Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Mustang v. TC

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"It is not just yourself that you must worry about on the road, but all other drivers as well. This would encompass the law abiding citizens driving 55 that you will slam into while you are flying down the road. "

(Gasp) You're RIGHT!!! I never thought of that ! Wait....what is that third pedal for...dont tell me...ones the gas...ones the clutch....now I think the other one is the... BRAKE! Yeah thats it the brake it slows you down when your about to slam into law abiding citizens. ( a very useful invention)
Your arguement is specious in that you purport that every one is doing 55 and here comes little old me doing 85 and like a stray bullet, BAM, the poor legal driver is dead. (woe is him, woe is him) Have ya driven on an interstate at all in your life??? Do you know what speed the average driver is doing on said interstate? Does your medication make you silly or hallucinate? Or this this your normal ridiculously pompous attitude? And you have to ask why I assumed your young and dumb?
Let me also make another assumption. You have been pulled over and written how many tickets? Or was it DWI? (Has to be a reason for all this bitterness toward the police.)
Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I guess I was writing this last one while you were writing your apology. So lets bury the hatchet (just not in my head) I'll try not to speed as much, for the childrens sake.(WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!) This was fun but now I have to get ready to go to work and write some more speeding tickets C-YA
P.S. I'm sure you're cool too...after all you're from NY right?
Old 05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Poor excuse

My friend,

So fast you become hostile. I guess they teach that in the academy. I have been pulled over and ticketed twice in 15 years. Neither of which was in the last 14 years. Point being that I learned my lesson. The posted speed limit is also meant to be the legal speed limit.

I would infer from your remarks that if I was travelling with the speed of traffic on an interstate that I would be speeding. It's wonderful that an officer just assumes that everyone breaks the law. I guess that's why we really do need to rely on the fact the everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Now to address you assumptions about my perception of officers. I grew up in a non-major metro area as a skateboarder...nuff said.

Please don't make an a$$ out of yourself with comments referring to medications or DWI's it is just showing your hand. As an FYI, there is a whole generation of straight edge citizens on the prowl. Try to handle your feedback a bit more intellegently.

Additional side bar: you seem to be taking this personally. Not to deflate your boat, but I could care less if it was you or your Chief............if you are an officer of the law you are not above the law.

Got that Chief--------

Now get back out there Danno.

N Y C X B O X

EDIT::::::I threw this little puppy out there before seeing your reply......Hatchet burried....and if you think I am going to tell you where I'm from your craaaazzzzzy.

Unless of course you need my address to send me a buddy pass......YEEEAAAHHHH>
Old 05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I just gotta ask... what the hell is a "straight edge citizen" and just where are they on the "prowl"?
Old 05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It is

Straight edge refers to living drug and alchohol free. Treating the body as the temple that it truely is. Not fogging the mind and spirit with outside substances. It basically means living the good life. Now I didn't say I don't throw back some cold budweiser on the weekends....just alerting those who didn't know.

Where you from?

I would love to do a ride along.........and I don't mean in the back seat......
Old 05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Virginia...and sorry we dont take ride alongs. Some of what we do is classified. We do set up speed traps on the civilian highways but that does not encompass most of my day. (Only during peak hours) I couldnt even get you on our facility with out a security clearance.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cool

I understand. As a consolation prize I'll take that buddy pass/get out of jail card.

I thought speed traps were a no, no? Or are you trying to tease me?

N Y C X B O X
Old 05-20-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, for some reason almost everyone here think a cop can't own a fast car...wtf?

They have lives too, they don't (usually) go to work everyday and be like "I'm going to pull over everyone who goes over the speed limit"

Yea, I've been pulled over before from a**hole cops but that doesn't make me believe every cop is an a**.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Mustang v. TC

Originally Posted by fedcop
So my buddy buys an 05 mustang v6, 5sp ,this weekend. It weighs 3400 lbs and has 210 HP and 240 foot lbs of torque. It goes from 0-60 in 7 secs. (fly by wire)and tops out at 113. (speed limiter) and has traction control. Now, I think I can take him. what do ya think??? (we are both cops so we should be able to race with no problem.)
Mines a 5 sp as well.
are you kidding me?

