Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Sorry, Boys, this vehicle will make the xD obselete in 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I'm 200lbs / 6'1, used to have the seat all the way back on the xD right until the 2-day class I spent on the track in the M-series beemers. Instructors spent some time teaching us how to position the seat and ever since I have couple of clicks left in the xD and xA seat. Took a day or so to get used to it, but now I can't be comfortable sitting too far from the steering wheel. I wish I could move the steering wheel closer, too.

And I still did not get a chance to drive a Fit with a manual tranny.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No offense, but no new car is needed to make the xD obselete.

The current Fit already outsells the xD 2to1.

-THE DON
Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm trying to understand why everyone is saying obsolete .BFD if the fit is out selling the D.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
I'm 200lbs / 6'1, used to have the seat all the way back on the xD right until the 2-day class I spent on the track in the M-series beemers. Instructors spent some time teaching us how to position the seat and ever since I have couple of clicks left in the xD and xA seat. Took a day or so to get used to it, but now I can't be comfortable sitting too far from the steering wheel. I wish I could move the steering wheel closer, too.

And I still did not get a chance to drive a Fit with a manual tranny.
Same here....See God thought it would be a fun kind of cruel joke to give me longer legs than the average person my height, but kept me from being a knuckle dragger at the same time, so the steering wheel feels like it's a mile away...Kind of annoying but I'm hoping that I can maybe get a different wheel and hub setup on there to lengthen it a bit.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the fit. i think it'll also be just as reliable if not more. just being honest. hondas are pretty great machines. if you say they're not, you're having the bias of a toyota/scion fanboy, and that negates your opinion. honda is a great company, and they know what they're doing, just like toyota.

i think the fit is nicer than the xD. i like the look of the stock fit, while i like the look of the heavily modified five-axis xD. my nod goes to the fit.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tested two fits prior to purchasing my xD. Personally I felt rather uncomfortable in the fit and I felt really unsafe. Both the manual and the sport auto with paddle shifters were far too underpowered for my taste. I choose the scion over the fit due to power issues. I understand neither of the two are race cars but the scion's gas mileage is still great and much more pleasureable to drive. I feel safer in it even though it is only 60 inches tall. and the steering wheel-seat-pedal comfort is much greater.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know there is going be haters everwhere on this but I believe Honda/Acura lost the thread to be a tuning car a long time ago. I used to be jealous of the late 80's thru Early 2000 hondas because parts were cheap, they could be easily tuned and they looked ok modded-not they look as bad as any of the worst designed cars being made by anybody-fords, chevys, etc.

I like Toyotas fine but the Prius is an ugly car-the new fit looks like a Prius that had a big air bubble inserted to make the roof taller and it's still just as ugly but without being as good or as world friendly.

Honda will sell a butt load because Honda has a loyal following but they are still ugly.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Prius - world friendly. ROFL.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:46 AM
SL Member

F those hondas man. They are over priced and the fit is tooooo slow. even with 116 hp the new xd anb xb blow it out of the water. Stick with scion. And if you must the xrs matrix and corolla are coming back in 08. Still waiting to see a new actual toyota sports car to come back. Like a rear drive celica or a new supra?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who is this "Woof" guy anyway i think you are on the wrong forum buddy. Thats a pretty harsh title to say to a bunch of people who own xD's. Besides i think it is seriously ugly, the xD is WAY hotter, I like the xD more then the mercedes a class buy a long shot too! And yeah the might as well make the entire front a big light.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

naw, big eyes are one thing... unibrows are just.. ugh... I had an old-school Grand Prix, so I know what I'm talking about - damn those headlights were ugly!!

Old 12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unibrow-that's funny

Didn't Honda realize anything with the failed civic from -what- 5 years ago?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

in 3 full pages i cant bleve nobody said the OBVIOUS reason as to wh thi fit still aint touching the xD in 2008. maybe it matters to metoo much but....116hp and a tea-spoon or maybe evena a FULL pocket full of torque in the fit at 27lbs HEAVIER is not going to appeal to anyone performance minded. the xD has hp AND torque in the 120's. whose scared of the fit?

btw the fit doesnt ever BEAT the xD cuz Toyota did not design Scion to battle for sales positions. to be honest. if u buy a scion your buying a limited run of cars. there are few made a year in comparison to MANY other companies. FEW sold, and they dont even tv advertise as much as honda. Toyota did not initially intend on even SEEING income from the scion brand. so that being said....i think the xD and Scion as a whole are fine.

not to mention hate the fit. those little electric car sized wheels vs the porky sized body make meliteraly angry lol. the xD is MUCH better styled and it has plenty more power. magazines have done heads up onthe xD and fit b4 and dount the xD of course torquier and plenty quick. the current fit does a squinch better in turns cuzza its weight but the xD makes it up quickly. so it comes down to.....F A FIT! rofl
Old 12-25-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
i like the fit. i think it'll also be just as reliable if not more. just being honest. hondas are pretty great machines. if you say they're not, you're having the bias of a toyota/scion fanboy, and that negates your opinion. honda is a great company, and they know what they're doing, just like toyota.
My mom drives a 2006 Honda CR-V. It's been plagued with problems since the day we bought it. When my mom was talking about trading in the family Sienna that has never had any problems in the 8 years we've owned it, she instructed us to look at Toyotas, giving Honda no regard at all.

