Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

HIDXTRA HID conversion kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't believe how many people are having issues with these kits lately. I think they should change the wording on their site that these kits never flicker and are high quality. They appear to be junk according to those who bought them.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I've had two defective ballasts since I've bought them. I'm on my second shipment of replacements hopefully I'll have a full set of working HIDs.

Update: Finally got a new ballast, works fine. The customer service was quite good. Responses from email within 24 hours. Not 100% sure if I'd order from them again, but the customer service was really good.

Last edited by WangeR; 05-09-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 AM

Thumbs down

I have bought three of these kits and all of them stopped working after a few months or so, two kits of which were installed on my 05 Tc and another on a 99 Integra I was almost thinking about purchasing one for my 2011 Xb...but seeing that this kit might blow as well I said forget about it.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my brother needed an HID kit so i told him about HIDXTRA... he bought a set and the lights were flickering like crazy.
couple of months passed by i needed a set so i bought 1 WITH the harness for the battery.
no flickering but if i start my car with the lights ON then both sides starts flashing and one of them turns off ALWAYS((

yes i do know how to connect them. my oem harnesses are in good condition too. I have an 05 tc.
My old HID kit worked PERFECTLY for almost 4 years! ( i had the ones that oznium were selling back then!)
Old 06-12-2011, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the silver, normal ballasts. And forget to say that either side would shut off after flashing a couple of times. So i dont think changing the bulbs would make any difference. Maybe removing the relay harness would help..... but thats not why i spent the extra money!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just wanted to provide an update on mine. I purchased my first kit for my lowbeams on my 08 xB almost 2 years ago and my warranty is almost up.

I have had no ballast issues, but I did have 1 bulb die. After contacting HIDextra, I got a response back within 24 hours, followed the warranty process, and was okay from there.

I bought my second kit for my fog lights about 6 months ago and it is still going fine with no problems.

Very satisfied customer due to great customer service, effective response, and no hassle! Definitely will buy from again.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my VRD fog / passenger side just went out lasted about a year or so

also FYI, most issues resolved under warranty but it is a pain to have to take off my bumper every few months to replace ballasts

this is what I posted on the HIDextra Forum/ please note that most have been resolved under warranty IF still valid:

1. Order #17216 - Placed on August 8, 2011 - 9004 Hi/Lo-5000K Automobile Xenon HID Conversion Kit for a 1990 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon SE -
Both low beams work fine, when you flash the high beams, or just turn on the high beams, and return back to low beam, the low beams completely turn off. The car needs to be re-started for it to work properly.

What could be the issue?

2. Order #6643 - Placed on May 14, 2010 - lights burnt out within a year.

3. Order #10849 - Placed on September 10, 2010 - lights burnt out within a year

4. Order #13684 - Placed on December 31, 2010 - 008 Toyota Yaris (sedan) high/low beam headlamp 9003/HB2 5000K lights flicker, then turn off, recently started doing this. once they turn off, it takes a while from them to turn back on. High beams work fine.

also - 2nd part of order was a set of 3000K 9006 bulbs for my fog lights (please note I have the VRD fogs and OEM scion TC fogs, both running, functioning and working at the same time) The passenger side bulb is burnt out.

5. Order #15340 - Placed on March 25, 2011 - 9007 5K kit Slim matte black kept blowing fuses had to buy a regular set (exchange was done through warranty) no further action needed on this.

6. Order #15719 - Placed on April 20, 2011 - bought 2 pairs of 9006 bulbs since the other ones kept burning out (see orders above)

7. Order #17239 - fog light bulbs for a 2009 Honda accord coupe, driver side bulb is bluish than the passenger, using relay harness.

These are my questions:
I have spent over 600.00 in HID kits from your company. What can you do to help with the issues above. When responding please respond with the number of the issue you are referring to.

I would not mind re-buying another 4 sets to replace all the bad ones I received, specially when the warranty requires you to remove the bulb/ballast then cut at certain locations, and with my car, all the ballast are hidden, so do process a claim through the warranty I would have to remove my bumper, but wires, send pics, re-install the bumper, wait 10 days, receive items, remove bumper, install items, re-install items, wait 6 months for them to burn out again and repeat the process. What can you do for me, or how can you help me with the above issues.

