Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Hat_Trick_Hokie is Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hat_Trick_Hokie is Out

Well guys, it's been a good run but I sold the Scion and picked up a Corvette last night. I looked at E46 M3's, GTO's, 350Z's, and others when I finally settled on the Vette. If I was building a non-Z06 I would get this exact color combo and options, so I' very happy.

I have loved the tC, and still reccomend it to people looking for a car. Scion Life has been a great resource troughout the years, and I'll be back to check up on things. If you're at track days in the Mid-Atlantic area stop by and say hi.

To everyone I have met in the Mid-Atlantic area, and here one the boards, it has been a pleasure meeting you. And I'm sure I'll see you again.

Specs for those who are interested:
2002 Coupe
Black ext
Light Grey int
6-Speed Manual
Z51 Suspension package
Heads Up Display on windshield (HUD)
Stock black targa top
Power seats with memory package
12-Disk CD changer
68,000 miles

Last edited by Hat_Trick_Hokie; 06-21-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice! when will you take it to the next autocross with CDC? see if you an handle that v8!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
nice! when will you take it to the next autocross with CDC? see if you an handle that v8!
I tell you what, this car is going to be a pain in an autocross. It's a lot of car, that I need to learn to control.

I have a track weekend at VIR coming up next month, so it would be good to hit up an autocross before then. When is the next event?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Congrats on your new ride and a sure upgrade !
Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hat_Trick_Hokie
I tell you what, this car is going to be a pain in an autocross. It's a lot of car, that I need to learn to control.

I have a track weekend at VIR coming up next month, so it would be good to hit up an autocross before then. When is the next event?
next event is july 3rd at a brand new venue in winchester VA, supposedly it is like a huge lot with no street lamps or anything. then there is another one on july 10th, can't remember which venue that one is at.

and last year at an event in woodbridge, FTD was taken by a c5 z06. dude really knew how to handle that thing, it went through the course like a precision guided cruise missile. it was awesome, i was working the course when he ran, i couldn't believe how well he did.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Congrats on your new ride and a sure upgrade !
Thanks a lot man. It sure is a nice step up.

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
next event is july 3rd at a brand new venue in winchester VA, supposedly it is like a huge lot with no street lamps or anything. then there is another one on july 10th, can't remember which venue that one is at.

and last year at an event in woodbridge, FTD was taken by a c5 z06. dude really knew how to handle that thing, it went through the course like a precision guided cruise missile. it was awesome, i was working the course when he ran, i couldn't believe how well he did.
I'll see if I can make the 7/3 event. Unfortunately that's July 4th weekend, and it's my first weekend in Arlington, so I might be busy celebrating. If not, I'll see you there Christian.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. nice choice!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

definatly a great pick up!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Not my cup of tea but if you can handle that vette it will do well in auto-x. I have seen some tear it up out there. I think old man car when i see a vette. I like the GTO. It isnt very GTO-ish but it is a heck of a ride. I also love the 350z!

Enjoy though! You cant argue with fast!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks menace and FM

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Not my cup of tea but if you can handle that vette it will do well in auto-x. I have seen some tear it up out there. I think old man car when i see a vette. I like the GTO. It isnt very GTO-ish but it is a heck of a ride. I also love the 350z!

Enjoy though! You cant argue with fast!
Yea, I'm not too worried about Auto-X times, as I spend my "car" weekends on track days now.

And I agree with you, I always thought of the Vette as an old-man car (still kind of do), and at 23 I kind of feel young driving the car! But after a couple of full-throttle rips through the gears, and snaking through the backroads: I am a full believer in the car.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Nice pick up man.

The last two auto-x's I went to, there was a yellow Z06 and man could that guy fly in his 'Vette. Constantly one of the fastest cars there and boy was it awesome to watch. Cool guy too.

Be careful and have fun!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice car man buddy has one with the z51 package 460 na rwhp handles likes it on rails in comp mode hehe and when he turns traction off he becomes Drift king def fun cars
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Big Bird

Originally Posted by 06sciontcnda704
nice car man buddy has one with the z51 package 460 na rwhp handles likes it on rails in comp mode hehe and when he turns traction off he becomes Drift king def fun cars
Oh yea, I've had some scary times with the traction control turned off
Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice choice! You should have a blast in that. I always thought of them as old man cars, but in the past 5-10 years they have changed a bit.

Beamers are cool (well, the M's anyways) and perform well, but honestly I see them as kind of boring and definitely more than over-rated reliability wise. Wouldnt mind picking up a used M3, but the vette is a much more fun choice IMO.

A lot of guys have trouble handling the vettes on the autox course. A lot of car with a lot of power for a tight course. But those that do get them down do well with them. And on the track it will definitely be amazing.

They get the old man image cause thats typically who can afford to dump the cash on a 2 seater :D I have autox'd at porche and vette club events in my tC before. It is sad how many of them I absolutely KILL. Guys go out and spend a bunch of dough on a car built to be driven hard... and drive it like a grandpa cause they are scared of it. So your duty is to drive the p!$$ out of that car!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
So your duty is to drive the p!$$ out of that car!!!!!!
Thanks a lot man, I've really valued your opinion on performance advice in the past, and loved following your autocross escapades over the years. It's good to know some guys are still pushing their cars and constantly upgrading their own skills.

And don't worry, I've already been driving it as hard as I could. It's just hard to keep the thing around reasonable speeds on the streets!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

awesome! Great ride. Looked at a C5 myself, but ran across the shelby and had to get it instead
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
awesome! Great ride. Looked at a C5 myself, but ran across the shelby and had to get it instead
Thanks man. Yea I saw your post, that Shelby looks like a beast!