General driving and racing...

Odds of winning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Odds of winning?

alright guys tommorow i gotta race with an integra....just wanted to know what the odds are...to me i think its pretty good for me...my car just has injen cai....alphawerks headers...and greddy evo2, and the car moves pretty good.....the integra is a 4 door with a jdm h22 with intake headers and exhaust....the thing is this fool has 3" piping all the way back which wouldn't work out on his end. what do you think?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If that engine was installed and running right in his integra he has you. The only reason I could see him losing is the exhaust hurting him 3" is pretty big for an all motor setup.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
The only reason I could see him losing is the exhaust hurting him 3" is pretty big for an all motor setup.

Yea you need some kind of back pressure.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

true but those h22's love free flow so i would more then likely say the integra unfortunatly damn honda buckets but good luck none the less and is this on the streets or the track??
Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Id like to put money on you and I probably would but who knows these days? Go for it!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If that car runs properly, it should be alot quicker than the tC. It weighs less, has decent torque, and 200hp. That motor loves to rev. You may be able to get the jump on him, but I bet he'll pull away decisively top end.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Race and find out, ON A TRACK. And post your timeslips.

But you're at a heavy disadvantage against the lighter and more powerful H22 car. The 3-inch exhaust might hurt it in N/A form, but it's not going to hurt it enough to let you win.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get him from a dig, you can probably hold him off until 3rd or 4th....once he starts making up ground...throw on the hazards and hit the brakes...lol

Good luck....
Old 01-20-2006, 02:49 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a supra and smoke him
Old 01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know how heavy the Integra sedan is, but with the JDM H22 I would say that you're done. With i/h/e, I would guess he's pushing probably somewhere around ~215hp/175tq as a guess. Which means even from a dig you probably won't gain on him, and even if you do, by the top of every gear he's going to be pulling hard.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i have a good chance....ill try to get some1 to record the race. he did all kinds of ____ wrong with that car....he doesn't even have the propper axles for the swap...the axles barely support the weight of the new engine...he broke dem twice and rigged it up somehow...id love to go from a dig cause i kick ___ off da launch but he definitely wont risk breakin another axle. it should be close, id love to beat his ___ cause he talks so much ____ about tc's
Old 01-20-2006, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea btw just to let u know where my car stands....i a race with an 06 g35....we raced from a 1st gear roll cause both of us had a hard time catching traction...road sucked that day...but nehow off the roll i was in front of him till about 60 when we were dead even.....then at about 80 he was almooosttt a car in front...not even that much. so i think i run pretty decent just for hangin around with a g35
Old 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM

take out everything in the trunk and remove the back seats. That way I can win my bet I have on you for winning. :D

Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TruTriNiPlaYa
oh yea btw just to let u know where my car stands....i a race with an 06 g35....we raced from a 1st gear roll cause both of us had a hard time catching traction...road sucked that day...but nehow off the roll i was in front of him till about 60 when we were dead even.....then at about 80 he was almooosttt a car in front...not even that much. so i think i run pretty decent just for hangin around with a g35
not to be negative... but the guy in the g35 doesnt know how to drive... or it wasnt broken in... or something. but glad you held em off for as long as you did.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

You also want to think about tires also. You can all of the hp in the owrld, but w/o any traction, you aren't going anywhere. I don't know, that Integra sounds interesting. Wonder how it would do against the FI EK?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
You also want to think about tires also. You can all of the hp in the owrld, but w/o any traction, you aren't going anywhere. I don't know, that Integra sounds interesting. Wonder how it would do against the FI EK?
trust me i know all about the traction problem....i've got 18s...225 toyos and i spin dem like nothing.....if i race ne1 i lower pressure....only way.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
take out everything in the trunk and remove the back seats. That way I can win my bet I have on you for winning. :D
i took out my spare and my system........buttttt check this out...tonite i went out and every1 was calling up the guy with the integra and he _____ed out.....he told another guy he'll run me next week after he takes his car to the shop and chips it and tunes it..... taking drastic measures for a lil tc.....and from what he told every1 before he can take me any time......guess not tonite huh? i had the camera ready and everything. i guess u somewhat win the bet cause he backed down.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

A H22 will rape you all day and night... then come back for some more. The 3" piping was not a smart move on his part unless he plans on going FI. JDM h22 = 200hp and i think it was around 161 ft lbs of tq. Slightly tuned stock h22a motors swapped into civics can achieve high 13s but are very nose heavy and lose alot in the handling department. If your going to get owned show some responsibillity and do it on the track.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TruTriNiPlaYa
I didn't know the /grammar tag was so effective on SL forums.

Anyways, It must have been a base level G35 atuomatic, and even then hes still got over 100hp on you. Despite it weighing in heavy around 3450 I think, he could still beat your ___ into a pulp.

When I had my Camaro, I was driving next to a modded Matrix xR, who thought he was racing with me. I'd let him get ahead, and keep up with him just a little bit behind, and then just gas it and get in front of him. I'm sure it was the same senario.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you're not going to win. good luck none the less.

Quick Reply: Odds of winning?