With that experience in mind (and after dash-stroking both), I'd take an xD over a Fit. Sure, the rear seat is magical, but it feels like a bench, not a seat. The ergonomics are funky and while both interiors use hard plastics, Toyota put more style into the xD's interior, giving it a more pleasant appearance.

That said, the new Fit's interior reminds me of old GM interior: it looks like a bunch of different chunks of plastic melted together in a not-so-cohesive manner.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:52 PM
SL Member

like many others, I was also looking at the fit, but i wanted a car that was a bit larger.

funny...you can "fit" more stuff in the xD...
Old 12-25-2007, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Merry Christmas!

I started this thread because if they don't offer the 1.8L in the Yaris LB (my current ride) I will be looking at the xD and Fit. I was very pleased at the sophistication of the '09 Fit's design. It's very Euro, slick, packaged well. Someone said the Fit (ugly one) is already out-selling the xD 2:1. At that rate I can guarantee the current xD will have a short life. The front end of the xD does not match the rest of the body and why they deviated as much as they did is a mystery. The xD is an ugly dawg and requires adoptive love.

As for safety, it's commonly known that high-belt line cars "feel" safer that "greenhouse" cars. Several testers have noted how safe it feels in an xD and I noticed the same effect.

I've driven an xD twice and have been impressed that it handled a lot better than my LB w/rear sway but NOT as well as my xB1 w/rear sway. The xB1 handled very well and is nearly duplicated in the xB2.

So, the idea hit me that the '09 Fit may ge a good alternative to the xD.....if I wait and they decided not to put the 1.8L in the Yaris.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Originally Posted by woof
Someone said the Fit (ugly one) is already out-selling the xD 2:1. At that rate I can guarantee the current xD will have a short life.
wow i totally responded to this exact comment. SCION IS NOT TRYING TO OUTSELL! Scion provides a niche market to those who do not want to own the exact same cars as everyone else and supply quality cars at lower cost then your GENERAL entry level toyota (even tho they offer the Yaris now) the object is to get younger buyers latched onto toyota. but in no way is toyota trying to outsell. bleve me i've talked MANY times with many of the Yota Reps. NOT DEALERS, REPS! they dont spend money on NEARLY as much advertising and are not concerned with the Fit's sales. Honda is marketing to a wider demographic with the fit then toyota is with the xD. that right there should tell u that they are not all about quantity. the other thing that should tell u is....Go to any scion dealership and look around at how many xD's are ON the lot. then got to Honda and count the Fits Scion generally doesnt even allocate many scions to the lots. its a "sell what we gave u first" mentality. whereas honda will dump 15 cars then if they dont get sold when the next 15 show up the dealership has to hold a clearance to get them all out. u wont see that with Scion. for about the first 2 years the tC was out you couldnt even walk on a lot and leave with one. u had to wait 4-6 sumtimes 8 weeks to get one after u ORDERED it. and the tC could outsell the Civic any day being that it comes with MANY more luxuries, power, space, and snazzy xtras, then the civic. and at a lower price. knowing this they still manufactured them slow and sold them to order.

in closeing i say....Toyota knows what they are doing. and the xD is perfectly fine.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
SL Member

not bad
Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 AM

I hate the way the current Fit and the new Fit look, but the handling and refinement of the current model are without equal in the price class. Go ahead and read ANY car magazines test drive of the Fit and ANY car magazines test drive of the xD. I drove the Fit and the handling is ridiculously great. Sports-car like. And the shifter is something us Toyota owners could only dream of. The interior is way better too.

It's just a damn shame the made the outside so ____tarded looking. I had a huge smile on my face whipping the Fit around but it looks like a micro Honda Oddessey designed for teenage Japanese girls. Ugh.

I will never understand why Scion cannot make a car that handles and drives like that STOCK. I don't want to spend $2k on bullsh*t accessories to make my new car handle like it should. Sigh..

At least the xD looks cool though and you don't have to wait 6 months to test drive one. I guess...
Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 PM

I'm sure Japanese soccer moms will love that Honda, but for the more discerning consumer that is one ugly POS. Honda sure knows how to smack their cars around with the ugly stick these days. The Xd isn't much better, but at least you won't feel like a total tool driving around in it.

Quick Reply: Sorry, Boys, this vehicle will make the xD obselete in 2008