Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Take Your FT and Shovel it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Take Your FT and Shovel it!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/26/r...er-considerat/

I don't care if this is rumor or not... I'm sick of being yanked around with this thing. Unless it is coming out next year and we get some ACTUAL news later this year about it, I'm done. I'm out. I'm looking elsewhere.

Then the question just becomes... what now?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea, I was just about to post this.
http://jalopnik.com/5548326/report-t...ayed-two-years

WTF.

I think I'm going to Subaru next...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i figured they'd keep pushing it back
Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

my tc is first and last toyota brand vehicle i'm owning.
For my everyday pleasure driving i'm most likely picking up 2007/08 Infiniti G35x. Toyota has been dissapointing me lately alot especially with not producing anything new out there, same models same most of the stuff.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol I'll have a different car by then. As long as they took to revamp the tC I didn't expect them to stay on track.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Lol I'll have a different car by then. As long as they took to revamp the tC I didn't expect them to stay on track.
If the new tC manages to make it into showrooms this year, I may stop by for a test drive - if anything out of pure curiosity... I just want to compare.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going to go see it tomorrow. I'm hoping the event location is outdoor and if it is, I'll stick around after it's over and see if I can get some side by side shots with my car.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a feeling this was going to happen considering they had no production shots of the car released even though the car is supposed to come up by next year..I don't think I've even seen the covered paneled car on the nurburgring (don't know if they actually posted it)

But to be honest..I never had my hopes up about this car..if I were to be in the market it's either Nissan, Subaru, Hyundai or Audi...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

at this point Toyota in general is losing their relevance on so many levels...way to implode guys
Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i thought FT is gonna be my next vehicle but after all this @#.. but i went ahead and got a 4x4 tacoma, more functional and could be fun too later on.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

I'm sure Toyota is rethinking ever new, Since their problems with the braking system. Checking everything over and over again. But if this car never comes out I would be fine with it. I don't think of Toyota as a young fun car company any more. The killed the Supra MR-2 and Celica. then give us the tC which is toyota answer to the civic coupe...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC was more of a celica replacement if anything..they killed cars like the supra and celica cause they were so ____ing expensive compared to other cars in that performance bracket and the mr2 just flat out wasn't selling. They are going to make decisions based on what the masses what, not what a few people on some forums are egging for.

If they brought out a new sports car that is reasonably priced it would probably help but even the FT was going to be priced pretty damn high for what it was. It would have to be amazing at what it was set out to do. Otherwise their are plenty of other established cars in that price range or within a few thousand of that price range...Gen coupe, WRX, 370z, evo X, camaro, mustang gt..I could go on and on..all of which are $25k-$35k, are either AWD or RWD and have already pretty much established themselves in this particular corner of the market.

Obviously this is all just my opinion but I definitely can see why this car is getting pushed back and may not even be released..I just can't see it being a smart business move on Toyota's part..if the car doesn't sell then they will just continue to lose money. I don't think people are willing to buy a performance car from a company that recently had such huge issues. They have to regain a majority of faith back from the consumers first IMO..

/rant
Old 06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

You folks whine, A LOT.

All I hear is blah blah blah, Toyota doesn;t take the steps that crappier car brands take(like new facelifts and revamps every 2-3 years vs Toyota's 5-7)

TRUST the Ford/GM facelifts are why they have been in the craphole for SOOO long
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The recent problems that Toyota has are nothing compared to their solid reputation for making reliable cars. The Corolla is still the best selling car in the world. Hmm...Ft-86, who cares. I rather buy a Nissan or a Subbie
Old 06-04-2010, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I can't believe anyone expected anything else. If Toyota had even released it within the next year, it would be a completely watered down, boring, over-priced econobox that just happens to be RWD.

Toyota is all about economical, reliable (Ha!), mass-produced vehicles. No where in their mission statement does a sporty, RWD coupe fit in. They have, without a doubt, the least interesting car line-up in the world.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
You folks whine, A LOT.
It's an internet forum. What do you expect?

All I hear is blah blah blah, Toyota doesn;t take the steps that crappier car brands take(like new facelifts and revamps every 2-3 years vs Toyota's 5-7)
But this isn't a facelift; this is a new car in a rapidly expanding market.

Ford can make an affordable RWD sports car. GM can make an affordable RWD sports car. Nissan can make an affordable RWD sports car. Even ____ing Hyundai can make an affordable RWD sports car. So why can't Toyota?! What is the hold-up?

And, at any rate, why would you want to make a sports car hybrid?

TRUST the Ford/GM facelifts are why they have been in the craphole for SOOO long
Facelifts have nothing to do with why American companies tanked. They tanked because nobody wanted their cars, not because they kept changing them.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

You folks whine, A LOT.

Like Scion?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Domo, CDogbert and Carbon..you guys all hit the nail on the head lol said what in two sentences what it took me to say in half a page
Old 06-05-2010, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You folks whine, A LOT.

Both companies tend to do those face lifts to their truck line while the car line pretty much stays the same for several years. BTW Ford has an excellent line up that can rival anything in the Toyota fleet.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by CDogbert

Facelifts have nothing to do with why American companies tanked. They tanked because nobody wanted their cars, not because they kept changing them.
yeah they do, whenever people didn;t buy their crappy cars they'd facelift/semi-update them to try and grab just a few minuscule new buyers. always digging deeper and deeper into a money pit to never re-coop their crappy car expenses in teh first place let alone the new molds and dies for the facelifted version

Quick Reply: Take Your FT and Shovel it!