Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...
View Poll Results: AND THE WINNER IS..................
turbocharged GTI
73.33%
supercharged TC
26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Scion tC vs 2008 GTI..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by hYe_TiiL_ii_DyE
Other than that we'll all end up making each other's "mistakes" one day, so I'm going to say that w/e he did was w/e he did. Oh and don't pretend like you've never sped
x2
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I use to have one of those yo-yos that light up-can't remember what they are called though.....duncan....
Old 07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc-guy
everyone with me now.......WOOOOOOSSSSAAAAHHHH!

tc4u2nv.....u only made 187hp with ur stock s/c? i made 198hp with mine stock.(to the wheels) i wonder why that is.
I'm not sure, did you have your bypass vlv upgraded when you dynoed the car, if you did your boost might have been higher than mine, also ambient conditions, did you dyno in the winter or summer? I haven't heard of an 05-06 s/c tc dyno that close to 200whp, got a dyno sheet, just to compare to mine.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Everyone who said GTI hands down....sucks at driving

< Could make it a drivers race with a S/C'ed tC vs a stock GTI

< Don't have to every worry about racing a TRD tC though, cause I'm turboed.

v Sucks if you think a GTI is hands down faster

PS....There is no option for Driver's Race? Cause that's what it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by 1HOVAFAN
I was driving the other day and a dude in a new gti was rite on my butt. He was getting on my nerves so i thought id downshift and leave him in the dust. Lets just say it didnt go exactly as planned.
Those graphics must have given you 40 hp, because your power mods only put you at 150-160whp.

It say's he is S/C'ed with a 9.5 PSI pulley. Where you get 150-160whp from, or am I missing something?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Originally Posted by 1HOVAFAN
^^ How long ago was that over stock boy... I get my car made fun of because i said somthing about downshifting and im not gonna get ____ed? Damn ur on these dudes nutz... You dont know me and you dont make any sense when you talk.. and depending on the drivers its possible the tc could win. so let it go, i did. so why dont you ^ Relax
Obviously you didnt let it go, or you wouldnt have responded. so relax!!!

And you claim to not street race, but you had a GTI on your butt, you downshifted and tried to leave him. THATS RACING!!! TWO CARS WITH ONE TRYING TO OUT ACCELERATE THE OTHER IS RACING!!! SO yes, you are a street racer!!

Street Racing.....what's that Do you like pick up the streets and race with them? Hmm...guess it would come down to who had the best bulldozer..
Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Whether you want to believe it or not, you condoned in street racing, something that is heavily frowned upon on these boards. Something that is giving Scions a bad reputation. It's because of people like you, who feel the need to flaunt your 160hp of FWD 4CYL fury. I personally feel that it is reasonable to make fun of your vehicle, if you're going to take part in making a community look bad.

I guess I've been making Scions look bad for about 3-4 years now.... Oh well...must not be to bad if people bought their cars specifically because the saw what mine does. You guys crackin me up in this thread.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
ok tc4u2nv i would not have tried to downshift to get away from a gti i woulda moved over. if your in the fast lane and going slower than people behind you thats wat you do. i am sorry but everyone else on this forum would not have done wat 1hova did. Sorry but your misinformed there both of you.

How do you dictate what other people's (miles away from you, whome you have never met, and only talk to on a computer screen) driving habits are.

My fiance would have break checked him (cause she has road rage...lol). Me, it just depends on how I felt that day on what I would have done.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^ Everyone who said GTI hands down....sucks at driving

< Could make it a drivers race with a S/C'ed tC vs a stock GTI

< Don't have to every worry about racing a TRD tC though, cause I'm turboed.

v Sucks if you think a GTI is hands down faster

PS....There is no option for Driver's Race? Cause that's what it is.
I agree with rhythm, its a driver's race, with a slight edge to the GTI due to the better geared tranny

here it is, I found it, my car was all stock except for the s/c and his didn't sound like it had anything special so ill say it was stock. Its at the track so can't complain about street racing.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whether you want to believe it or not, you condoned in street racing, something that is heavily frowned upon on these boards. Something that is giving Scions a bad reputation. It's because of people like you, who feel the need to flaunt your 160hp of FWD 4CYL fury. I personally feel that it is reasonable to make fun of your vehicle, if you're going to take part in making a community look bad.

I guess I've been making Scions look bad for about 3-4 years now.... Oh well...must not be to bad if people bought their cars specifically because the saw what mine does. You guys crackin me up in this thread.
LOL this is like the Salem witchhunt, hunt down and hang everyone who street races.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv

LOL this is like the Salem witchhunt, hunt down and hang everyone who street races.

Yeah, cause to my knowledge, I have the first documented (i.e. video taped) street races with a Scion tC, that date back to what 2006, can't remember... And to be completely honest with everyone.....

Raced a Jackson racing S/C'ed Civic Hatchback (old body style like 89 model or something) @ 7 PSI yesterday. It was a massacare. Even my boy Nick's N/A'ed tC pulled on it. He has full bolt-on's minus a crank pulley.

.....I don't have a flame suit to put on, because I was born with fire proof skin.....
Old 07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, cause to my knowledge, I have the first documented (i.e. video taped) street races with a Scion tC, that date back to what 2006, can't remember... And to be completely honest with everyone.....

Raced a Jackson racing S/C'ed Civic Hatchback (old body style like 89 model or something) @ 7 PSI yesterday. It was a massacare. Even my boy Nick's N/A'ed tC pulled on it. He has full bolt-on's minus a crank pulley.

.....I don't have a flame suit to put on, because I was born with fire proof skin..... :rofl:
I damn near spit my Gatorade nutrition drink all over my keyboard!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

.....I don't have a flame suit to put on, because I was born with fire proof skin..... :rofl:
I damn near spit my Gatorade nutrition drink all over my keyboard!

I think it's sig worthy....
Old 07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Figures travis would join this nonsense. Im done with this BS. Apparently somoene knows how all us TC owners drive. And I will change my comment there travis to majority so you people who cant figure what i ment to say on your own dotn get butt hurt.

Nick well said. Again sorry to see ya go but at least we will hear from ya once and awhile.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh one more thing the majority of states 1mph over is not illegal. Its usually anything over 5mph that is. The most they can usually do is give you a warning but no ticket for less than 5mph over the speed limit.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Figures travis would join this nonsense. Im done with this BS. Apparently somoene knows how all us TC owners drive. And I will change my comment there travis to majority so you people who cant figure what i ment to say on your own dotn get butt hurt.

Nick well said. Again sorry to see ya go but at least we will hear from ya once and awhile.

LOL......I just wanted to kick some dirt around and ruffle some feathers a little.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL......I just wanted to kick some dirt around and ruffle some feathers a little.

As always your on your game for that LOL.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn.. 5 pages.. I sure know how to get the party started.lol Good looking Travis. I think this is definitely over now.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ what!?!?!over!?!?! the party is just beginning!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

As always your on your game for that LOL.

No harm no foul, just making fun of all the "seriousness". I'm in a fun mood right now...lol

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion tC vs 2008 GTI..