Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Said "GOODBYE" to the tC last Saturday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Said "GOODBYE" to the tC last Saturday!!!

Traded in the tC last week for a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 in Liquid Silver Metallic! Also got the tech package! All I can say is I love it! The quality I far better than the tC! Also definitely a fun little car! Dont have many pics yet.

I already order a Corksport 3" catback exhaust which is on backorder until the end of the month. I also bought and installed a jamesbaroneracing power path stage 2 intake!

Man do I love the sound of that turbo spool now!!! More to come!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WWAAAAAAAYYYYY better than the tC, congrats on the upgrade, good color too.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ya and a lamborghini is WWAAAAAAAAAAY better than the mazda speed 3.

The speed 3 is a nice car but it is not way better than the tC. It has more power but, that doesn't make it a way better car.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
WWAAAAAAAYYYYY better than the tC, congrats on the upgrade, good color too.
Thanks, definitely loving it! I was going to get white or red but they dealer had this one there and I fell in love with silver and gunmetal wheels!

Originally Posted by DermalsNmohawks

The speed 3 is a nice car but it is not way better than the tC. It has more power but, that doesn't make it a way better car.
lol thats not a wild comparison.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not trying to start any arguements, but as a CAR fan, and not just a SCION fan - You obviously have not driven a MS3. It is superior in handling, HP/TQ, and not surprisingly, fit and finish. (Not sure on the paint, but the paint on tC's suck). Headlights are better, seats are better. It also holds more storage by 4 cubic feet. Audio system is better as well.

One area of concern (that I can think of) is resale value. tC's do hold a pretty good resale value. Possibly, reliability - due to the turbo putting out another 100hp than the tC, parts could/should break a little faster. The reason they hold a better resale? They are cheaper. Its easier for a kid or younger person to afford a $10k car, than a $17k used MS3.

Your comparo against a lambo was just kind of, well.. stupid. Your going to compare a hyper car against a car thats 1 segment above a tC? Why not pick a m5 or 911 turbo? $140k Difference? Maybe Canada's education system - skips over common sense.

I guess 103 extra HP, and over 120 tQ, superior lighting, better interior compared to the gen1 or gen 2 tc, - doesnt justify the price difference to someone who cant afford it. Not to mention, you can haggle the price of a mazda, where you can not haggle a new scion. So your savings could be way more than the price posted. In the USA, you can NOT haggle a brand new scion down, unless you use a military, or college discount. Thats fact.

Here is the C/D long term (40,000 miles) review of the MS3:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...term-road-test

Vs the C/D review of the tC:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ression-page-1

To be honest, I think you are comparing the tC vs the regular Mazda 3. In that case, I would pick the tC.

Gen 1 Scion tc stock quarter is 15.7 @ 88mph from C/D. I am not going to bother looking up what the extra whopping 20hp for a gen2, but its most likely running a scorching 15.4/15.5 stock. Wow.

MS3 stock quarter is 14..5 @98mph from C/D Just pointing out facts. Go read both reviews, and check the reliability out of the MS3. Only needed a boost gauge fixed in 40k miles. Pretty good if you ask me.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-10-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not trying to start any arguements, but as a CAR fan, and not just a SCION fan - You obviously have not driven a MS3. It is superior in handling, HP/TQ, and not surprisingly, fit and finish. (Not sure on the paint, but the paint on tC's suck). Headlights are better, seats are better. It also holds more storage by 4 cubic feet. Audio system is better as well.

One area of concern (that I can think of) is resale value. tC's do hold a pretty good resale value. Possibly, reliability - due to the turbo putting out another 100hp than the tC, parts could/should break a little faster. The reason they hold a better resale? They are cheaper. Its easier for a kid or younger person to afford a $10k car, than a $17k used MS3.

Your comparo against a lambo was just kind of, well.. stupid. Your going to compare a hyper car against a car thats 1 segment above a tC? Why not pick a m5 or 911 turbo?

Maybe some of your "dermals" pierced your brain. I guess 103 extra HP, and over 120 tQ, superior lighting, better interior of the gen1 tc, - for the price difference between the two cars of only $6000 or so. Not to mention, if purchased new you can haggle the price of a mazda, where you can not haggle the scion. So your savings could be way more than the price posted.

Here is the C/D long term (40,000 miles) review of the MS3:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...term-road-test

Vs the C/D review of the tC:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ression-page-1

To be honest, I think you are comparing the tC vs the regular Mazda 3. In that case, I would pick the tC.

Gen 1 Scion tc stock quarter is 15.7 @ 88mph from C/D. I am not going to bother looking up what the extra whopping 20hp for a gen2, but its most likely running a scorching 15.4/15.5 stock. Wow.

