Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

ecko04 Worst seller on SL

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default ecko04 Worst seller on SL

This guy sold me a sunroof for $260 shipped and insured. It arrived broken and seller says he dose not owe me anything. He said he feels he deserves to keep the money and that UPS denied the insurance claim so he's not paying me back anything. UPS also picked up the box to inspect it and returned it to seller. So I'm empty handed and he's making $260

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAM ARTIST
Old 06-28-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How did you pay? File a Paypal report if you need to.

Any reason given for UPS denying the claim?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

im going to have to call ups on monday, wtf is insurance for if they won't replace the roof? paypal did didely sqaut
Old 06-28-2009, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^x2

Why would UPS Deny it? That's what I wanna' know.
I'm always 'iffy about Buying big things from people Online, I got my Dezod Exhaust off someone on here, and after all the travel here, ends were popping out of all corners of the Box.
UPS Sucks..
Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait... so u say ur out the money, well if he sends u back then he is out the sunroof... so honestly i dont think its the sellers fault its UPS... so u need to rethink your post...

seller sent roof and insured it.. he did his part..
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Wow!

Let me clarify so everyone has the ENTIRE STORY and not your view only.

The buyer purchased a spec tC moonroof. He did not specify he wanted insurance on the package what so ever. Since I have experience shipping these I decided to opt to have insurance placed on the package anyway. The item was packaged according to UPS guidelines and packaged by the UPS store themselves,

I have the receipt that has the $125 worth of packing supplies used, to even go into more specifics, the moonroof weighs less than the sunroof so a double walled box was used reinforced with 2 inches of bubble wrap along the entire roof as well as styrofoam to reinforce he edges of the glass. The label was marked as large item and requiring extra handling.

I know when the item left me it was in 1 piece, this is when the responsibility leaves me.

Shortly after delivery of the item the buyer contacts me and states the item was damaged. I told him that I could assist in filing an insurance claim just to help him out since he did not purchase insurance I was going to simply file what I purchased. I did so, UPS sent out an inspector whom denied the claim. The claim was denied citing they saw not physical damage to the box that would have caused the item to be damaged and that the item was packaged to UPS specifications thus essentially stating they believe the item was damaged due to the receivers negligence.

I told the buyer I would appeal their decision and if the appeal went through I would refund him the money since I took out more than what he paid for the item in insurance I didn't have a problem reimbursing him if the claim was approved. The appeal was denied citing that the item showed no signs of physical neglect.

The buyer also opened a PayPal complaint against me after I told him I could only refund the money if the appeal was approved. PayPal quickly sided with me on the matter and closed the claim in my favor.

So the buyer's quarrel is not with me, it is with UPS. I did what I was obligated to do. There is no way I should reach into my pocket and pay hi for something I clearly shipped in one piece to him.

I have a letter here from Crawford, the company that handles UPS insurance claims, stating their reason for denying the claim.

There is nothing else I can do for him and he in some way feels like I am obligated to do something which I tried to do.

I have sold numerous things on SL and most recently those include Injen CAI, Invidia Downpipe, Ny-trex Nitrous Kit, AEM UEGO, Strup Header, Python 990 Alarm, etc. I am a PowerSeller on eBay with 100% positive feedback with over 140 feedbacks. I am no n00b when it comes to selling items but I covered my butt and tied my best to cover the buyer's even when they don't opt for insurance I pay for it out of my own pocket because ish happens.

The SL community knows I am a good and honest guy but one this there is nothing I can do. I filed the claim, I appealed the decision, I paid for the insurance, I paid for the shipping, I did everything I needed to do. I cannot do anything else for the guy.
Banned
SL Member

i called ups on friday and asked them what the hold up was, they said the refund was mailed out the the seller on the 16th of this month. The seller denies getting any refund. So i'll call UPS on monday and get more details. i dont understand why ups refunds the seller and not the receiver. This guy has prolly done this before.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Socal_Shara
i called ups on friday and asked them what the hold up was, they said the refund was mailed out the the seller on the 16th of this month. The seller denies getting any refund. So i'll call UPS on monday and get more details. i dont understand why ups refunds the seller and not the receiver. This guy has prolly done this before.
why are u still bashing when he has done his part... and if ups is still working on things.. time will tell
Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

the sunroof was never even taken out of the box. I could see thru the SINGLE layer of bubble wrap that the glass was completly broken and at the bottom of the box. The box was not well protected at all, SELLER did a very poor job of wrapping. Either way I would not rec the seller to anyone
Old 06-28-2009, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

First and foremost, the item's shipping was paid for from my company's UPS account. So that is the reason why UPS will not give you details, you did not pay for shipping I ate the cost of it. That is why the claim had to be filed by me. I sent you details of the claim when I filed it for your reference.

I have not had a claim completed and accepted by UPS and Crawford for months now.

I have been going back and forth with the buyer for nearly a month now and its to the point where I am stated my piece and did what I needed to do. He calls me a liar, etc. and i'm expected to still help him out.

I wish him the best but i'm done with him and the issue. I have helped so much and now he opens a thread calling me a liar blatantly missing everything that I have done for him.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Banned
SL Member

if he had done is part and actually packed the glass, this prolly woudn't have happened. He said he gotten a broken sunroof before, so you would think he would be careful how he wraps it
Old 06-28-2009, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its real catty in here,see what UPS says then Complain on here, this isnt your daily blog its SL.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Once again, I did not package the item...what a douche.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

I've herd everything from this guy. He said he packed it and that he arranged for it to get picked up from his company, and now he says he brought it to the ups store, and that they handled everything? which is it? Starting to see how you pay for that turbo by ripping people off
Old 06-28-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

LMAO you're a character.

My company has a UPS account. The item was taken over to UPS by truck to be packaged up. We have a UPS account which everything is billed for. The UPS store in Concord is a smaller store, I had to schedule the item to be picked up as the daily driver that picks up for that store is a female and it just wasn't smart.

Anyway to each his own, have a great day,
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Banned
SL Member

As you can see buy his attitude he blows everything off. I still don't have the roof broken or not.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ecko: Out of curiosity, what city/state did you ship to?
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMAO... maybe if u werent so naggy
Banned
SL Member

Batavia, IL
Old 06-28-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I freakin' knew it. Karbon_tc strikes again.

Quick Reply: ecko04 Worst seller on SL