Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

I *explative* HATE CAR SALESMEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It wasn't a $4000 bank fee, it was a, "I can't believe you were trying to sell the car for 15500, because we could have taken her for a lot more dough fee" When you weren't going to pay the extra dough, they had no interest in selling the car to you.

You went through their secondary credit channel. Secondary credit sales are the most shady of all car sales. When you are forced to go this route to get a car, they don't charge you what you are willing to pay, they charge what the banks are willing to pay, and then usually whatever they can pull out of you for a down payment. The NADA for a tC could easily be rigged to show 19k or so, and that's what they were going to get you funded for.

It's a good thing you bailed on the deal. You would have never had any equity on that car, and it could have dug you a bigger hole than your youthful indescretions dug for you. Take a few steps back and take in what you learned from this ordeal, and remember, you always have the option of getting out of the seat, and leaving.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, that sucks. good luck. hopefully scion corporate pwns that stealership.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member

When Ihad to call scion corporate on my dealer they were very good about keeping in touch. Their initial callback was within 48 hours as promised. Great folks to work with. Good luck, maybe you can work with another dealer. I used to do 911/TTY/Law dispatch too.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CrimiNole03
I used to do 911/TTY/Law dispatch too.
That's cool... what made ya get out of that???

HOPEFULLY someone (another dealership) will have good news for me tomorrow... I'm rather bummed out at the moment
Old 05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member

I hear you I hear you, damn. I would have just turned away and walk out on them. The worst one here in FL is David Maus Toyota. I did walk out on them and they hated it

Two different sales reps lied to my face twice. They changed the price and fees twice. They did not know that my husband worked for TMC for 7 years and he knows all the inside tricks bad dealers do here in the US. People report those issues to Southeast Toyota CS, Southeast to TMS and TMS to TMC when they are real "screwups".

Next time walk out on them I bet there are several better sales people/dealers in your area.

But I am glad you were able to get your ride.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I *explative* HATE CAR SALESMEN!!!

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
So Friday, I go to get the paperwork, sign my half and bring it down to my dad's in Virginia on Sunday to have him sign the other half. While we're going through the paperwork, I notice on TWO papers, they have the car listed as $19,500 approx. I stop in my tracks, and ask the salesman "What's up with this saying the car is almost $4,000 more than what you showed me it is?" After saying "ummmmm" and fumbling through some papers for a few minutes, he goes "OH! That's an extra $4,000 bank fee that the BANK charges for people with high risk credit". I go "ummm... why wasn't this disclosed to me beforehand?" He said they did tell me about it... which they did NOT. Whatever, I had to get to work. I take my papers....
This part of the story sums up the mistake you made.

Until they work out all the numbers you should never sign anything, and you should never drive off the lot in the car until you know exactly what you're paying.

They pressure you to sign and drive away because they know that most people will go show everyone the new car they bought, and once you discover that you've been ripped off, you'd rather just pay it than look stupid by giving the car back.

I'm just glad you got your $1,000 back! You're smart for reading the entire contract font and back, just next time, do that BEFORE you sign and drive away. If the numbers don't match what they promised, don't do it!

Post pics when you get that BRAND NEW tC! Screw that dealer and their stupid used tC!

-THE DON
Old 05-04-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great job!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HOPEFULLY someone (another dealership) will have good news for me tomorrow... I'm rather bummed out at the moment
In the meantime you might consider getting your own loan lined up from your bank or another lender instead of using the dealer's financing. They should be able to at least match that astronomical rate you were offered, and they can probably beat it. And the chances of getting the run-around are a lot less.

Plus, it really cheeses the finance guys when you have financing already lined up, and what could be better than that?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dealers like this makes us good guys look like crap. Im glad you got everything straigtened out. If you were close to NY I would tell you to come on by cause we have a bunch here on ground and about 25 others allocated.
Side note:We finally just got our first blue blitz in and that thing is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Old 05-05-2006, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

If you really want a new one, don't give up.

I've learned along the way that the best time to swing by a dealership is at the end of the month when they're trying to hit their quotas. Also, its best to go when demand is low, so go on a quiet weekday an hour before they close. I'm sure everyone will be more apt to help you, especially if it was a "slow" day. There are usually plenty of salespeople desparate to close a deal especially if they've been there for 10 hours w/out a sale. Heck, that's what I did.