MS3 stock quarter is 14..5 @98mph from C/D Just pointing out facts. Go read both reviews, and check the reliability out of the MS3. Only needed a boost gauge fixed in 40k miles. Pretty good if you ask me.
I am not comparing to tC1 but tC2. The reason I said a lambo was WAYYYYYYYY better was because you said the MS3 is WAYYYYYYYYY better than the tC, no it is not WAYYYYYYYYY better. If it is better (which it isn't) then it is only "better" and not WAYYYYYYYYY better than the tC2.

You must also be a moron because, 6k difference in price is significant increase for a front wheel drive car that has a turbo and still has a ____ty quarter mile (oooh 1 second faster).

Oh and the MS3 is 29,995 before tax/fees in Canada while the tC 2 is only 21,130 before tax/fees.

PS you know what is a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better car than the MS3? A WRX STI.......its only 10+k more.

Ok ok guess that's not a good comparison. Another car that's WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the MS3 is the FR-S or BRZ.....its only a couple grand more in the USA but a couple grand less in Canada. Yes, I know it is a different set up (RWD) but, so is your moronic comparison of the tC. The tC has no turbo while the MS3 does so how is that fair?

PPS I haggled for my Scion.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome! You've resorted to name calling, to try and prove your bravado of the tC2. Scion tC= Entry level car, in the same price bracket as a kia koup GT or whatever, idiot. Good job "haggling" your awesome tC2. I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I have also owned a porsche (944 turbo S, which in the late 80's would slaughter the tC2 even today - and most likely give the low HP FRS a beating, with 20 year old tech). Early m3, 03 Cobra (S/C) , and many many other cars. the tC I bought, I bought in cash - when they were still cool because they were the new kid on the block. Now, in its 3rd refresh, the tC brings absolutely ZERO HP bump up. My old prelude (01 - now sold) would smash on it, and its 10 years old now... Even an accord would destroy your "sporty" tc2. Awesome.

Again, have you driven the MS3? I have, and its leaps and bounds ahead of the tC2 (well, if you like things like more power, better audio, better lighting, better seats, more storage, and 4 doors) . I will say this, the tC2 is a improvement over the gen1 tC, but thats not saying a whole lot. I would look at other items such as top speed, tuneability, handling, and out of the box ready complete package. You have 2 panoramic roofs. Awesome, for when your sitting in the back seat of your car. Awesome...

My tC was "built" way more than your tC2 would ever see and would most def walk away from your tC2 in a quarter, top speed, or any type of track event. My BRAKES and built trans, cost more than all your upgrades combined.

I realize this is a scion website, and I am not trolling (since you've resorted to name calling) , but apparently, you dont understand the fact of - more money, usually --- better car. Same goes with houses, women, and wine. Your going with the adage that "well because my bottle of wine was $5, vs your $50, and gets me just as intoxicated, that its the same thing, but better". Obviously, you have no palette for cars, either..

But, have at it with your tC2. You could always add a turbo, drop 5k and maybe chase down a bone stock MS3 one day. Until then enjoy your $18k car. (or less, because you "haggled it down"). Awesome!

Pretty simple, the guy bought a much better car, and your kind of hating, and saying how awesome your tC2 is. Did you think that big 20hp bump up makes your car a supercar?? I hate to say it, and as much as I defended the tc when I owned it (much like you) in the majority of the tuning communities, the tC is low dog on the totem pole. Again, its the same thing as that new kia koup.

Hell, the GTI, Focus ST, MS3, SI, Mustang v6, genesis, veloster turbo, Fiat abarth, Cooper S, and basically everything else, is a better car. And yes, I agree the STI is a better vehicle than your tC2. So we do agree on something. I would take the STI, or regular WRX, over a tC2 any day.

Do me a HUGE favor. Point out 5 sporty cars made today, that make less HP than your awesome tC2.

You'll understand when you actually have money, and want a "quick" car. Note: I did not say fast. Fast = vette, viper, GTR. Cobra, m5, LFA ect. I wouldnt waste money on a car like that, when my CBR1krr makes about 10hp less, than your awesome tC2 - and would lay waste to 99.99% of vehicles out there. You dont know what a fast vehicle is... trust me. Any time you want to come out of America Jr. (Canadia) - Hit me up, we can run the tC2 against a kia koup (Ill rent it, or buy it, and throw it away) and Ill put the same numbers your awesome tC2 is doing.

BTW here are the "specs" on the kia koup - you make a whopping 7 more HP - direct from motor trend :
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2013/...pecifications/
Youtube:

PLEASE WATCH THE youtube video- your tC2 class is - Kia Koup SX, REGULAR focus, and a EX civic. All in the sub 18-19k range, which, is cheap for a new car.

