Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

tC Kill Zone | What have you taken down or what has got you!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn those scions!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beat another tC with header & TRD axle back.

I also beat a '03 WRX, bone stock.. both of us had a passenger, raced from a 3rd gear roll.. I gave him the jump and it was dead even all the way until the end of 4th gear when I put about a fender on him. Very close race, the guy in the WRX was very surprized and gave me a thumbs up.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

New victories

Modded S2k

Pontiac GTP (factory supercharged) with upgraded intercooler + intake
Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
I beat another tC with header & TRD axle back.

I also beat a '03 WRX, bone stock.. both of us had a passenger, raced from a 3rd gear roll.. I gave him the jump and it was dead even all the way until the end of 4th gear when I put about a fender on him. Very close race, the guy in the WRX was very surprized and gave me a thumbs up.
hmm.... good race. But a stock 5 speed WRX should win against a tC with the mods listed in your sig. I'm fairly sure they are RSX-S fast (or faster).
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
hmm.... good race. But a stock 5 speed WRX should win against a tC with the mods listed in your sig. I'm fairly sure they are RSX-S fast (or faster).
I agree with you, it should of put a few car length on me. He seemed like he was shifting pretty good, I don't think it was a driver problem. I'm sure going from a 60mph roll really helped me out alot.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you, it should of put a few car length on me. He seemed like he was shifting pretty good, I don't think it was a driver problem. I'm sure going from a 60mph roll really helped me out alot.
yeah, thats true. Stock WRX has very nasty lag from a roll.....
Old 08-29-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I raced against an automatic 2003 galant GTZ this morning on the way to work. All i have in my car is an intake and exhaust.

I was driving at about 75 and saw the galant. As i got closer to it he started accelerating to stay ahead of me. As i got next to him we were doing about 85. Then I dropped to 4th and let off. He dropped the hammer on his accel also. it was pretty good for about 5 seconds till i started leaving him.
Another One bites the dust! Not that i smacked him or anything, but i def had about 2 or 3 cars on him when i was at 115.

I slowed down to ask what transmission he had and he said auto. I'm guessing it was a stock GTZ Didn't hear any aftermarket sounds coming from his car.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yesterday i saw a mid to late 90's mazda mx3. Someone must have ran that thing to the ground before this guy owned it and it was prob still stock too. Anyway, he tried to gun it in front of me and i let him go for about 3 seconds then i downshifted, reached up to him and kept it at about 4900 rpms. As i heard him shift i just blew him with the rest of the power left in 3rd gear and walked this guy in 4th. no fun, but very funny.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Finished the vids. Here ya go guys, a little entertainment...

Click here to watch tC-vs-RB20-240sx

Click here to watch REMATCHTC-vs-WRX

Click here to watch tC-vs-H22-Civic

The h22 Civic want's to run the tC again, once he gets the Nitro working properly, so a race should be going down between us this weekend. We are going to the 1/8th track this weekend as well.
Dude,
do some racing during the day so we can be able to SEE it.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yesterday I raced my friend's 05 Altima and my other friend's 05 Lancer ES. I smoked the Lancer, but the Altima was next to me the whole way. I slowly started loosing him, but traffic slowed me down. My friend claims he would've beat me if he didn't have his AC on. I told him yeah right, I'm sure the AC on doesn't do that much of a difference. Also, I beat and Audi A4 & lost to a 06 V6 Accord(not too bad of a loss though).
Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by StillFlintin
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Finished the vids. Here ya go guys, a little entertainment...

Click here to watch tC-vs-RB20-240sx

Click here to watch REMATCHTC-vs-WRX

Click here to watch tC-vs-H22-Civic

The h22 Civic want's to run the tC again, once he gets the Nitro working properly, so a race should be going down between us this weekend. We are going to the 1/8th track this weekend as well.
Dude,
do some racing during the day so we can be able to SEE it.

Day time = More traffic, have to work, no one hangs out during the day.

Night time = NO traffic, cops don't care (because they use to street race too), everyone hanging out after getting back from the local "ghetto" track, therefore being able to setup races with ease.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i just wanna be able to seeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm at work and i gots no volume so i don't hear it either!!! ahhh it's killin me. At least if i could HEAr it i could IMAGINE what's going on. na meen?
not knockin u at all just bored at work. and yes racing at night is safer and easier to set up. do some shooting during dusk maybe
Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

juss so ya know, in the second vid, u did win the rematch by a bus length. In the first race he won by a car length. a car length = his rear bumper where your front bumper is. That's what i saw. again not knockin, juss droppin a lil knowledge. a car length is a car length, an inch is an inch and a bus is a bus.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, his car was probably in limp mode or something. Stock WRXs dyno 170+ to the wheels. 60 roll or no, he should have pulled you. You sure it wasn't a regular Impreza 2.5RS? Those are about 170hp stock, much more in line with a tC with your mods.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by StillFlintin
juss so ya know, in the second vid, u did win the rematch by a bus length. In the first race he won by a car length. a car length = his rear bumper where your front bumper is. That's what i saw. again not knockin, juss droppin a lil knowledge. a car length is a car length, an inch is an inch and a bus is a bus.

I consider a car length when I can fit another car in between the both of us. So, going by my definition, it's actually a lot worse that what you are saying.... And I could have stuck next to him, if not beat him if I had known how to use the turbo at that time, as the only thing that set us apart was when we hit boost. If you noticed, I hit boost after him, but after I hit boost, he could not pull me. Even though I didn't win the very first race after being turboed, I was still very impressed with the tC for having nothing but 8 PSI, a 16G, and a turbo back exhaust. We have not raced anymore since then. We didn't care to much for his attitude, and we got into it over on our local forum (he get's to bent out of shape about loosing). So, that was the end of that.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
Yeah, his car was probably in limp mode or something. Stock WRXs dyno 170+ to the wheels. 60 roll or no, he should have pulled you. You sure it wasn't a regular Impreza 2.5RS? Those are about 170hp stock, much more in line with a tC with your mods.
Yeah, it was definately a WRX.. I've raced 2.5RS's from a roll and it wasn't even close, i had a easy 3 car lengths on him. We raced a bunch of times, he use to work with me.

I guess he was just a bad driver in the WRX.. Or maybe it wasn't running right?

I've been beat by them before, that's why I was so surprized.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
Yeah, it was definately a WRX.. I've raced 2.5RS's from a roll and it wasn't even close, i had a easy 3 car lengths on him. We raced a bunch of times, he use to work with me.

I guess he was just a bad driver in the WRX.. Or maybe it wasn't running right?

I've been beat by them before, that's why I was so surprized.

Maybe he was missing his gas pedal...
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, must have been in limp mode.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

VR6 Jetta....2003 maybe?
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by mpbrown
VR6 Jetta....2003 maybe?
Did you beat him or did he beat you?

Quick Reply: tC Kill Zone | What have you taken down or what has got you!