Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Toyota wants you at the Monterey Historic Races

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member

Default Toyota wants you at the Monterey Historic Races

Dear Scion Owners and Enthusiasts,

As you may or may not already know, the Monterey Historic Automobile Races at Laguna Seca are quickly approaching. Toyota is the new presenting sponsor for this event and they are pulling out all the stops to make this year the most spectacular event to date. The agency I am with, RWB, is handling the entire event on Toyota’s behalf.

Toyota has one of the most loyal followings of any brand in the world, and they want all those people, you, to come out and learn more about Toyota heritage, and simply enjoy an action packed weekend around the most beautiful and exotic cars in the world. Toyota will be displaying several historic and modern day racecars, as well as an on track performance by F1 pilot Ricardo Zonta in the current Toyota Formula One car, it will be nothing short of spectacular. There will be on track races throughout the day and a no shortage of all things automotive to be involved in.

Toyota has made it very clear to us they want all Toyota, Scion, and Lexus club members at the event. There will be a special parking lot reserved just for Club Members and a few all access credentials enabling the winners to hang in the Toyota suite and mingle with various Toyota personalities, such as Ivan “Ironman” Stewart, Ricardo Zonta, Juan Fangio, and many more. To win these credentials please:
•Writing - tell me a wild and crazy Scion experience in a 100 words or less.
•Photo – do a creative rendition of the “I love what you do for me, Toyota” with your Scion in the background.
Please send all responses to montereyhistoric@yahoo.com

We are also looking for enthusiasts to work inside the Toyota tent to help out with the cars and answer questions. We are paying $18/hour and it’s a 3 day event.

Best Regards,

John Kendall
www.montereyhistoric.com
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would love to be there, bad timing though as moving during that time frame. I have missed two years in a row now and will miss this one as well. It would be fun to have my slightly modded tC there.

Rick
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by raamaudio
I would love to be there, bad timing though as moving during that time frame. I have missed two years in a row now and will miss this one as well. It would be fun to have my slightly modded tC there.

Rick
awwww.... i wanted to see that "slightly modded tC" of yours... ... hahaha..

aww.. oh well..
Old 07-14-2006, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I would love to see it outside the shop more myself!!!! And especially at my favorit track

Thanks,
Rick