Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

azntct turbo sale problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 AM
SL Member

Thumbs down azntct turbo sale problem

(Moved from and in reference to this PPC thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179187 ) --Tomas

Originally Posted by azntct
bump
im sorry mike and mason
epic fail.

Dude, the piping was pieced together, some of the piping was from a ZPI kit. In the F/S post, you said it was a Garrett 30. The only thing Garrett is the actual turbo fans, and center portion. That turbo has been taken apart before, you can tell by the score marks on the bolts. I can and will post pictures if necessary. As soon as I got to my car after Mike installed the kit, the first thing I did was reach inside the turbo, and felt shaft play. I also talked to someone today who knew someone else who you were trying to sell the kit to locally up in Jacksonville, and had told him the turbo was blowing smoke, and that was a couple months ago. It is NOT a Garrett turbo. The housing is a Precision turbo, it says PTE and that was from their old company, they have since then been making their new turbos and have "Precision" engraved on the compressor housing, so that turbo... or at least the compressor housing is NOT a complete Turbo Toyota's kit like you advertised. Thats why Mike & I had such a hard time getting everything to fit perfectly.

I'm also missing the nipples that go on top of the external wastegates for boost control, and you specifically told me today AND at the time of purchase that you bought that kit from a shop, then to do a little research my own and to find out that you in fact did NOT buy it from a shop, but a private seller. Then you told me today you were going to call the shop and ask them whats wrong with the turbo, when in reality YOU KNOW whats wrong with the turbo. ITS BLOWN. Thats why you sold the kit.

The moderators will know about this, and hopefully will be keeping tabs to see that justice has done. I have cancelled the check, and am still waiting for you to return my call. I will give you the rest of the money for the kit, after I buy the new turbo if that sounds fair, I will even go as far as giving you your "brand new 80..err uhh 125 mile ""Garrett"" turbo back. You also told me it was completely fine and safe to run a ball bearing turbo WITHOUT a restrictor.

I havent been a forum guy for very long, but I know that this kind of business if unacceptable. You cant hustle whoever you want and piece together crap and sell it as cologne. I hope you come to your senses on this one.

Last edited by Tomas; 01-21-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Moved from PPC
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

burnnnedd
Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 AM
SL Member

I see you fixed the Thread for selling stuff, but you cant even write back to me on here? OR!!!! answer my texts or calls.

What is the deal?

seriously?

Last edited by boosted239; 01-21-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boosted239
I see you fixed the Thread for selling stuff, but you cant even write back to me on here? OR!!!! answer my texts or calls.

What is the deal?

seriously?
Mason, Here ill gladly HELP!

Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
Mason, Here ill gladly HELP!

Thanks Mike! Its funny to see him trying to edit everything! I just talked to my bank, and they told me that he has been trying to cash the check.
this is PATHETIC! I have been calling this guy ever since I saw the turbo smoking, and have been getting nothing but the ignore button and voicemail.

EVERYONE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER. HE IS A SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by boosted239; 01-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

SCUMMER THE BUMMER ANOTHER TT FAIL FTL! but how much for ur axle back if it will mate with stock midpipe lmao!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok fellas. I really cant do much. I hope this gets resolved. But if this was a personal pick up and the stuff was looked over before the buy happened. Thats on the buyer in my book. Also if the work was all done by a shop and the seller just relied on the shop for work he cant be faulted. Again i hope this gets resolved.

Last edited by highvoltage1; 01-22-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ what he said... You knew the condition, and
The only scammer i see is you boosted239, Installing it then trying to get your money back, That in my book constitutes a scammer. Even if he said you dont need a restrictor, which im sure he didnt, he's a pretty smart guy.. You should know that ball bearing turbos need restrictors... So stop playing the victim, so you feel better about trying trying to steal this kit from this guy. He's a great seller, and a great guy,.. What your doing.. doesnt seem right...
my .02
Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So u put a hold on the check once u got the kit cause the turbo was blown? I don't think u should put a hold on the check jus cause of that.

