically it sucks.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait for that badboy to come out... Evo X, just the name screams out performance...
Old 07-24-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait for that badboy to come out... Evo X, just the name screams out performance...
And screams steal me.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which is why you get a lojack system and a UBER top of the line like $1,000 alarm system...

With that kind of thinking, then nobody should ever buy a BMW, or a $40+k Lexus, etc. in fear of it being stolen.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

$60k dollar post tax is quite a large amount of money.

Spending half of that on a depreciating asset is ludicrous. Especially since you aren't even 16 yet.

My 2 cents.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which is why you get a lojack system and a UBER top of the line like $1,000 alarm system...

With that kind of thinking, then nobody should ever buy a BMW, or a $40+k Lexus, etc. in fear of it being stolen.
No matter what you have in terms of security, if someone wants it they will get it. A friend of mine with a STI had a "top of the line" security system and a removable steering wheel that he would stick in his trunk when hed go in for work. One day he got off for lunch and the car wasn't there. The police managed to find it, with most of the parts still intact and in perfect condition..Which is pretty rare but thats not the point. If someone wants your car, they have resources to take it.

And its not the price that screams steal me.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thisisdudewhoru
It hasnt died yet. I only have 11k on it. And the stage 3 kit is the mopar kit which is covered under warranty just like our superchargers. But I plan on trading it soon for a FJ cruiser. I've been pulled over twice because i live on state line on virginia and everything is illegal over there. I got them because it is too loud. None of the tickets held up because I havent modded the exhaust any way. Its just loud.
eww

you must be loaded to be 16 and have so many cars*shrug*

eww, lies! The day you witness this happen, let me know!

wait for this bad boy to come out... Evo X, just the name screams out performance...
cosigned, I that car

$60k dollar post tax is quite a large amount of money.

Spending half of that on a depreciating asset is ludicrous. Especially since you aren't even 16 yet.

My 2 cents.
I couldn't agree more, lol. Especially being 16 and all, something WILL happen.

But I still stand by what I said, since your gonna do it, go for the Evo!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For $30k, 06 GTO best bang for the buck plus what mods do to that car! Add a $4500 turbo kit and the engine is making 600hp at 5psi on stock internals and trans. The interior is also incredibly nice. None of that nasty GM hard plastic crap!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
For $30k, 06 GTO best bang for the buck plus what mods do to that car! Add a $4500 turbo kit and the engine is making 600hp at 5psi on stock internals and trans. The interior is also incredibly nice. None of that nasty GM hard plastic crap!
Meh, i can think of better cars for $30k. But to each their own.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I wouldn't go to crazy, first of all is the car going to be a daily driver, if so anything RWD will suck six months of the year. Also you are 17, your insurance will be insane. I know 60 grand is a lot of cash but don't blow half of it on a car. get a tc, mod it slowly to figure out what you really want and put 30k in the bank. $3.20 a gallon for premium will go fast in a lot of those cars. If you want boost, get a tC with the trd s/c. If something breaks toyota will pay for it. If you put on a turbo, you pay for it.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
And it's probably an import so by default it is better
Old 07-26-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
And it's probably an import so by default it is better
If your that much of a fan of domestic, why are you driving an import? What difference does it make if its import or not, best bang for the buck can mean different things to different people. Shouldn't make my opinion any less than yours, quit being so close minded..No one is right or wrong, its all opinions.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

The GTO IS an import. It is made by holden, a sub of GM in Australia.