Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Honda Fit or Scion xA

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats. I own a VW and they are great cars. The new rabbits are really nice but the mpg leaves a bit to be desired. Overall, I think the rabbit is better than either tha xA or the fit.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member

I say fit all the way! Get the sporty package and you can't loose. The yaris are cool too but swapping a k motor in a fit would be hot if you needed it to be peppy.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I struggled with a similar comparison when i searching for my car. A buddy of mine at work kept on pushing me towards the Fit while i was thinking more of an xB. Once i drove the xB, i was hooked. I actually asked to drive the highest mileage one they had on the used lot first. For 43,000 miles, it was tight, quiet, and peppy enough for me. So after talking to the salesman and commenting how nice his xB is i kinda surprised him by saying that i wanted a new one. I just got back from a two hundred mile vacation and my new xB is awesome!! I have a little less than a half tank of gas so i guess i'll average about 34 mpg for this tank, i'll let you know, my normal commute is less than 150 miles a week. I will be nice to fill up only twice a month!! The xB just fits me better than the Fit, it's bigger, more comfortable, has better equipment.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:15 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sspdfreek
I struggled with a similar comparison when i searching for my car. A buddy of mine at work kept on pushing me towards the Fit while i was thinking more of an xB. Once i drove the xB, i was hooked. I actually asked to drive the highest mileage one they had on the used lot first. For 43,000 miles, it was tight, quiet, and peppy enough for me. So after talking to the salesman and commenting how nice his xB is i kinda surprised him by saying that i wanted a new one. I just got back from a two hundred mile vacation and my new xB is awesome!! I have a little less than a half tank of gas so i guess i'll average about 34 mpg for this tank, i'll let you know, my normal commute is less than 150 miles a week. I will be nice to fill up only twice a month!! The xB just fits me better than the Fit, it's bigger, more comfortable, has better equipment.
haha yes i like filling up every 2-3 weeks if i really strech it maybe 4 weeks
Old 08-20-2006, 01:22 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Good choice my friend. You'll love that little bastard ;-)
Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove a rabbit and its great...the base engine thats in the jetta/rabbit is the 5cyl 2.5l which is half of a LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO!! with same INTERNALS as the lambo...sooo u know its a solid engine

Kits should be comin out soon for that motor...its expecting to have plenty of POTENTIAL....
Old 08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Yeah, I am already taking off my nitrous kit off my tC and putting the parts away untill the Rabbit comes in. I love nitrous and I cant wait to see the inline 5 on the dyno with some tuning and a 65 shot. Should be some crazy amounts of torque and HP. I have been reading on the VW forums and they say the car is way under tuned from the factory and a good tune can produce a 20-30 HP increase. They said that the only reason for the under tune from the factory is because of the 2.0Turbo Golf that is out forabout $10,000 more then the Rabbit. I cant wait till I can start messing with the inline 5.....

HAHHAH, A Rabbit commercial just came on.....

Since, I live in Chicago and winters can be rough do you guys think I should pick mine up after winter or during it. If I order one it will be up to 2 months before it comes in.....
Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally like the Fit over the xA. I think one of the models have a paddle shifters inspired by F1.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

The paddle shifters are a nice feature on the fit.....
Old 08-20-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I built my own rabbit on the vw website, and it came out to 20k, yikes! According to the GTI site, the 6 speed automatic tranny yielded 0-60mph numbers from 7.1s(manual0 to 6.89(auto), interesting.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was reading the paper today and if you are looking at the higher end fit, they said that for $1540 more you can get a civic LX with 30 more hp, AC, auto, and slightly BETTER mileage than the fit.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm biased also
i say get the fit
Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fairladyz541
The paddle shifters are a nice feature on the fit.....
The rabbit has paddle shifters too.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too like the fit.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

I dont see it work the 2000 just for paddle shifters.....Maybe they can through them in for free since we are buying 2 Rabbits.....

Got my parents to jump on the bandwagon so now we are going to order 2 Rabbits. One four door for my mom and one Coupe for me(only if she could pay for mine..... ) anyways do you think they will give us a deal?

I know the topic has change so I was thinking maybe we could start a new post on the Rabbit itself.....
Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Nissan Versa looks cool, but it is made in Mexico. The VW Jetta's that are made in Mexico have issues. I would wait a few years to see what the quality is like. Nissan has been having some quality issues in general lately especially with their Altima and some Sentra models as well.

If you are trading in your tC I would ask are you going to get enough for your tC to make this all work? After paying taxes registration fees and the difference between your tC and whatever car you get it may not be worth it in gas savings. Just make sure you look at everything insurance rates gas mileage etc.

Scion/Toyota and Honda are great car companies whatever you decide you can not go wrong.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Thanks to double car payments and a good down payment on my tC I will not come out upside down when I trade in the tC. Also, my insurance will be going down 150 a month with me getting the Rabbit. Got to love a VW that is not involved or considered a hazzard not like the tC. Also, I have a good down payment that I am ready to put down on the Rabbit do to some insurance money and left over MISC money.....
Old 08-22-2006, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i read somewhere on consumer report...
vw's have one of the worst reliability in the past few years.

when i was looking for a car, it was between 06 civic si / 06 vw gti / 06 type-s
after reading that it kinda thinned out the choices alittle.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems as though many reviews say the Fit has sporty handling. The Fit does have a unique rear seat design for that extra space. Have you given any thought to the Nissan Versa? 6 speed manual!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fairlady - $2000 seems high for the DSG. I remember seeing that option for more like $800. Luckily, VW doesn't have pure pricing so you can haggle with them on the price. My dealer gave me $2k off my VW because I ddin't like the color. Buying two may help in negociating a better price.

Also, the gti and rabbit are built in Wolfsburg, Germany not Mexico.

I've owned both Honda's and VW's and have had no problems with either car.

Quick Reply: Honda Fit or Scion xA