Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

t2b Unveiling Webcast

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But on the link it says 8 am est... not 830.. well at least when you click on video and do we have to be watching at 8??
Old 03-24-2005, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You would have to be watching at 7.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5 am here in the pacific..right?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member

Automobile.com has pics up!

Designed at Toyota's Calty Design Studio in Newport Beach, California, the t2b--for "Tall Two-Box"--concept takes everything Scion knows about being hip, cutting-edge, and cool and combines it in one package. The exterior design is partially attributed to senior designer Jin Kim, who was also responsible for the Toyota FJ Cruiser and Lexus LF-C concepts. Interesting details include a single, offset foglamp up front (it illuminates with the strength of two) and a correspondingly lonely reverse light on the rear, which sits directly opposite the exhaust pipe--a nice touch. Besides traditional lighting setups, the t2b also eschews B-pillars and door handles, opting instead for more 'edgy' modes of entry. Passenger-side access is achieved through a single power sliding door, while the driver's side doors--both of which open a full 180 degrees--are manually operated. (The driver's-side back door is suicide-style, furthering our theory that every modern concept must incorporate this design somewhere.) All doors are opened or unlatched via remote control.

Assaulting your senses with every known type of media, the Scion is a rolling entertainment center. An information display housed in the dash--it looks like Star Trek come to life--allows occupants to download music, games, or movies from the Internet. If you can't find the song or game you want on the Web, simply plug an mp3 player into the dash or a video game system into docking ports located in the cargo area and you're good to go. Movies and games are viewed on the rear window, which serves as a projection monitor that can be seen from inside or out.

In addition to the electronic gadgetry, the t2b boasts a surprisingly roomy cabin, an impression aided by the wraparound windshield and fixed moonroof panels, as well as the upside-down trapezoid shape of the interior. Cabin flourishes include specially contoured seats, zippered storage compartments (including one in the steering wheel), and a unique floor, where the carpet pokes through long, rubberized slots like perfectly manicured hedges in a row. The concept is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to a four-speed automatic and rides on twenty-inch polished aluminum wheels.

While the t2b's myriad gadgets ensure that no one mistakes it for anything more than a concept, we think the exterior provides a good hint at the styling direction of the next xB. Scion says the goal for the t2b was to "create a concept which would represent that your car is more than just a mode of transportation, it's a lifestyle." Well, if your lifestyle is based around the need to be constantly entertained, then the t2b might be for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy FSCK THAT IS AWESOME! If they cleaned up the back a little bit, it'd be nearly perfect! One thing I'm worried about is if they will be sacrificing a lot of the excellent visibility that the xB has in favor of the t2B. I don't want poor or scrunched headroom/visibility! Plus, I'd like to see it maintain the same gas mileage of the current xB if possible.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oops, I erased the other thread. Oh well, I'll keep it here:

More pics, thanks relic!

Old 03-24-2005, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now, for what I think....it's waay over the top, but it's a concept. Love the headlights, reminds me of the Audi Pikes Peak Concept
Old 03-24-2005, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's kinda tyte. i don't think the styling will appeal to enough people to be a successful production model thou. good thing it's just a concept, then, huh?

i like the sliding passenger door.

how did automobile.com get this info?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't wait to see the production version but it looks very promising.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bah, the webcast was lame...the t2B is just for design exercises...
lets see how they pull this into production...

quote from the web cast...
'Style of the xB, sophistication of the tC…'

(I didn’t know the tC was sophisticated…)
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so the webcast just ended. i have to say they have ALOT of good ideas going. the car itself is a little akward looking, but that's what everyone said about the ccb concept too and look how poplular the xb is now. i think it'll be a winner in 1-2 years when they finalize the design.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by icdedppl
so the webcast just ended. i have to say they have ALOT of good ideas going. the car itself is a little akward looking, but that's what everyone said about the ccb concept too and look how poplular the xb is now. i think it'll be a winner in 1-2 years when they finalize the design.
I hope they stay away from the Honda Element type suicide doors and just do the full sliding doors for it.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it was the ccx or thr bbx not ccb... granted it will change a great deal before it makes production...

but a built in overhead projector...come on, thats just silly...
the long slit sunroof is like the maxima...but times 2
2.4l motor from the tC...
all new frame/platform...

as someone else said.
asymetry on cars suck...
Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by icdedppl
I hope they stay away from the Honda Element type suicide doors and just do the full sliding doors for it.
it looks like it would be a B!#$@ to get in the back seat on the sliding door side...does not open far enough...
Old 03-24-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well we know it won't look like THAT when it's all said and done, and production begins. But I'll tell you what will go on the production car.

1. The "Maxima" style roof glass
2. The suicide doors
3. A bigger engine (but not the tC's)
4. iPod hook-ups and probably other power outlets
5. The overall body style (very toned down)

What won't make it:

1. Sliding doors
2. 20" wheels
3. tC engine
4. Bench seats

Just my thoughts...

-THE DON
Old 03-24-2005, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry all.. but that thing is ___. i was really hoping they were going to build something completely new.. like they did with the tC. this just looks like a shoddy upgrade of the xB. totally weak. we need something all-new!!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i personally dislike it alot.....the doors, are ___, the interior is just beyond odd, the recangle stearing wheel...why? the sliding door? i think these car designers need to stop making these concept cars so jacked up looking.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

That why its a concept to go out of the box to see what will be accepted by makers not so much consumers yet... then they go redesign it a little for production and consumers... anyways the wheel is one of the coolest things along with the interior.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude i am not feeling that car at all.... where the hell is the 4 door sedan I wanted... damn it!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by utatc7218
Dude i am not feeling that car at all.... where the hell is the 4 door sedan I wanted... damn it!!!
scres sedan , how about a rwd mini truck , or a small rwd coupe with style unlike the tC which copied nearly every car on earth.

Quick Reply: t2b Unveiling Webcast