BTW: FRS/BRZ - I wouldnt own one (yet). I WILL be buying the STI version if it makes it to production, factory turbo'd. Until its what I would expect it to be, I wouldnt own one. I would rather (at the present time) have a CR s2000. I would rather have a mazdaspeed miata, than the present FRS if your just going off the motor specs and cheap HP tuneability.

I do have to add: I LOVE the looks of the "twins", the sheet metal is beautiful, and I love the low COG. It just needs more power, which it most certainly will get in the next few years. From the rumor mill, I am hearing a production TRD SC version is right around the corner, however, with the nightmare the TRD SC made on the gen1 tC, I would only go with the BRZ version in STI trim, sporting a turbo. Some cars dont play well with S/C's, some do not play well with turbos. Every motor is different. Some handle both well, others, handle neither well.

Again, thanks for lowering the iq of this conversation with name calling. I am sure your just a young kid, so I wont sweat it.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-10-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OP : Sorry for derailing your thread, I will not post any more comments directed at someone who thinks the tC2 is better than a MS3, nor will I engage in any more back and forth banter with his name calling - thats not my style, nor will I be drug into a tard fight. When you roll around with a pig in mud, you get dirty, and the pig likes the mud anyways.

Enjoy the MS3. It is a great car, and one of the better FWD turbo cars made. I'd put it right up with the Focus ST - which I think is a great car as well. I also like the Golf R, but thats AWD. Not really a WRX fan, and prefer the evo X if your going for a AWD shootout - with the king being the GTR.

Congrats, are you going to mod it further? The mazda community is great (I love the O.G. RX7 and even like its little brother the RX-8 ) The MS3 could handle about another 30-40hp pretty easily (and cheap) and not increase the torque steer _too_ much more. Get your self a flash/tune, and full exhaust - and for under a grand (ok ok, maybe $1400) you'll have a pretty boss MS3.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-10-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome! You've resorted to name calling, to try and prove your bravado of the tC2. Scion tC= Entry level car, in the same price bracket as a kia koup GT or whatever, idiot. Good job "haggling" your awesome tC2. I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I have also owned a porsche (944 turbo S, which in the late 80's would slaughter the tC2 even today - and most likely give the low HP FRS a beating, with 20 year old tech). Early m3, 03 Cobra (S/C) , and many many other cars. the tC I bought, I bought in cash - when they were still cool because they were the new kid on the block. Now, in its 3rd refresh, the tC brings absolutely ZERO HP bump up. My old prelude (01 - now sold) would smash on it, and its 10 years old now... Even an accord would destroy your "sporty" tc2. Awesome.

Again, have you driven the MS3? I have, and its leaps and bounds ahead of the tC2 (well, if you like things like more power, better audio, better lighting, better seats, more storage, and 4 doors) . I will say this, the tC2 is a improvement over the gen1 tC, but thats not saying a whole lot. I would look at other items such as top speed, tuneability, handling, and out of the box ready complete package. You have 2 panoramic roofs. Awesome, for when your sitting in the back seat of your car. Awesome...

My tC was "built" way more than your tC2 would ever see and would most def walk away from your tC2 in a quarter, top speed, or any type of track event. My BRAKES and built trans, cost more than all your upgrades combined.

I realize this is a scion website, and I am not trolling (since you've resorted to name calling) , but apparently, you dont understand the fact of - more money, usually --- better car. Same goes with houses, women, and wine. Your going with the adage that "well because my bottle of wine was $5, vs your $50, and gets me just as intoxicated, that its the same thing, but better". Obviously, you have no palette for cars, either..

But, have at it with your tC2. You could always add a turbo, drop 5k and maybe chase down a bone stock MS3 one day. Until then enjoy your $18k car. (or less, because you "haggled it down"). Awesome!

Pretty simple, the guy bought a much better car, and your kind of hating, and saying how awesome your tC2 is. Did you think that big 20hp bump up makes your car a supercar?? I hate to say it, and as much as I defended the tc when I owned it (much like you) in the majority of the tuning communities, the tC is low dog on the totem pole. Again, its the same thing as that new kia koup.

Hell, the GTI, Focus ST, MS3, SI, Mustang v6, genesis, veloster turbo, Fiat abarth, Cooper S, and basically everything else, is a better car. And yes, I agree the STI is a better vehicle than your tC2. So we do agree on something. I would take the STI, or regular WRX, over a tC2 any day.

Do me a HUGE favor. Point out 5 sporty cars made today, that make less HP than your awesome tC2.

