Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Hotchkis Tuning Rocks My Socks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Hotchkis Tuning Rocks My Socks!

Alright, I don't usually post reviews about a company, because if they do well, their business should do well on it's own, but I don't mind recommending a good company if someone happens to be in the market for what they offer.

Now, I bought a Hotchkis front sway bar usedoff a guy, and it wasn't in the best of condition and it unfortunately didn't come with any mounting hardware. I contacted Hotchkis to get replacements, and immediately got in touch with someone from their Tech department. They were extremely knowledgeable and after a few minutes of conversation, not only did they find the hardware and the small price it would cost, but they found out that I had an "older swaybar" that since they have made a revision on, and in some cases it can slide a bit and rub against something. So they sent an RMA number to have the old, used one sent back, and replace it with a brand new bar, at no charge. I shipped it out and it got there in just over a week. I called them to make sure they got it, and they sent out the new bar the following monday. I called them the middle of the week to check on it and again, got in touch with the same person who remembered me, and he gave me the tracking number and let me know it would be there within a few days.

I then asked about purchasing a rear bar seperately, but since they only sell it as a package, he would do some hunting and try and get something worked out for me. Well he called me the next day and let me know they can go ahead and get the rear bar sent out, and as it turns out, it would be under half what the package retails for, way under. I called him the end of that week to check the status of it, and unfortunately he had to go get 2 wisdom teeth ripped out, but I spoke to someone else who spent the time to listen to what's been going on and get acquainted with my account info, and appologized but they had just got done doing inventory and my shipment slipped through the cracks.... Well, he ended up getting it sent out that day, and called me with the tracking number.

I've already received the revised bar and hardware, and it's brand new, the rear bar should be here tomorrow.

Regardless of the mistake where they forgot to ship the bar for 2 days, they immediately corrected the issue, and were more than willing to do whatever it took to satisfy me. Every person I spoke to had that sense of care about them, and were more than willing to take the time to make sure things were done right. I'll be a returning customer for every part I need that they make, and anyone who's in the market for suspension products should give them a call. Springs, Sway Bars, Camber Plates, etc - www.hotchkistuning.com
Old 07-30-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought mine used as well, they sent me the install kit but missed the 3/8 washers...

So then they sent me 2 washers, but was charged 6.95 for shipping...
The washers were only 20cents and should have been with the first shipment...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup, they're definitely reputable in my books, as Scion had chosen them as an OEM supplier for front strut bars.
also, they've been reviewed by SCC magazine, so no fooling around there.