Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Getting a refund from ZPI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This should be a learning experiance for everyone out there to not ____ your customers off.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
He could have got a certified check in the mail and this would be over by now. End of story.
But now lawyers are involved so it is beyond that point I believe.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI seems ok other then their super slow shipping.

I've been waiting over 2 months for a pulley that I paid for.. The sucky thing is that I put it on my credit card so I'm paying interest for the pulley when I don't even have it.

I have been told "sometime this week" 2-3 times.

I also ordered an ingalls clutch line 2 days after the pulley order.. That product is not on backorder but they decided to wait and send it along with the pulley.. Why? I have no idea. I paid for shipping seperately for the clutch line, so I shouldn't have to wait for it...

Everytime I write them e-mails all I hear is excuses and the issue is never resolved.. I called them once and got the old "sometime this week" explaination.

Personally, I would never order from them again.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THansenite
Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
He could have got a certified check in the mail and this would be over by now. End of story.
But now lawyers are involved so it is beyond that point I believe.

No its not. If he gets his refund there is no need for a lawyer. They have already stated they have not been contacted yet. Certified checks provide protection for everyone.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

Ok, there well be no more bashing this thread well be used to inform ya'll about what we'll happen from here. thank you ya'll for the input but we don't need to bash, I'll just keep ya'll up to date on what goes down from here. but please no more negative posts period. Thanks -
Old 06-14-2006, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
I believe things are being taken out of context here. As soon as we saw this post we admitted to this. We are not liars, nor are we hiding from the fact that we owe this man a refund. The whole intention of my post was to say that and to show that we did indeed owe him the money mentioned.

My comment about the legal counsel was simply to say if you already have one, please tell them to call me and we will make this right. This kind of stuff can be drug out over many years and that is simply not what we want to do. When he stated he already had an attorney working on this situation we would assume since there had been no phone calls in the recent weeks leading up to this post that it was due to the fact that he was advised against it in an attempt for the attorney to collect the money or whatever.

Since this post we have still not been contacted by Mr. Barbagallo or his attorney. We are ready to make this right as it was a mistake on our end. Why do we not call him to arrange this you will ask? Simply because when someone brings an attorney into any business dealings we conduct the business through them. This may be right or wrong but protects all parties involved.

My original post was to do nothing more that agree that we messed up and that we are ready and willing to make it up to him just waiting to see how he wanted to proceed.

Isn't this a claim for $2400? It doesn't take years to resolve a small claims case and regardless, the services of an attorney aren't required to resolve a small claim like this. Besides, you guys are slow. I ordered an intake about 2 weeks ago and still haven't received it. I emailed your shipping department and customer service to find out the status of my order and still haven't even received a response. Regardless, you guys don't even have someone to answer your customer service line and you provide no means of leaving a voice message. In my field I don't take days to call a client back or respond to an email. I don't mean to bash you, but when you state that a product will be delivered in 5 business days of the order, it should get there in that time frame. If not, at least have the courtesy to contact the customer to explain any reasons for the delay.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Wow I just read through this entire thread. Ubelievable.

Good luck to the original poster. Thanks for serving our country on a positive note.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JohnnyBlazed you should look at what the returns on a high yeild money market or credit deposit from your local bank, then figured out what your return would have been while you were waiting for your turbo kit and add that to your claim. It's only fair to you since that cash was in "limbo" it could have been earning interest. Also you should be able to claim your court fees generally only 10-50 bucks but you shouldn't have to pay to get your own money back that you earned while dodging bullets for this country. One last point depending on if it turns out to be a small claim or not if you chose to retain an attorney the party that you are seeking judgement against usually will choose to retain their own counsel and have to compensate them, so maybe you can get this resolved without going that way since it will save both parties a good amount of cash.

ps you got hosed.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To the original poster: I may be the only real attorney here on Scionlife so I will not waste your time with speculation or conjecture. I had previously heard of ZPI's less than stellar business practices so I made an inquiry with the KY Attorney General's office regarding ZPI's corporate status. The KY Attorney General responded: "Zero Point Industries LLC was administratively dissolved on 11/1/05 for
failure to file the 2005 annual verification report. If you have
complaints about this company you would need to contact the Attorney General's office at 502-696-5300." While ZPI's corporate status is not dispositive of the issue at hand, it says a lot about its integrity and will be helpful when it comes time to collect your judgment, should you get there. Pass this info along to your counsel; he/she should know how to proceed.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Juris_Doc
To the original poster: I may be the only real attorney here on Scionlife so I will not waste your time with speculation or conjecture. I had previously heard of ZPI's less than stellar business practices so I made an inquiry with the KY Attorney General's office regarding ZPI's corporate status. The KY Attorney General responded: "Zero Point Industries LLC was administratively dissolved on 11/1/05 for
complaints about this company you would need to contact the Attorney General's office at 502-696-5300." While ZPI's corporate status is not dispositive of the issue at hand, it says a lot about its integrity and will be helpful when it comes time to collect your judgment, should you get there. Pass this info along to your counsel; he/she should know how to proceed.
well i'd say that just about covers it.....
Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Juris_Doc

WOW that says allot right there!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^as i said before, i think that just about covers it.....
Old 06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I understand the orignial posters frustration. I too would be frustrated, and would have more than likely seeked the same route that he choose. As much as I support ZPI, I will not make excuses or try to justify why it would take them that long. All I can do is hope that your issue would be resovled in an orderly fashion.

With that said, **** happens. All I know is that when it comes to purchases from ZPI, our car would not be what it is today if it were not for Kenny's generosity.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good point zer0
Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what a wonderful way to treat a customer. Weak, real weak.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member

Ok, welll first of all. YA"LL SUCK... heh I been away for what 2 days and ya'll jack this thread into a bashing match. We know the facts. The few people that run the company seem decent, never got roudy with me. BUT it's a business and there ethics suck. I'd like to remind people, just stop bashing it really won't get know where.

Second, I want this thread to keep you updated on the actions I'm taking since ZPI won't own up. Oh ya and to thank the posters for the advice I have gotten into taking certain routes.

I finally had time to go to the bank today and I found out somthing new... instead of the 2400 it was suppose to be, they charged be 2500... heh ( if you want proof just ask) I don't make claims only facts. Second you ask why I never knew befor.. well I was in another country limited to such resources.. Umm I also left a message with KY's atterny general and I did file a claim VIA my bank. plus I got certified docs from the bank. Soo far thats what I'm working with, umm it'll take aprox 2 weeks befor the people from the bank call me back, and I'll take it from there. I've called ZPI
4 times and left 2 messages since this thread began. Anyway thanks for the support STOP BASHING, it's th same ____ over and over, like I said simple facts Lets not get into it too deep.

Johnny B -
Old 06-19-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Any update?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-
Any update?
They aren't back in the office till tomorrow, then I'm sure the barrage of calls will commense.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by cz3ch
Originally Posted by -Keith-
Any update?
They aren't back in the office till tomorrow, then I'm sure the barrage of calls will commense.

Thats gonna suck...Im sure the last thing Kenny wants to deal with is irrate customers after his honeymoon. Ohh well, you make your bed you gotta lie in it I guess.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazed
double I have a pully do you want it... they gave me it for waiting even tho I told em not too I just wanted my dam money... lol, I don't need it. just priv msg me. (prolly gave me it thinking it would cover the extra hundred they pulled from my account.
So did they fix your situation?

Quick Reply: Getting a refund from ZPI...