Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well no wonder why tctunerz is haveing problems if they have a 16 year old doing there work....!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i've been reading this thread and i wish the best of luck to all that have been scamed by tctunerZ.....i mean i wasnt scamed by that a$$hole but just reading i feel your alls pain and it is ____in me off lol....if possible keep us updated.......GOODLUCK!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has tctunerz still not contacted anyone? What rats!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's horrible, I say stick it to 'em and get what you deserve. Good Luck to those that have got scammed.

Don't buy from tCTunerz!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah those f**k..i still havent got my sh** im so mad bro...im just goin to buy my strut bar from someone else and hope i get my money back or just get it in the mail???!!i just dont know what to do they never pick there phone up or write u back..??!!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wuts up guys..well i recieved an email from taek & tctunerz saying that my order has been shipped an the manager will be contacting me...the email i got was from tctunerz website so i think they might have actually sent my stuff but ill keep you posted who nows what will happen....
Old 04-30-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by insanetc
wuts up guys..well i recieved an email from taek & tctunerz saying that my order has been shipped an the manager will be contacting me...the email i got was from tctunerz website so i think they might have actually sent my stuff but ill keep you posted who nows what will happen....
I haven't received that email yet...
Old 04-30-2005, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After lurking around SL for months now and reading most of the posts regarding tctuners, I've finally decided to chime in. I'm currently one year away from graduating from law school and I'm quite familiar with the legal process. To those of you who have been scammed by tctuners, I suggest you stop making useless threats about "getting a lawyer" and actually make a few phone calls. Everyone can threaten but things really don't start to happen until the defendant is served with process, i.e. gets served with the legal complaint. I also suggest that if you can't afford an attorney, look to your local bar association and find one that is willing to take your case pro bono (for free)--they do exist and they do get things done. Finally, depending on the amount of money in dispute, and where you live, you may be able to file in small claims court. If you live outside CA, you can always file in federal court based on diversity of citizenship. Good luck guys,

-CJ
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope it's not another delay tactic where that email gives you hope, but then 1 month latr and no product, just like past history records.

I still have not heard from quick/tctunerz from email, phone, mail...!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sithscripter
Why assume that the Polizei won't be interested in the matter?

tctunerz.com uses an Irvine mail drop as a business address. This location falls in the Irvine PD Portola division's jurisdiction. That division has a full-time fraud investigator listed in the phone directory. Contact info at:

http://www.cityofirvine.org/ipd/phonelist/default.asp
cool..i will proceed
Old 04-30-2005, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Juris Doc
After lurking around SL for months now and reading most of the posts regarding tctuners, I've finally decided to chime in. I'm currently one year away from graduating from law school and I'm quite familiar with the legal process. To those of you who have been scammed by tctuners, I suggest you stop making useless threats about "getting a lawyer" and actually make a few phone calls. Everyone can threaten but things really don't start to happen until the defendant is served with process, i.e. gets served with the legal complaint. I also suggest that if you can't afford an attorney, look to your local bar association and find one that is willing to take your case pro bono (for free)--they do exist and they do get things done. Finally, depending on the amount of money in dispute, and where you live, you may be able to file in small claims court. If you live outside CA, you can always file in federal court based on diversity of citizenship. Good luck guys,

-CJ
can I file in addition to the actual amount plus for time loss for investigating, loss of income, etc for the time invested in trying to retrieve my money from tctunerz??
Old 04-30-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, 8 pages worth of posts. amazing
Old 04-30-2005, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you file in small claims court, there's always a staturory maximum for the amount that can be in dispute, usually around $2500. If your actual damage (the amount of money you've lost in the transaction) is less than the statutory maximum, then you can recover certain consequential damages. Those may include lost profits and the money expended in attempting to resolve the issue. Of course if you file in federal court, there is no limit on damages.

-CJ
Old 04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member

props to draven301 for coming over to yoursciontc.com and posting his experiences as a warning to our members. i have had personal experience with quick, and none of it was good i assure you. i have used this sticky as a method for turning people away from tctunerz, thanks for making it such a useful tool. you guys rock.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol tctunerz is using the "YOU'VE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED" on us...

meaning they pick random people on their buyers list and decide who will they ship the product to next....

and you guys say what? they have a 16 yr. old doin all the shipping? the dude in tctunerz (the guy you hear first when you call) told me they got a shipping department... so the people who takes the orders send the info to the people who ship the items....

I WANT MY HEADERS!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Happy May everybody - no contact still!

Juris Doc - my lawyers have sent them papers. The process is rolling.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good stuff, still tryin to get info from people to send to the ifcc. I am waiting on a response to my bbb complaint too. I filed a single complaint with ifcc but I want to make another with a bunch of peoples experiences so they will look harder at it.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cubaricantC
good stuff, still tryin to get info from people to send to the ifcc. I am waiting on a response to my bbb complaint too. I filed a single complaint with ifcc but I want to make another with a bunch of peoples experiences so they will look harder at it.
I'm waiting for my BBB also. No response there. No response from tctunerz.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cubaricantC
The more people you have backing your claim to the ifcc, the more attention your case is going to recieve, and they'll look into the matter more than say a case where only one person is complaining.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Now the site is down too.
xbtunerz.com is still half up though.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info