Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default The Moment you have been waiting for....**Vid Inside**

Ok, there have been countless threads started and end up in a heated argument, and eventually getting locked. The topic in question is the dreaded....06 Civic SI vs. Scion TC.

Well, I raced one, and I HAVE IT ON VIDEO! Well, sorta have it on vid. My vid is 95% pitch black (due to having 20% window tint, and trying to film video with a digital camera). I Knew I would loose, but I wanted to see by how much. My goal was to at least beat him 0-60, to which I did. After 60, is when the Si started to creep me. At 100, I was about 1 car behind. I think that with just a full exhaust, crank pulley, and possibly a Header, you should either stay with it after 60, or walk a stock 06 Si.

I Apologize in advance of the lack of visibility. But there is enough for you to know what the outcome is.

06 Scion tC with ZPI S-pipe and ZPI exhaust w/Blitz Nur Spec Muffler Driver and 1 Passenger

VS.

Stock 06 Si. Driver only.

The Camera car is the tC.

Click here to watch 2006-Si-vs-2006-tC

And my final analysis is this. 0-60 between the 06 Si, and an 06 tC....IS PURELY A DRIVERS RACE! The tC stock traps in the 1/4 mile around 85-88mph. At 80mph the 06 Si was only 1/2......YES...1/2 a car length in front of me. I say I did pretty darn good for being down 30hp. And every time we started from 0, I got the jump each time due to the nice low end of the tC. IN CONCLUSION.....A tC with a S/C ONLY would murder a Stock 06 Si, despite some peoples/magazines reports trying to say that both of them are a tie. I find it very hard to believe that the 06 Si is the same as a S/C tC. If that's the case, then I feel sorry for the S/C guys who spent 3g's only to be that much faster than a tC with a Full exhaust + S-Pipe.

So, let the debate begin...

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.....DON'T GET THIS THREAD LOCKED!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:22 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm.. my only comment is one you already mentioned... it's really DARK... results were kinda what i expected.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look below
Old 03-26-2006, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad...sux i have an auto though, i prolly would be killed, unless i could shift myself 1>2>3>D...i have done that alot, i have raced alot of people, organized races, so it was "safe"... i will step on the gas and brake, and let off the brake and take the car up to 5k, let off gas shift to 2, step on it, take it to 6k, let off gas, shift to 3, take up to 6k, let off gas, shift to D take it to however much it takes till race is over. this usually works good, cuz i have beat a manual tC with a CAI.

so i think i do pretty good
Old 03-26-2006, 09:34 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^err.. i don't think you really need to let off the gas to "shift" the automatic.... once you shift it up.. it'll allow the computer to shift on it's own...
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont wanna take chances haha, i prolly could just shift up but i havent really tried yet
Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

err... that's what i did before (on old car).... the computer knows when to shift..

but from what i've read and heard.... it's just better to have it in D and floor it. the computer will (in my experience) for sure come close to redline in 1st, and then really high in 2nd... and so on..
Old 03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well hopefully on the SE triathalon i can do two runs on the 1/8th mile...if so ill run with D, and the other with my method.i will be taking off my muffler that day though
Old 03-26-2006, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just raced an 06 Si 5spd in my auto and it was about the same as the video.

All i did was floor it. With my car being bone stock, i thought it did pretty good against a manual w/30 or so more horses.

Kudos to Autos!!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

u should have ran the Si without a passenger , u would be surprised what that extra weight can go in such a close race .
Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

nice. civic sis are pretty quick too

the 2003 honda accord coupe ex v-6 is pretty fast, you think you can take those on?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think that it is a drivers race too, just cause of the tq. difference, i still cant wait to get the s/c i think your right that a s/c tc would own a si, just my thoughts, oh about the accaord, its a v-6 im not saying its possible, but depending on the weight, its improbable. Please dont flame me, its just what i think, i really havent looked into the accord.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotaracer9
u should have ran the Si without a passenger , u would be surprised what that extra weight can go in such a close race .

I didn't have the chance too. The camera guy was my g/f little brother, so I couldn't have him missing out. We both were proud of the tC for being able to hang, when she is only equipped with S-pipe and exhaust.

PS...This is the ONLY Si I have ever lost too. We have won against previous models. And even in the new model, 0-60 we win (It would be even more drastic if I was running without a passenger). But after 60 is when the TQ falls off, and the HP takes over....which we are down 30 or so HP.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by lukkytoodye
i think that it is a drivers race too, just cause of the tq. difference, i still cant wait to get the s/c i think your right that a s/c tc would own a si, just my thoughts, oh about the accaord, its a v-6 im not saying its possible, but depending on the weight, its improbable. Please dont flame me, its just what i think, i really havent looked into the accord.

I've seen a tC take on the v6 accord. Granted it was only like a 1/8th track distance, but the tC came out on top. The weight difference I think is a bigger factor in that race.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've raced a 98 V6 accord, auto vs. auto and neither one of us was able to pull any lengths.

Si doesn't impress me, its still a civic in my eyes.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only Hondas/Acuras to outrun me have been LS Vtec hatches/RSX Type S and lightened out hatches with motor swaps.

Other than that I have not raced an 06' Si myself yet.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol

I find it very hard to believe that the 06 Si is the same as a S/C tC. If that's the case, then I feel sorry for the S/C guys who spent 3g's only to be that much faster than a tC with a Full exhaust + S-Pipe.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

nice race man. glad to see you FINALLY got to do it, after all this time of wanting. just too bad the vids so dark.

oh yea when you gettin FI again?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
nice race man. glad to see you FINALLY got to do it, after all this time of wanting. just too bad the vids so dark.

oh yea when you gettin FI again?

in 2 maybe 2 1/2 weeks the car will be going under the automotive knife. My expectations are to have around 230whp at minimum. Anything over that will be sweet.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

sounds sweet man
cant wait to see some of those pics with your engine bay, a turbo and some RHYTHMNSMOKE/WESMOKEGUYS water marks hehe

Quick Reply: The Moment you have been waiting for....**Vid Inside**