Op wat do u want the outcome 2 be?
Old 01-22-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

perhaps some pics
Old 01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
SL Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by skakemokid
^ what he said... You knew the condition, and
The only scammer i see is you boosted239, Installing it then trying to get your money back, That in my book constitutes a scammer. Even if he said you dont need a restrictor, which im sure he didnt, he's a pretty smart guy.. You should know that ball bearing turbos need restrictors... So stop playing the victim, so you feel better about trying trying to steal this kit from this guy. He's a great seller, and a great guy,.. What your doing.. doesnt seem right...
my .02
...epic fail.

Im new to this turbo game, and NO not EVERYONE knows everything about this and NO i didnt know turbos need restrictors, and if your friends so smart, why would he tell me I didnt need one, and that he didnt run one? Youur friend doesnt seem very smart now, does he?

& second off you obviously DONT know him, I have talked to other members on this forum that (after having this experience) have told me the same kind of stories coming from this guy.

When we were originally meeting up to get the kit, he told me that he would meet me half way... Im from Naples, and my tuner is in St. Cloud, and the seller is from Jacksonville, he told me half way was DAYTONA BEACH. I dont know FL very well, or where everything is, and he seemed like a good guy on the phone and I had no reason to doubt his judgement. So he drove an hour & a half, 2hrs tops, and I drove 5 almost 5 & a half because I was driving from Naples... are you telling me Daytona Beach, is half way from Naples to Jacksonville? Yeah, that sure sounds like a MAGNIFICENT & TRUSTWORTHY seller to me alright.

You dont understand do you? I HAVE BEEN CALLING HIM NON STOP SINCE I FOUND OUT THAT THE "TURBO TOYOTA KIT/30R/GARRETT/PIECED TOGETHER ZPI FMIC PIPING KIT" was pieced together, and the turbo was smoking after literally less than 3 miles after pulling out of my tuners driveway. We didnt even get to tune anything, it was just installed and we were on our way to the dyno when we had to pull over cause smoke was coming in the cabin of the car.

Everytime I have called him, i have gotten the "ignore" button. He has not posted in this post, or called me back OR returned one of the many txt's I have sent. So as far as Im concerned it doesnt matter that much to him I guess. I told him I wanted to resolve this with him, and that was 3 days ago, he said he'd call me back after he talked to the shop that he bought the turbo from. On the F/S thread it said the turbo had 125 miles on it. When I called him he said that there was no way it was blown cause he took it off his car with 80 miles on it. So which was it, 80 or 125 miles? Oh wait a second, I thought it was a brand new turbo? Most definitely not with the way that was smoking.

Almost every phone conversation I had with him he was unsure of what he had or what worked with the kit, or how it pieced together. Would you like to know why? Because he pieced that kit together, nothing in that kit was a Turbo Toyota kit except for MAYBE the intercooler piping, and manifold.

If you dont believe me, why dont you ask the tuner, Mike, who installed everything on my car, and along with my friend Josh & Nick, who have been around turbo 4 cylinders for 3+ years now.

& lastly, opinions are like butt cracks, everyone has one, but some shouldn't be shown in public. (take the hint)

Old 01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_andrew
So u put a hold on the check once u got the kit cause the turbo was blown? I don't think u should put a hold on the check jus cause of that.

Op wat do u want the outcome 2 be?
No, I cancelled the check after I saw things started getting sketchy, and he was telling me lies about the kit and where he got it from and how he was going to call the shop... but he really bought it from another ScionLife member (not a shop). I told him I believe about a million times that I wanted to work this out, but to keep myself safe I did that. My bank also told me that he had tried to cash the check multiple times at different locations after I told him I cancelled it.

Sketch? I think so.
I dont believe there will be an outcome after I've been ignored, lied to, missed work, and school for my car to sit in St. Cloud since LAST FRIDAY, because someone had to make a quick buck so they lied and pieced together a turbo kit... a blown turbo kit at that. A week later my cars still not done? This is beyond ridiculous.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by gingles
perhaps some pics

Its hard to get pics of a blown turbo, but I can get some other pics. My tuner also had to cut intercooler pipe to make everything mate up right. Im going to the car soon, so I will get some pics then.