I'm not sure what's more disgustin... your choice in cars to "race" or the fact that you're a "police officer"

maybe you should just stick to picking up wifey and the kids in your car...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by chanman
Ok, for some reason almost everyone here think a cop can't own a fast car...wtf?
just going out on a limb here but I'm not thinking anyone had a fast car in mind when posting
Old 05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default get out there

Get out on the limb kid.....just don't fall off then end.

N Y C X B O X
Old 05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by turbomerc
my street car runs 11's, how about yours???
I'm more concerned with speed AND handling.. so a small 4 banger is a better choice. I dont prefer taking tanks around hard corners. Not bashing your ride, but trying to get you to see that there are different reasons people choose different cars. And plus, I know people with blown 8 second cars out there... but they dont bash you for racing your relatively slow street car do they? It is all about what you are racing and what you are doing. I know someone with a Chevy pickup that runs in the high 12s, but put him on a curvy road with my tC and I will waste him. They have classes in racing as well. Street stocks dont run against funny cars do they? Well, we arent necessarilly trying to outrun 11 sec cars in our 4 bangers (although I have seen a good number of 4 bangers that will make your 11 sec merc cry).

the tC is a great car to start with to build. It has a strong motor, you dont start with a ton dumped into it. And it is a cool car all around. so it is good for both the daily driver/performance people as well as something more. If you have worked on many vehicles you will know that the displacement means a lot less than people think, and that gap is closing quickly.

wasn't this thread all about a straight line drag race??????
Old 05-20-2005, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I think it can be done if you have the better reaction time with clean shifts and warmed tires.

How the does a radar detector, detector work there in VA? How are they enforced?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look at me!!!! i run towards gunfire so i can speed when i want!! whoohoo!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dear Dustin and SVT2NV,

Hey next time your in trouble like when some one jacks your car, why dont you call a plumber or maybe your mommy. (of course it has been my experience that people who scream the loudest when it comes to cop bashing are the first to call one when they are in trouble.)

Dear Marshall,

In Va. radar detectors are illegal to posses in a vehicle. We confiscate them where I am.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Virginia...and sorry we dont take ride alongs. Some of what we do is classified. We do set up speed traps on the civilian highways but that does not encompass most of my day. (Only during peak hours) I couldnt even get you on our facility with out a security clearance.

If this guy's a cop, then I'm Eliot Ness. What a poser!

At best he sits the gate at Ft. Belvoir, checking badges. Talks about security clearance, when people who talk about it, don't get one! Talks about drag racing, when people who do and boast about it, or don't and make it up, don't get access to classified material.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=specvstc_0001

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=t....-modded-stang

The first vid is one of a TC kicking a Sentra's A$$
The second one is of a Sentra kicking a mustang's (GT) A$$

Hmmmm....any comments?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dear Dustin and SVT2NV,

Hey next time your in trouble like when some one jacks your car, why dont you call a plumber or maybe your mommy. (of course it has been my experience that people who scream the loudest when it comes to cop bashing are the first to call one when they are in trouble.)

Dear Marshall,

In Va. radar detectors are illegal to posses in a vehicle. We confiscate them where I am.

if u were referring to me, my name is Duston, 2nd, so far in my life i have not had the need to call a cop and hopefully never will. I use to have no feelings towards cops, even after i got my first/only ticket when i was 17, until i started meeting all these cops on power trips who had no intelligence nor reasoning capability what so ever.... we'll save those stories for a later date.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok dustin...later
Old 05-21-2005, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Talks about security clearance, when people who talk about it, don't get one! Talks about drag racing, when people who do and boast about it, or don't and make it up, don't get access to classified material. "

Uh, yeah... you've also been watching to much TV. My clearance is a matter of public record. The fact that I have one is not classified. Also I dont recall anything on my poly that asked if I bragged about drag racing before my clearance was granted...but as someone who hasnt the faintest idea of how it works I guess I can forgive your ignornance.

PS Oh and next time you're in Clarke County let me know and be sure to give me your plate #...I'll be happy to aquaint you with with Mr. Handcuffs, Elliot.

Quick Reply: Mustang v. TC