Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Evil Leith Scion of Raleigh

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jay4hand
Originally Posted by BoomBox757
dude, go do burn outs in the parking lot, and peel out at every stop light, so that when you bring the car back it has no tires. :twisted: oh and take it up to the redline as much as possible, so the oil is burnt when the change it, :twisted: and rack up the miles, see if you can get a good 5k on it before you give it back :twisted: :twisted: muhahahaha :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MUHAHAHA Thats what I have been doing!!! Car had 120 miles on it when I got it,,, Now has a little over 2k!! LOL and I discovered this nice little button that disables overdrive,, wow, I had no idea a little 1.5 liter could move so fast!!!! Did I mention I deliver pizza's?
You guys just warm my heart!! Scion salespeople that intentionally screw people wind up being screwed in return with guys who think like you!! I guess someone out there will be messing with the guys I dealt with in the near future messing with their test drive cars. I certainly hope you do get your tC finally because it is a nice ride and after all you have been through you deserve it! Just ignore the lights and indicators and park at the mall parking lots a lot in tight spots. Hey and I know that pizza cheese does smell putrid after being left in the heat and hidden under seats....just something I heard and for your information. That's one xA they will never be able to sell successfully after you are done with it!!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I work at a dealership and even I can agree with what you guys are saying, I understand the frustration you feel.

BTW, that little blue light on the dash is in place of a temp. guage,

Blue=engine not warmed to optimal temp.
Red=you've got problems.

So basically, its really bad to rev the engine hard when the blue light is on, in other words.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member

:D I WIN I WIN I WIN :D

HA HA HA!!! They tried to screw me,, and I won!!!!!!

Mark Poindexter,, (remember him??), called, has the VIN number, and the car has my name on it. I went down to "EVIL LEITH SCION" to verify this,, its true!!! The car isn't on the lot yet,, but should be there any day this week.

So, he wants to talk to me about financing.... A little background: Thai Nguyen, (remember him?,, I dont either) well he "was" my salesperson,, but he hasn't been in the picture since this whole fiasco began (pretty screwed up isn't it?). Well he ran my credit on day 1 and got me "approved" through Southeastern Toyota Financial. He wouldn't give me an interest rate, or any of the terms. But I was "approved".

Now I don't have the best credit in the world, its just so-so. Anyway, Mark Poindexter, tells me that I got approved for 14.5% on a 60 month term with a downpayment of $2550!!!!! My payments would be $375 per month!!! WTF!!!!

Thats much more than the "standard" 10% down that I was prepard for. I did the math,, and it appeared that they wanted me to pay the entire interest amount as my downpayment! I was shocked!! Yes,, to this day this "dealership" continues to shock, horrify, and astound me!! He was looking for a commitment from me, and trying to weasel me into commiting to pay $2000 down, and letting them "hold" a check for the remainder of $550!! (remember what happened last time they held a check for me?) for 30 days.
I told him that I would call him back just as soon as I pulled the money out of my ___.

So I joined a credit union today, which approved me for 10% APR for whatever terms I choose, 48, 60, 72 months,,, with ZERO DOWN!!!!

So my loan officer called Mark Poindexter and asked him for a Buyers Order, and I could tell he was caught off guard by the silence that followed!

I WIN!!!!! No money for them! [b]NO PROFITING OFF OF ME!!!!!!!!!!![/b
Old 10-20-2004, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member

Oh, by the way,, My loan officer thought it was strange that they didn't run my credit app through them,, b/c EVIL LEITH SCION does get a preferred rate through Coastal Federal Credit Union! Funny because,,they could have made some $$ if they had just given me the best deal to start with!! LOL LOL BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :twisted:
Old 10-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Under the Scion covenant, they can't use an outside source to lower your interest rate. The only way they can do that is if you already had a pre-approval from outside, then they can match that rate. Yes, it may sound odd, but its true.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member

FINALLY!!!!!

I have my BEAUTIFUL Azure Pearl, 5-speed!! I kinda feel like Im in shock! It is not only exactly as I ordered it, but having never seen an Azure Pearl tC with my own eyes, I am astounded as to how beautiful this car really is! The only thing I love more than driving this car, is looking at it!!!

OK, so for all of you who are keeping tabs on my ongoing saga, THIS IS THE END!! (I hope)..... But for ____s and giggles, I'll fill you in on the details, b/c I feel like I have recieved such awesome support from every one of you! I really do thank each and everyone who has posted on this thread, your advice was heavily considered, and I have learned alot. I also appreciate everyone who has read this thread, for letting vent, b/c its been really theraputic. And most of all, I hope alot of people continue to read this thread so they can avoid alot of the things that I and others who have posted their stories have been through.

So, Thursday morning I get a wake up call from Mark Poindexter, My car is ready to be picked up!! So, an hour later I show up at Evil Leith Scion ready to buy, all I needed was a Buyers Order, so i could take it down to the nice ladies at Coastal Federal, and get a check cut. I sit down with Mark Poindexter, who goes over a few things with me. He gets up to find out if the finance guy is available, and I see something familiar stacked up in front of me on his desk...... Any one want to take a guess what it was??.... Cmon,, anyone?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was kinda suprised to see that he had in a very large stack, a print out of this very thread!! Yes ladies and gentlemen! Our very words, pics, posts and plots, sitting in color on plain paper! So, on behalf of the members of Scionlife.com, I welcome you Mark Poindexter!

Now, really for the life of me, I cannot fathom what he was attempting to accomplish leaving that stack of papers for me to see, however I was caught off guard. So when he came back, I pretended I didn't see them. We were waiting for the finance dude, and he asks me when I will post in this forum again. That he had been keeping up with this thread, and his GM had been keeping up with it also.

He did seem extremely concerned about what I would post next, and noted that alot of people read these things. He asked me how I felt about my overall experience, an I told him. I told him exactly what I had been saying all along, and that my opinion hadn't changed. That I felt I had been misled, and the worst part was when I felt I had been ignored.

I will say this though, and Mark, you may want to pay attention because this is specifically concerning you;
I genuinly believe Mark Poindexter tried his damndest to satisfy an unsatisfiable customer. Personally he seems like a pretty good guy, (especialy for someone in car sales ) Now I really will never know how difficult it was to get my particular car. It may have been a next to impossible task. And if it was, I really do think he did alot of leg work, and jumped through alot of hoops to get it for me as soon as he could. He knew that his sales person, Thai Nguyen, was not only a complete failure to me, but also the focus of alot of my anger. So Mark not only did all of the legwork, but was my sole contact person, and he made final delivery of my car. For all of this, I must applaud him.

I do feel that the events which occured prior to his entering the picture, had completely, and irrepairably soured my opinion of the dealership. But in the business world, more than any other, the first impression is the one you will always remember!

Thats it folks! I have my car and I couldn't be happier with it,,, well maybe when I put on my springs! lol

And I must explicitly thank everyone here for helping make this possible. Though it wasn't what I had intended, I am pretty sure that this forum was the extra muscle I needed to get my car when I did.

THANK YOU