Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

WRC / Rally Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WRC / Rally Thread

just thought i'd make a thread for keeping it updated with news relating to WRC/Rally if anyone is interested.

Recent news from WRC

Rally New Zealand

Ford imploded going into the last day with both Hirvonen and Latvala getting into some trouble. Of course Sebastien "the Machine" Loeb took advantage of this and along with Dani Sordo they took home 1st and 2nd place for Citroen. I guess those are the breaks.

Click for More Photos.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I love you & thank you for the update! I've missed rally so much since it's no longer on Speed. (btw, the pics aren't working.)

I'm a Petter fan, even though since his chapionship he's done horrible. But i'm proud of Miko, he's done real well.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woah
Old 09-18-2008, 05:50 PM

+1 to not being able to watch it on TV so I'm forced to torrent my WRC. Just like any self-respecting Subaru driver of course I'm rooting for the Subaru WRC team
While I respect Loeb's skill and love that C4, I hate his typical French arrogant attitude.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by fishbone
+1 to not being able to watch it on TV so I'm forced to torrent my WRC. Just like any self-respecting Subaru driver of course I'm rooting for the Subaru WRC team
While I respect Loeb's skill and love that C4, I hate his typical French arrogant attitude.
I'm right there with you on that one. Damn French.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome! i miss the broadcast on speed :-(
Old 09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know. damn speed channel

We were looking through photos for some upcoming WRC DVDs covers and found these cool images. Enjoy. Next WRC DVD Final Stage featuring Rally Japan, Ireland and the Wales Rally GB should be out in a few weeks. Stay tuned for more info on this one.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are some pics for this past weekend's rally. Once again Loeb is dominant on tarmac. Duval was back for Ford and showed why he's so valuable on the asphalt. However, due to team orders, he gave up 3rd place to Hirvonen so that the Finn could stay in contention for the driver's championship. Next stop Corsica!

More Images here: http://www.livesockets.com/article.php?id=2130
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Thanks for the update!! For what ever reason though the pictures dont show for me. Not on here or their website. =o(
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4me
Thanks for the update!! For what ever reason though the pictures dont show for me. Not on here or their website. =o(
really?? thats weird.. are u at work
Old 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I am but all other pictures work fine. I dunno. I get all my pics from SWRT.com =o)
Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4me
I love you & thank you for the update! I've missed rally so much since it's no longer on Speed. (btw, the pics aren't working.)
Welcome to AMERICUH. We don't cater tah yer kinda pansy limp-wrist racin'. We gots NASCAR an DRAG RACIN' here. Y'know, REAL MAN's racin', where yeh can just pop back a case ah Bud Light an watch sum fine American mucheen.

In a less hillbilly note, why is it that nobody wants to carry Formula 1/WRC/any racing where you turn right at all besides the SPEED Challenges? Granted, I'd still torrent all of those races, but still...
Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^^ Who knows. It's sad though.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

yeah same here loved to watch it on speed ....i think most people are scared of something that takes skill...they should make a wrc only channel wrc all day all night would be so sweet..
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_CAMO
yeah same here loved to watch it on speed ....i think most people are scared of something that takes skill...they should make a wrc only channel wrc all day all night would be so sweet..
i think it didnt get much ratings but also why was because they broadcasted at night i think
Old 10-21-2008, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh btw

heres the results from last weeks rallye de france

Loeb completed the final 26km asphalt stage without incident to bring his Citroen C4 WRC across the line with a lead of 3min24.7sec. In a faultless performance on his home rally Loeb was fastest on all but two of the 16 stages and extended his lead in the 2008 drivers' championship to 14 points.

more pics and results over here
Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We were looking through some images for artwork to use on upcoming WRC dvds and wanted to create some wallpapers.

This first set of wallpapers feature the Citroen Total team that's been kicking everyone's ___ in the points race. Loeb is a machine and has such a smooth and steady driving style, not sure if anyone can touch him in the next few years. Images are linked to full-sized versions.

A few more here.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Saw this on the WRC website. This may provide some joy for Subaru fans after the announcement that they are pulling out of the WRC for '09.

Chris Atkinson is relishing the chance to compete on level terms with Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo when he takes the wheel of a factory spec Citroen C4 WRC on January's Rally Ireland.

Atkinson was left out in the cold after Subaru's shock withdrawal from the series on 16 December but was thrown a lifeline by Citroen a week later when the French firm signed him up to its new Citroen Junior Team.

For now the 29-year-old Australian is only confirmed as a part of the team for Rally Ireland, but Citroen Sport Technologies Manager Benoit Nogier said he believes the association will go beyond this event - the first of the 2009 season.

Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald Atkinson said: "This is a wonderful opportunity for me as I will be able to compete against Sebastien Loeb in a similar car and obviously my aim is to be as competitive with him and Dani Sordo as soon as possible."
Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks like Petter is going to run a 2006 spec Citroen Xsara for the 2009 season starting w/ Rally Norway and so forth. Too bad, I was hoping he was going to be available for the X Games this Summer.

Full Article Here.