Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Oh man..awesome Evo X deals in my area..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Oh man..awesome Evo X deals in my area..

So anaheim mitsubishi is having a HUGE evo sale (2008 evo x gsr's for just over $25k) and I'm sitting here wondering if I should send in that $5200 car payment to chop what I owe on my tC in half or if I should hold off and go out and test drive the evo (again) and see if I should hop in one haha

I know the smartest thing to do would be to pay off the tC but man..an evo for the price of a wrx..you can't beat that lol
Old 06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doooooo itt!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah it's definitely tempting..I'd have to drive one again because last time I drove it I remember not liking it all that much but at the same time I could stop thinking about the car...

Basically if I put through my $5200 payment on my tC I'll owe less than $5k on the tC..so if I get the Evo I"ll probably be starting all over with a 60month loan but with more than likely a better APR than I currently have simply because I have a good credit score..

lol go figure this happens RIGHT when I go to make my car payment..

edit: I PMed the guy from anaheim mitsubishi on evolutionm.net with my info so we'll see how this goes..
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

why dont you hold on to the 5200, trade the tC in, and if necessary use that for a Down payment

try to get the best price you can for your tC and use as little of that 5k as possible
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with dave thats the best way the evo's are sick go for it man that would be a definite step up.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what I was thinking..but I don't know how much I would get for the tC..don't have access to the tools to really put it back to stock :/ but I do have all the stock parts..my main concern is a huge scratch on my front bumper and my effed up spoiler install haha (do a search on "spoiler install gone wrong" to find the thread I started on that one..)

So I'm wondering if they will even give me enough to not be upside on my tC..it's an 07 with only 32200 on the ODO and I have most of the receipts from my oil changes (save for the first 2 changes which I did myself)

I have a good credit score but my income not so much..I only make like $1300 a month lol although, if you take away my car payment, my income is pretty much completely disposable with the exception of my cell phone bill and my storage unit that my g/f and I split 50/50 each month..

!$@$@#% this is tough lol

I need to still get an insurance quote to...my grandmother actually pays for my insurance so if it goes up to much I would have to make up the difference there to (which I don't mind just adding that in...)

I could probably refrain from modding the evo to much and make close to double payments each month and still have it paid off rather quickly..the more I think about it the more I can't find an excuse not to get it..this is bad..haha
Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'll wait until the guy on the evo forum PM's me back and see what he says..I didn't tell him how much I have to put down other than my trade-in..would probably get my uncle to help me finalize the deal (although he is all for me paying off the tC which I know is definitely the smartest thing to do lol)

My regular car payment for my tC isn't do till the 13th so I still have time to give it some though and analyze the situation..i'll keep you guys posted on what happens

and I'm still open for further opinions from everybody
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've got oem springs, steelies, oem intake and a TBL if u wanna go back to stock! holla at me! lol! i'll sell em to u for cheap! local too!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

do what you want man, your still young and what not, if you can afford it id say go for it, its a much better car then the tC, hell the Lancer GTS is a much better car then the tC let alone the evo lol. id say go for it, but then again i want out of my tC like crazy and if i could id be in an 09 WRX like i had planned to back in Oct (which i actually signed papers for but the gf made me back out )
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you test drove it and didnt like it...?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What were the MR s going for? sorry my wife does not drive stick so that would be my only option
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my next car is the 06 evo 8 just love them.....
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM

theres a saying ive heard a few times, goes like this:

only finance a car if you can afford two of them

that should be the only thing you would worry about when making a purchase (honestly it is, evo's dont get great reviews for nothing you know...)
Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

How much were the Lancer Railliart models going for if the Evos were $25k?

Honestly my advice to you would be to save that $5k and keep the tC. I can't wait till I pay off my ride because I don't want to have another car note for a long time.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned for NON PAYMENT
SL Member

aint just whistling dixie!
lol i own a lancer evo
so obviously im on the evo forums too
and boy someone just bought a X for only 26,500 OTD with SSS package

AWESOME DEAL!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mainly didn't like the interior not so much the way it drove...kinda want a second shot at it to be sure...I was pretty much dead set on a wrx at the time anyway.

Oh and the mr is around $33k I think...but you need to be a member of evolutionm.net and look for the Anaheim mitsu section of the forum
Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the way the WRX sounds but the out side apperance doesnt look mean like the evo does.....i can get a used evo with 20k miles on it for about $20 g.........i buy used rather then new suits me better
Old 06-05-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
I mainly didn't like the interior not so much the way it drove...kinda want a second shot at it to be sure...I was pretty much dead set on a wrx at the time anyway.

Oh and the mr is around $33k I think...but you need to be a member of evolutionm.net and look for the Anaheim mitsu section of the forum

I am I used to have a lancer used to frequent evom quite a bit, cool ,I will have to go check them out
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as affording 2 of them - if they were able to get my payment to around where I would want it (somewhere between about $350-$400 a month) i could essentially afford 2.

Still haven't heard back from the guy on evom yet..I'm also thinking that if I pay off the tC and wait about 8 months to a year or so afterwards I could probably get into an evo with more money down, a lower payment, and less amount financed so there is that option as well.

Oh and Dave - first thing the g/f told me when I mentioned getting rid of the tC "No" lol so I feel you on that one!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 AM

you said your income is about 1300 a month? 350-400 a month plus insurance and gas might leave you with less than you expect.

run some numbers, do some quick insurance quotes (google -insurance name- quick quote and you should be able to do some research without giving any important info)

not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything, but i know a lot of people who buy cars with only some basic in-the-head math and end up regretting it.

Quick Reply: Oh man..awesome Evo X deals in my area..