Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

50 Posts or MORE or you CANT sell......

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 50 Posts or MORE or you CANT sell......

Lately I have noticed a lot of people have been selling items and dont have 50 posts. Even if a moderator misses it, please take caution when even considering buying from the person. I know there has been probably 10 threads warning you about this. But I think we should all just remember this and keep an eye out. I saw someone post something for sale who had only 2 posts, he was a member for 6 hours....

PRIVATE PARTY CLASSIFIED (PPC) RULES AND REQUIREMENTS

You must achieve SL Member status (50 posts) before you can post in PPC.

We implemented this rule in 2005 to reduce the amount of bogus sales that go on in our classifieds. It has worked extremely well and although we get a few complaints here and there (from new members looking for a fast sale) it has nearly eliminated complaints between traders.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bumpppp look at me...
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The good ole days... haven't notices any issues, but I haven't been in the classifieds before.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

also, people are listing stuff in the regular owners lounges because they don't have enough posts and think their sale will get deleted out of classifieds. someone who doesn't have enough posts and is trying to sell an intake will put it under the tc owners lounge/drivetrain and power to sell it. you even have other people who are trying to be slick putting a post up in a owners lounge section saying that they're thinking about selling something and they just want to figure out how much to sell it for even though they have 5 posts. everyone just be careful. try not to buy from people who've been on this site for 2 weeks and have 3 posts. if u really feel the urge to have to buy the item from them, make sure u can either meet up with them, or have them create an ebay listing for u. there's no reason that any legitimate seller won't put up an ebay listing for u-the costs are extremely negligible, and either way if u pay with paypal, it's the same fee for them either from an ebay sale or if u just send them a paypal payment. if it comes down to it, offer to split the posting fee. a $1000 item won't cost more than $7 or $8 to list on ebay in bold, with pictures. splitting a $7 fee is well worth having the protection of an ebay auction and paypal payment for that item. it's easier to show proof of sale with item description should anything go wrong. you can just point to the auction and the dispute people can look at it instead of u having to come up with a description, pictures, and so on.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

keep in mind the mods here try to keep up on this but sometimes something slips through the cracks....members need to help and flag these topics. Also they are vigilant to look at people who join and spam useless posts just so they can reach 50 posts
Old 10-22-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed...here here just saw the exclamation point on the top of the board..wil use that for now on
Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
keep in mind the mods here try to keep up on this but sometimes something slips through the cracks....members need to help and flag these topics. Also they are vigilant to look at people who join and spam useless posts just so they can reach 50 posts
Thanks for the info, I'll be using that exclamation whenever necessary!