Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

ever had those sore losers that....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:19 AM

Default ever had those sore losers that....

I was recently in a race with 2 evos and a STI down one of our main avenues here in Az and i kinda butted in but its a street race and its a all challengers welcome kinda thing for those of you that street race you know how it is. Well the road was only 3 lanes wide and i was behind one of the Evos and the ___ had a small flamethrower kit on his car and he reved on the other evo and sti and they reved back, well yeah flamethrower kits produce flame on a rev and this guy must not have known that! Well the flame shot out and kissed my car! I wasnt originally gonna get in on this action but after that well it was gloves off! I didnt rev cause i didnt want them to think i was in on it! Well light was green and the all wheels be the faster off the line they took off! I took off right after the dude and flipped the highbeams on so he could see me comin and well there i was on his ___ end and he was lookin at me and flippin me off. The evo next to him must have grabbed another gear cause there was room for me next to my adversary and so i took it! The guy started yelling at me and stuff so i gave him the one finger salute down shifted and took off! Caught up to the other evo and the sti and just did a whats up and hit the gas and was gone! Well they turned off at the next exit but the other guy was ____ED! He pulled up to me at the next light and i rolled my window down and told him that was for the nice little burn mark i new was on my front bumper from his flame. Guy started yelling at me and the light turned green and i took off and he was there for a few and then i was gone again! Then the guy being a sore loser tried to run me off the road! WTF!! Like seriously? Its a race! So you lost to a FWD car it was bound to happen sooner or later! I booked it out of there after that! But has anyone else run into that sort of thing or is it just the ppl here in Az that are that dumb?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

hmm, so what are you running under the hood? even boosted, it would be hard take those cars from a dig....unless they don't know how to drive....
Old 08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ yup, what do you have in your car?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
hmm, so what are you running under the hood? even boosted, it would be hard take those cars from a dig....unless they don't know how to drive....
x2
Old 08-06-2007, 08:58 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

And we wonder why people die in car accidents?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah, was gonna say....why would you get in on the race knowing full well that you could end up killing someone along the way.....i believe that its all reciprocal....if you're gonna race dangerously, one day when you could be an innocent victum of it.....i mean don't get me wrong, i like to go fast, and i like to show people how fast my car can be (no boosted tC anymore, now have a Z).....but getting trying to piggy back on a street race is just asking for trouble.....also if you are "pulling" on them, and passing them with ease, you better e pushing some serious power....cause right off the launch, you should be gone.....and had having a boosted tC, i know its hard to get full traction in 1st and 2nd.....you definetly can't floor it....
Old 08-07-2007, 05:51 AM

ScionSpeed stage III turbo kit
T04E/T3 50 Trim .46 Turbine turbocharger
Large front mount intercooler 12"x30"x3"
R/C Engineering 550cc Injectors
Turbo Smart 38mm Wastegate
Turbo Smart supersonic BOV
Plug and Play Harness
Greddy E-manage ECU
3" air intake system with K&N Filter
2.5" Stainless steel Down Pipe w/ High Flow Catalytic converter
Stainless steel header style manifold
, Quaife LSD,
Pulleys,
Scion Speed Exhaust system which actually has 3 mufflers, short throw,
Fidanza flywheel,
Spec Stage 3 clutch,
its ported and polished,
forged pistons,
Direct port Cold fuzion Nitrous kit,
tein coil over kit,
strut tower bar,
anti sway bar,
Stop tech 4 piston brakes,
Just got Toyo Proxes R888's,
The car is also fully caged for added safety. Track rules require it out here.
My buddy who works at dyno comp tuned the car and it was hitting low 400's in whp consistently(nos was added later).
Also i do understand that it is dangerous and i would never race in traffic like you see these stupid kids doing. I went to Bondurant school for high performance driving so i know how to handle my car. It was at 2 in the morning and we were the only ones on the road. And i wouldnt have normally have been so ____ed but the car just got out of the paint shop were i dumped a couple grand into the paint job!! And none of you can tell me you wouldnt have been ____ed either! And i have fallen victim to a street race accident already because they didnt know what they were doing. So i can fully understand some of you saying you now know why ppl die. Because of stupidity and inexperience and sometimes just bad driving. And also like i said it wasnt my intention to "piggy back" on the race, if the guy hadnt been stupid and thought he was cool because he had a flamethrower kit and shot flame at my car! I mean how do you not know there is a car behind you! Christ i have projector beams how can you miss those!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats alot....
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 AM

lol yeah it is. it costs a pretty penny but when i take it to the track and tear up the domestic boys and see the looks on their faces its worth it. And for the record actuall street races i have participated in can be counted on both hands. so its not like im going out every night and doing that ____. its the every now and then this guy pulls up and revs, that kinda thing.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

What times have you ran? With and without nitrous...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 AM

w/o i normally run 12's. w/nos its 11's. its already pretty quick when i hit the nos the front end sometimes goes squirely so i normally dont spray that often plus it shortens engine life
Old 08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
SL Member

its not just arizona that has a-holes like that, vegas is like that all the time, same with CA, its just the car scene now-a-days, got a lot of sore losers... over here we run into those a-hole, sore losers time and time again

anyway, i dont play on the street, maybe late at night when no one is around, but it is vegas, and there are people awake and on the road 24/7, plus drunks, but some of the vegas forums/vegas car scene have a-holes that know they lost, whether it be street or track, drag, track days, autox etc. they cant accept the fact that they lost, nor back up their claim with proof about winning against a car that not most would win against

sometimes when it comes to those types of races, it might be the driver himself, he may have lots of power under that hood, but if he cant control/drive the vehicle then that power is worthless

oh yeah i would be pretty darn ____ed off too, being that you just spent tons of $$$ on a paint job for someone to ruin, thats pretty disrespectful

however, to answer your question, yeah we encounter those type of people here everyday, the best thing in my opinion to do is leave it be. let that other guy be ____ed, he's only making things worse by being mad, as long as he doesnt do anything else to your ride, just leave him to cry about losing to car that he thought he shouldnt be losing to in the first place
yes, evos have very good high end power, but to be honest they were made for cornering, thats why they were used a while back as rally cars, and trust me ive seen them do a lot better in corners (like at autox and track) compared to drag. ive gotten my a-- handed to me by evos and sti's at both drag (my car is not built for drag possibly the reason why i cant keep up in a straight line) and autox. civics have also beaten me at autox. drag is more car than driver, track is kinda a balance of both worlds and autox is more driver than car, that my opinion though, others may think otherwise
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SmashingEvos
w/o i normally run 12's. w/nos its 11's. its already pretty quick when i hit the nos the front end sometimes goes squirely so i normally dont spray that often plus it shortens engine life
stay tuned for 11's w/o nitous, once i get my clutch
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is such an awesome set up
Old 08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Cool SmashingEvo's. Do you have pics of your car? I have never seen it, nice times.

LOL...at Flame thrower kit.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Cool SmashingEvo's. Do you have pics of your car? I have never seen it, nice times.

you wouldnt like it. its scion speed.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Are you sure the flame wasn't after fire due to him running a bit rich? or maybe he was using a launch control system. I highly doubt anyone wtih an evo is stupid enough to invest in something as stupid as a flame thrower.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

It's turboed and running 12's/11's. It's alright in my book...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
Are you sure the flame wasn't after fire due to him running a bit rich? or maybe he was using a launch control system. I highly doubt anyone wtih an evo is stupid enough to invest in something as stupid as a flame thrower.

Never know...
Old 08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

It's turboed and running 12's/11's. It's alright in my book...
allegedly. no slip or vids posted.

Quick Reply: ever had those sore losers that....