You'll understand when you actually have money, and want a "quick" car. Note: I did not say fast. Fast = vette, viper, GTR. Cobra, m5, LFA ect. I wouldnt waste money on a car like that, when my CBR1krr makes about 10hp less, than your awesome tC2 - and would lay waste to 99.99% of vehicles out there. You dont know what a fast vehicle is... trust me. Any time you want to come out of America Jr. (Canadia) - Hit me up, we can run the tC2 against a kia koup (Ill rent it, or buy it, and throw it away) and Ill put the same numbers your awesome tC2 is doing.

BTW here are the "specs" on the kia koup - you make a whopping 7 more HP - direct from motor trend :
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2013/...pecifications/
Youtube: 2013 Kia Forte Koup SX Test Drive & Car Video Review - YouTube

PLEASE WATCH THE youtube video- your tC2 class is - Kia Koup SX, REGULAR focus, and a EX civic. All in the sub 18-19k range, which, is cheap for a new car.

BTW: FRS/BRZ - I wouldnt own one (yet). I WILL be buying the STI version if it makes it to production, factory turbo'd. Until its what I would expect it to be, I wouldnt own one. I would rather (at the present time) have a CR s2000. I would rather have a mazdaspeed miata, than the present FRS if your just going off the motor specs and cheap HP tuneability.

I do have to add: I LOVE the looks of the "twins", the sheet metal is beautiful, and I love the low COG. It just needs more power, which it most certainly will get in the next few years. From the rumor mill, I am hearing a production TRD SC version is right around the corner, however, with the nightmare the TRD SC made on the gen1 tC, I would only go with the BRZ version in STI trim, sporting a turbo. Some cars dont play well with S/C's, some do not play well with turbos. Every motor is different. Some handle both well, others, handle neither well.

Again, thanks for lowering the iq of this conversation with name calling. I am sure your just a young kid, so I wont sweat it.
^I'm just gonna say you seem like a butt hurt moron
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can say is your ms3 is looking sharp man. Good luck with your new car.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I'm just gonna say you seem like a butt hurt moron
Back to name calling again, eh? Again, I thought Canadians were a little more respectful, but in your case I see that is the complete opposite. Ask yourself, what do I have to be butt hurt (and a moron?) about? About your less than stellar tC2? About my vehicle(s), because I own more than one, being much better than yours?

I was complimenting the guy on his new car, and than you go and pull a lambo to compare cars against? Again, your age shows through here in this conversation, and I'll be sure to drop the mods a line. I dont think this website was generated for you to disrespect people who are obviously older, and wiser than yourself.

Why do you think I dont like scion as a brand? Did I ever say that? I had a great time with my tC, and as stated earlier, I really like the FRS, sans the lack of horsepower. I still hang out with all my friends that have scions, and they sure are not as closed minded as you. Maybe its not your fault, and your parents are to blame for the lack of intelligence that you carry. Again, your posts clearly show that you are a young "fan boy" who is blinded by his "awesome" tC2.

Good luck with your car.. and your lambo's son. My tC (look it up on here if you care that much) was built WAY more than you "haggled" your tC2 for, (I had more in mods, than your car COST to buy). Mine was boosted, and made more HP and TQ than your "awesome" tC2 ever will.

OP: Sorry this guy still is stooping down to name calling. Your silver color choice was a great choice, and I think even better than you initially wanted

EDIT - PM'd Brock (HighVoltage) to see what his take on the user who compares lambo's to mazdaspeed3's is, and asked that the thread be cleaned up, and my posts can be deleted if you wish. I will voluntarily remove them - even though there were many valid points brought up against this guys "awesome" tC2/Kia Koup SX.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-10-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its all good torquetc!! Coming from a tC and test driving the tc2 twice I can say this car is a far better car. The stock handling is way better and like torque said the fit and finish is a lot better! they use better material and everything, hell the shift boot is high quality! I also didnt pay the msrp price of 27k so it actually came close to what a tC2 would be and thats with the tech package. Would have paid the same as a tC2 if I hadnt gotten the tech package.

I loved my tC while I had it but this car beats it in every single way except for maybe gas mileage and even then there isnt much of difference if Im driving normal! This is like the 3rd tC2 owner that has gotten mad because someone said the MS3 is a better car. This is why I am glad I am glad I am out of the scion world. But I have met some people that I will be friends with for a long time! Enjoy your tC2 and move on!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I just said I personally don't think it is WAAAAYYY better. Imo I don't think it is better but, I did say it was a nice car none the less.

Ps I think torquetc needs a tissue or a quarter so he can call someone who cares
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and that's a wrap.

locked.