Thankyou to everyone who actually sees the shame in this.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
SL Member

Name:  BlownTurbo.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  66.3 KB

this is one of the pictures i had on my phone of the turbo leaking oil and no that is NOT blow by. You cant take a picture of shaft play, but my friend has an iPhone, and Ill see if he can take a video and ill post a Youtube link.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember seeing his FS post, I thought, wow, this kit is super nice sounding but of course, no pics. Instantly turned me into a skeptic even though I'm already boosted.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not saying who is wrong or who is right. But on the whole meeting thing. There is a thing called Google Maps! If you dont know FL to well you shoulda used it. Thats your fault on that one. Dont blame anyone but yourself there. Now turbos can be faulty even if brand new! This is not a blame on your or him just a fact. But knowing Mike and his knowledge why was the oil restrictor issue not dealt with before driving the car with the kit? Again just a question, no blame just trying to get the facts. I know your ____ed and all but so far your comments arent helping your case in my eyes. But I am not sideing with anyone I think he should make contact with you. You both are making this out to be a tough case.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The issue with the oil restrictor was picked up on before installed. I brought this to his attention were he said he gave the seller the t fitting which would of had the restrictor!

i installed a restrictor before using turbo! Yet once started it started it started leaking oil again! No kinks in return line.

The turbo is not a garret turbo.

This turbo was not the correct one for this kit.

Thats what i know.. Now since the seller sold a bad turbo. I HAVE to replace the turbo and redo what ive already done! New manifold gasket. Turbo oil inlet gasket return line gasket. Welding a 90* elblow on the turbo..
Just a headache!

All because the seller sold a used beat ___ turbo he claimed to be new! IMO if i was buying a computer at best buy i dont open it at the store to check it to be working! If its new. Its new!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought a brand new precision turbo, installed, 30 miles later blown oil seals. i primed the oil line before installing and everything. it just goes to show that anything can happen. i didnt blame dezod for selling me a bad turbo.....i called precision and dealt with them because i knew paul didnt have anything to do with it going bad. its all part of business.....hence why there is something called a warranty. imo it all sounds fishy, azntc trying to cash the check and all knowing it was stopped. perhaps he was trying to get his money and run, we may never know. the fact is try to deal with it. call the turbo company to see if they can replace it. also just because the intercooler pipes had to be cut doesnt mean it didnt fit fine on his tc. maybe you have a pipe twisted a little different then him. who knows.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
The issue with the oil restrictor was picked up on before installed. I brought this to his attention were he said he gave the seller the t fitting which would of had the restrictor!

i installed a restrictor before using turbo! Yet once started it started it started leaking oil again! No kinks in return line.

The turbo is not a garret turbo.

This turbo was not the correct one for this kit.

Thats what i know.. Now since the seller sold a bad turbo. I HAVE to replace the turbo and redo what ive already done! New manifold gasket. Turbo oil inlet gasket return line gasket. Welding a 90* elblow on the turbo..
Just a headache!

All because the seller sold a used beat ___ turbo he claimed to be new! IMO if i was buying a computer at best buy i dont open it at the store to check it to be working! If its new. Its new!
Ok cool. Just trying to cover all the bases. Yea if a computer messed up like that id be ____ed. But then again the turbo worked according to the original owner and then blew up for this guy. But I am playing devils advocate here. It sucks how this thing can happen. It is a mechanical part that can work one moment then not the next. The seller could have honestly not had any problems. Its a very tough call here. I hope this can get straightened out but it will take contact from both parties.

Maybe you should stop accusing buyer and seller and try and figure this out.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It appears to me that steps have been taken by the buyer to attempt communication and fix the problem but the seller isn't cooperating. Sounds pretty f-ing fishy to me.

Quick Reply: azntct turbo sale problem