SORRY for the long post, but I have bought over 12 HID sets from you guys, and mostly to replace other sets that have burnt out, specially because your warranty procedures puts the consumer at a disadvantage.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Sponsor
SL Member

Default HID

Hello,

Please know that for replacement issues. Please email help@hidsupport.com It automatically directs to our RMA department.

And also for our warranty, covers product for 1 year after purchase date.

We will definitely help you with your replacements.

And..

HIDEXTRA BLACK FRIDAY SALE! 11/25-11/28
50% OFF ALL HID KITS, STARTING AT $29.99 SHIPPED.
NO COUPON NEEDED. BEST DEAL OF THE YEAR. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 AM

I just received my kit from the cyber Monday sale and as I look at more forums and pictures, I think i've received the wrong bulbs! My order number is 19580 and I was suppose to get 35w 5000k H11s, but they look like 6000k or even 8000k!! They are very dim at night and especially in the rain and light snow we had today!Here's a pic of them installed.

Name:  f75847f3.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  73.1 KB
Old 12-08-2011, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still waiting for my order from the Cyber Monday sale to arrive. It said shipped the next day(Nov. 29), now over a week still no show.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by dropzone
I'm still waiting for my order from the Cyber Monday sale to arrive. It said shipped the next day(Nov. 29), now over a week still no show.
I was worried too even though I received a tracking number 2 days later, which only starting working that Friday because thats when they actually shipped it out. I did receive it Monday and I live in Pennsylvania. I would contact them and check on that!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought a pair of HID Bulbs from here....We shall see how long they last.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM

I have also bought a set from the Black Friday Sale and installed it. It flickered from Day1. I emailed them and they did respond in 24hrs. They apologized for the problem and suggested trying a relay harness(which they are sending) for my h11 6000k. Im super happy with the color and visibility while driving. Im just not satisfied with the flickering. I dont know what the relay harness will do but what ever it does I hope it gets rid of the flickering.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:31 AM

Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Your pic isn't showing. Also which kit did you get, the regular 35W, 55W, or matte black slim?

I ordered the matte black slim with relay harness, H3 in 3000K color for the foglights, and also a pair of 5000K bulbs(H3 size).
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 AM

35W H11 6000k Regular ballast(silver) So please tell me if i missed anything or flubbed on the install. First removed the stock bulb,then replaced the HID ulb to the wire and then the wire to the ballast. Same thing on the other side. I did not use the other wires that they had sent. I thought they were to hook up the Hi beam. Does anyone know what those wires are for? It was black and red also. About 6 inches long and I had two of them in the kit? d have to switch the polarity on both sides to make it work. I flipped the switch and boom they both came on but then I noticed they were flickering an little bit on the passanger side and then a slight flicker on the driver side.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cement_11s
I just received my kit from the cyber Monday sale and as I look at more forums and pictures, I think i've received the wrong bulbs! My order number is 19580 and I was suppose to get 35w 5000k H11s, but they look like 6000k or even 8000k!! They are very dim at night and especially in the rain and light snow we had today!Here's a pic of them installed.

iPhone vs. D90, respectively...

Name:  DSC_0971.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  23.9 KB
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 AM

Yeah those do not look like 5000k. I am currently waiting for the relay harness to try and get rid of the flickering. Hope it works.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sikjitz
Yeah those do not look like 5000k. I am currently waiting for the relay harness to try and get rid of the flickering. Hope it works.
I noticed some flickering in the passenger side, but I turned the lights off and on and it went away. So hopefully it doesn't become an issue. Can you try to post another pic of your 6000k. I want see how similar they look!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sikjitz
35W H11 6000k Regular ballast(silver) So please tell me if i missed anything or flubbed on the install. First removed the stock bulb,then replaced the HID ulb to the wire and then the wire to the ballast. Same thing on the other side. I did not use the other wires that they had sent. I thought they were to hook up the Hi beam. Does anyone know what those wires are for? It was black and red also. About 6 inches long and I had two of them in the kit? d have to switch the polarity on both sides to make it work. I flipped the switch and boom they both came on but then I noticed they were flickering an little bit on the passanger side and then a slight flicker on the driver side.
Those are 6 inch extensions, but they are useless because you don't have an extender for the third wire so what's the point of even including them!

Quick Reply: HIDXTRA HID conversion kit Review