5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fall 08 Time Attack ext view, may be different in the spring

[img][/img]
Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good, hopefully see you at some events next year!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks sick!

Are you planning on making it to any east coast TT events?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I will run mostly at my home track, Miller in Utah, hard to get away as I run my own internet business by myself.

I will run some West Coast events but not likely I can go to the East but sure would love to!

I have a daughter in Boston now and a son moving there, both for school, so I may end up moving there as well in another year or two.

Rick
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa, that's cool!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This what I would love to run, 18x10.5 Enkei NTO-3 wheels and 305mm race tires on the tC like I had on my highly modded but stock looking Forester XT (only thing stock was the block and heads, everything else under the car, including sub frames, except the factory fuel line was custom, race, STI or better)

I shocked a lot of people on the race track and autocross courses

[/img]
Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Now that is some meat. To bad you won't be at the east coast events. I plan on running the TA Street class, and was hoping to see you run in person. Try to get some vids if you can when you do run though. Would love to see the beast get down.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Car looks great Rick.

Let me know if you ever need a tire warmer, I'll be on the first plane to Utah.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks

I have been getting quite a few requests for Tire Warmer duty for some reason!

I may be well covered in that area but you are welcome to come out to a race, have a place to stay, etc, every serious tC racer (solo, TT, drift, road race, etc, always welcome

I love my house and shop(need more room now though in the shop) but 70 miles from the track, I may move to around 5 miles away and build a much larger shop next year, either that or I start renting a garage at the track, setup at partial shop, lift, cot to sleep on when to tired to drive home, etc.....

On another note:

I am looking hard at body kits for better air into the front end, wider tires, etc and leaning towards the Obsidian kit so I can run 305 tires, or even 315s up front. Anybody seen one one in person? It does not have to be perfect, just really decent as this is a race car and not a trailer queen.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What size are you running right now?

I know the last time I saw Rado's time attack tC with his widebody kit it had 295s.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right now R888 in 265 width. I may run a staggered setup with wider in the front but at least 265 in the rear

I thought Rado was running 305 or even 315's, maybe I was wrong, would be the first time I was wrong my whole life, right;)

Rick
Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got to talk to him and his crew when they were at MidO two years ago and he was running 295s then, but he could very well be running something bigger now.

You are probably on the right track with the staggered setup. With those sizes I'd think the rears would take forever to get up to temp.

Sounds like you have some Testing and Tuning in your future. When you get the skid pad rented out just give me a call and I'll be out to help.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
Right now R888 in 265 width. I may run a staggered setup with wider in the front but at least 265 in the rear

I thought Rado was running 305 or even 315's, maybe I was wrong, would be the first time I was wrong my whole life, right;)

Rick

Yeah, Rado is either 285 or 295, but not 300+ width.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then I want to have bigger tires than he does

Actually bigger is not always better if you add up the other issues, weight, stress on bearings, drive train, drag, etc.........

With a bit more effort I can fit 275's but would have more work to do to fit 285 under the stock fenders, like Ptuning has done.

265's have a ton of cornering grip, I am just worried about corner exit with the kind of power I am going to be running

I take it you have seen my turbo built thread

I just now finished the down pipe, exhaust, WG tube, 02 bungs (3) hangers, etc....... All ready to get TIG welded tomorrow

Now I just have to make some mounts for the IC, lower mounts for the radiator, IC piping (pretty easy), then the turbo kit is done

Jonathan, if things work out, you just might get a chance to drive it sometime, really;)
Old 12-21-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is another project I am working on.

02 Z06 converting to a hatch as much more aero dynamic. It was a T1 race car but I did not like the cage so cut it out and building a new one. Then I really went nuts and had a C5 World Challenge body built for it ($15k, ouch!!!!) I have so much money tied up in this car I am afraid to finish and drive it, the TC is enough for me it seems

Nice brakes eh, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear, Stoptechs.

I have decided to sell off a few really expensive parts and build it as simpler car then sell, trade, maybe drive it a bit then sell it, etc....having so much fun with the tC I just do not really need a Vette!

[/img]
Old 12-21-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just realized there is no lift in this picture, I bought it in Dec last year, installed it in Feb so this must be Jan or early Feb.

