Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Who says the RSX and TC can't get along?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that lip on that RSX is a I love both cars but if my parents had the money to get a RSX im sure id be posting on club-rsx.com.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The RSX owner is a good friend of mine and I happened to be at his house so I took a quick picture. We do not have any competitiveness against each other because we both love the individual characteristics that made us buy our cars.
I do agree his lip is slightly agressive but if you've ever taken a look at RSX bodykits, you'll notice there aren't too many that are not Fast & Furious.
On another note, Wings West or someone needs to release a lip kit for the TC!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah who said they couldn't get along??
my friends 05 jade green typeS and my sw tc
Old 07-01-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^thats a baller pic...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I had a kids gf throw a bagel out the window and almost hit my car - they were in a typeS and I was pushing my car as hard as it would go (spun way though 2nd) ...and I was right inback of him. Turned out I knew the kid and ran into him 3 weeks later .... I never saw the girl which I wish i would have cause I would liked to give her my 2cents. Anyway - I just wanted to say that he had his foot down on the gas and tried to lose me in a housing development. I turned off when I noticed that I was driving like a fool around where kids normally play but he could not lose me if I kept going. My tc handled just like his car but he had 50hp more then me. . . . I was happy to hear that he tried to lose me but couldnt. Anyway - its funny how quiet the kid got when I reminded him that he was the fool I was chasing that day (which I knew it was a young kid but had no clue it was this kids younger brother that lives in my town). Anyway - that acura and eat it ... if you threw the supercharger on my car that acura wouldnt be shiet.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get along with RSXs just fine. Almost bought one even. I think ya'll need to ditch those front license plates. they're ick.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont mind the rsx's. They are good competition to us tc owners . But yea same thing as everyone else i got a tc instead of ... because tc is new and i like the look and cheap and meant to be modded. Mrbridge i would love to run without my front license plate but unfortunately i live in VA and cops are very strict here and I would easily get pulled over
Old 07-01-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Yah both cars look good.. but I still think the tC looks ____ed cause its next to a Honda
Old 07-01-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man those tC's look like a bull dog or somethin...
Old 07-03-2005, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha the little pansy blanked out the license plates....

anyway, who are the morons who say the price difference is $6K ? rsx-s is $21.5K. tC with side airbags is $17.5, but you have to add leather and upgraded sound system which would be about $1000-$1500. So the remaining difference is only $2500 for which you get 50 more hp, 1.4 seconds faster 0-60, 6spd and like the pictures show - much better looks. Compare that to $3000 you'd need to spend for the tC supercharger which would not even match the RSX-S performance .
Old 07-03-2005, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by user1234

anyway, who are the morons who say the price difference is $6K ? rsx-s is $21.5K. tC with side airbags is $17.5, but you have to add leather and upgraded sound system which would be about $1000-$1500. So the remaining difference is only $2500 for which you get 50 more hp, 1.4 seconds faster 0-60, 6spd and like the pictures show - much better looks. Compare that to $3000 you'd need to spend for the tC supercharger which would not even match the RSX-S performance .
That's about the invoice price on the Type S, I doubt it's easy to get one for that cheap. The invoice on a base RSX is like $19k. Also, the Type S will require premium gas, and will cost A LOT more to insure.

Also, you can't just slap on features like leather and sound to the price. You can do this with any car and make it seem like the more expensive car is not really much more expensive. Hey, let's add premium sound, leather, supercharger, suspension and brake upgrades, revise the steering, and add navigation, and you're really about $2k below a Lexus! So, the tC thus must not be that much cheaper than a Lexus. That's not the right logic to follow...
Old 07-03-2005, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm waiting for the new 2006 civic si. It looks good - slightly bigger then rsx, and has 200hp. Only thing I don't understand is how do they intend to differentiate it from the rsx ? or maybe they will do what toyota has done letting the tC kill the celica.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Originally Posted by user1234

How can you say that the supercharged tC wouldn't even match the performance of an rsx-s when no one knows the performance of the supercharged tC? I found the rsx-s mostly around 24k at the lots in my area with dealer mark-ups etc... If you bought your rsx for 21.5k after licensing fees etc kudos.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The Acura's stock sound system does not compare to the tC's
Old 07-03-2005, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no I didn't buy for $21.5K but in online forums most people say they paid no more than a couple hundred bucks above invoice, for both rsx and rsx-s. This makes sense since rsx is a very slow selling car. Many people said they paid $21.5 for rsx-s.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend also paid 21.5k. Very slightly used '05 model with only 3k miles on it. Bought it end of summer last year.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I looked at the RSX when before I bought my tC. The guy at the Acura dealer went sour when I told him I was looking at tC's. He tried to feed me a bull line about how the wait time for the tC was so long because of "quality issues" scion was having.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha nice ---^
Old 08-31-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I LOOOOOOOOOVE my RSX. It is a very nice car.

However, I also stated on ClubRSX.com that this will probably be my last Honda/Acura that I buy. (it was also my first) At least for a long while or I get a heck of a bargain.

I had a paint issue I took up with Acura. They pulled out every excuse they could dream up as to what outside source caused it. I won't get into detail, but they did repaint one part of the car. Probaby the worst of the two parts.
I asked to speak to the factory rep, or forward my emails to him. I never heard a word. I doubt they even contacted the rep.
I called the "hotline" for when you can't resolve it at a dealer, I was told "Acura doesn't have paint problems". I heard that a lot during that whole ordeal. Nice excuse huh?
They also more or less laughed at me.

So, the remaining defect is really not that bad and I can live with it. It was just that I know what it was, and what it was not caused by.

So above everything else... being denyed or not, it's the WAY they handled it that I'm saying I'll never buy another. I love this one... but tough. They're not the only good act in town.
I'll drive this one 'till she wears out and then it's over.

Z
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSX owners dont bother hating on tCs. our cars are comparable to civics in their mind.
00-04 Celica owners hate on tCs like no other. the stuff said on Honda-tech and ClubRSX is nothing compared to the trash talk on NewCelica and EverythingCelica.

Quick Reply: Who says the RSX and TC can't get along?