Good luck and I hope you get your new scion!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Dealers like this makes us good guys look like crap. Im glad you got everything straigtened out. If you were close to NY I would tell you to come on by cause we have a bunch here on ground and about 25 others allocated.
Side note:We finally just got our first blue blitz in and that thing is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Heh... if you can find me financing I'll drive up to New York to pick one up!!!

That's the spot I'm at now... I'm having a helluva time finding financing. And I'm soooo stressed out over the whole thing I just want to give up. I really don't know what else to do... or what else to try. The whole idea was getting out of a car that was always breaking down on me to get into something reliable and nice to get me back and forth to work. I'll only have a car to drive (switching between my mom's and sister's... but I'm SOL after the third week of May... no car... will lose my job.

I don't want to give up, but I'm running out of options at this point... and about ready to.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member

i would've been stuck in the comm center forever, slim chance of going on the road there. So I got into another aspect of the law ;)
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would've been stuck in the comm center forever, slim chance of going on the road there. So I got into another aspect of the law ;)
That's cool. Our turnover rate is high, so there is opportunities for advancement, but I also got accepted into Penn State, and while I'd love to be a police officer, my knee is messed up, so I am going to look into taking part time classes so the opportunity is there to move into another department if I wish. ;)

Scion did call me back, but apparently the first lady I talked to didn't mention to the "caseworker" type person that it was used, so they can't do anything. BUT the "caseworker" did tell me that she did call that dealership, and they told her the reason they "bought back" the vehicle was because I didn't produce the proper paperwork, which was TOTAL BS!!! Scion can't do anything.

However, while calling my bank, the loan officer I talked to listened to what I had to say, and mentioned that he has REALLY good buddies in higher places, placed a call, I explained to the guy what happened, and he's going to THE head honcho and explaining the situation, and they're going to try to rectify what happened. He was not happy about that at all.

So still no car, but I should know something Monday I hope.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default Report them big time

I'm late reading this post, but I used to live in Virginia and the state Attorney General's office there takes a very dim view of businesses that try to take advantage of consumers. (In fact most state Attorney General's offices do.) They thought they saw an opportunity and went for it. I am certain that given the amount of the fee involved the AG will investigate to see how many other people have been victimized.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well my dumb self didn't make copies of the paperwork before I went in, and they destroyed the paperwork, so I didn't have anything on them

But good news, I got a NEW tC with a lower interest rate for way less
Old 07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Report them big time

Glad to hear it worked out in the end!!!!

Consider sending a letter anyway. They'll send someone in to buy a car under the same circumstances and see what happens. Don't let them get a way with doing this to someone who isn't as intelligent as you were.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man that is not good... I hope everything got solved. And it is not the first time I have read about the bad salesmen at David Maus Toyota in Longwood, Florida, yeah they are kind of tricky there too.

good luck
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

That is a rough story. I'm sorry you had to come into contact with a dealer like that. I hope they get what they deserve. I'm glad you could finally get into the car. Enjoy the car and remember, what goes around...comes around.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hehe well instead of a 2005, I got into a brand new one Lower interest rate, WONDERFUL sales people... I didn't even feel like I was at a dealership.

If anyone is near MD, go to Bill Kidd's Toyota/Scion in Cockeysville MD.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Posted: 5/4/06 4:10PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear you I hear you, damn. I would have just turned away and walk out on them. The worst one here in FL is David Maus Toyota. I did walk out on them and they hated it

Two different sales reps lied to my face twice. They changed the price and fees twice. They did not know that my husband worked for TMC for 7 years and he knows all the inside tricks bad dealers do here in the US. People report those issues to Southeast Toyota CS, Southeast to TMS and TMS to TMC when they are real "screwups".

Next time walk out on them I bet there are several better sales people/dealers in your area.

But I am glad you were able to get your ride.
A mere coincidence that the topic was the same while surfing the site today. I do not know what is wrong with those guys, we were just talking about a "shady" treatment at a dealer and a lady from Orlando called a local radio station all mad at the dealer salesman and her bad experience at David Maus Toyota. We were lol since, it was funny that we had just read the post quote above... so here you go. Anyway, There are good and there are bad, just shop around... good thing you got yours OK

Quick Reply: I *explative* HATE CAR SALESMEN!!!