A bit hard to see but that is a Moton coilover hanging down in the rear of the car, more ouch$$$$$$.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I saw the turbo build thread. Ptuning was running the 255 wide R888's and would still spin the tires even with the LSD. They run 285's now, and was spinning on the dyno after turning the boost up even more. Man we have a good bit of tQ in these 4cly. I'm planning on running in the street class on some 18x9 Rota GF Force (originally wanted RPF1's, but they didn't come that wide), and some Toyo R1R tires in a 255 wide configuration. I think 12lbs is good for me in the Street class. Anything over that and I will be going slower due to traction loss.

On 12lbs, it hauls ****, so....should make a good showing. And with the new wheels/tires and LSD, be good in the corners too.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have torques in 18x9.5, they are listed on tiredude.com right now In fact they gave me a sponsorship deal on the price

You could run 265s on 9's just fine but it would take some effort to make them fit, just like it did on 9.5's

Call John Berget (jbracingtires.com) and tell him Rick McCallum sent you, he will hook you up on a killer deal on race team takes offs;)

I still have a Phantom Grip LSD, they made if for me back in 05 as nobody else had an LSD for our transaxle. It works quite well really, very linear, not sure it can handle big power and tires yet so will have a standby tranny with the TRD unit for next season.

Having a wide power band is far more usable than peak power, something few seam to realized, if 12PSI is tractable and fast enough for your needs then that is all you need.

I want more boost, more power, because my primary track is MMP, I can use it there very well.

Looking forward to hearing about your racing next season buddy!

Rick

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Yeah, I saw the turbo build thread. Ptuning was running the 255 wide R888's and would still spin the tires even with the LSD. They run 285's now, and was spinning on the dyno after turning the boost up even more. Man we have a good bit of tQ in these 4cly. I'm planning on running in the street class on some 18x9 Rota GF Force (originally wanted RPF1's, but they didn't come that wide), and some Toyo R1R tires in a 255 wide configuration. I think 12lbs is good for me in the Street class. Anything over that and I will be going slower due to traction loss.

On 12lbs, it hauls ****, so....should make a good showing. And with the new wheels/tires and LSD, be good in the corners too.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
I have torques in 18x9.5, they are listed on tiredude.com right now In fact they gave me a sponsorship deal on the price

You could run 265s on 9's just fine but it would take some effort to make them fit, just like it did on 9.5's

Call John Berget (jbracingtires.com) and tell him Rick McCallum sent you, he will hook you up on a killer deal on race team takes offs;)

I still have a Phantom Grip LSD, they made if for me back in 05 as nobody else had an LSD for our transaxle. It works quite well really, very linear, not sure it can handle big power and tires yet so will have a standby tranny with the TRD unit for next season.

Having a wide power band is far more usable than peak power, something few seam to realized, if 12PSI is tractable and fast enough for your needs then that is all you need.

I want more boost, more power, because my primary track is MMP, I can use it there very well.

Looking forward to hearing about your racing next season buddy!

Rick

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Thanks Rick. For the street class, you are limited to a 255 wide tire being the widest you can run. So, the 18x9 Rota G Foce wheels will do good for me. I have carbon fiber front fenders that are OEM style. I am either going to have to trim another inch off the fender, or perhaps sell them and get the Carbon Fiber fenders that are 10mm wider than stock. I might go with those, they have a slit in them going down the back side of the fender, but I'm more partial to OEM style. Wish they made OEM style CF fenders with 10mm wider arches...oh well. And the TRD LSD should arrive here Tuesday for me, according to Fedex.

Also the other limitation in the street class is that you can't run any tires that have a UTQG lower than 140. So, that was the other reason I concluded that anything over 12lbs of boost would be overkill for the street class tire specs. If I have the grip, then I will try a little more boost. Ptuning was running 14lb when they came here to Nashville, and at 14, Ross was burning up the R888's on some instances. So, I think 12 should suffice. We shall see.

On another note.....You think you can get more pics of your beast. Would like to see the inside too.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea I was thinking of trying those R1R's myself, next season modified class will be super competitive so im retiring my R-comps to auto-x only. I am satisfied with my Falkin rt-615's though. Eventually i will go with a wider tire, but for now im sticking with my 15's and sizes are really limited. 205's it is lol. I need more power really.

Quick Reply: Fall 08 Time Attack ext view, may be different in the spring