Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

ilovebodykits.com...continued

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 AM

Default ilovebodykits.com...continued

Their Advertised Intake:

My Received Intake

Okay, so when all this started was Aug 29th....I sent them an email on Sept 2nd asking why the order had not shipped out yet (3 business days to ship an order, kinda SLOW if you asked me). I receive an email back saying that it had shipped and I would receive a tracking number that day...well, I didn't so I emailed again. And finally (as if reluctantly) I received an email stating, "This item shipped out Tuesday and you will be receiving it in a few days"...TWO DAYS later I get the tracking number.....wow, talk about SLOW!!

Ten days later I get around to installing it and find that it is nothing like the one I ordered as you can see...So check this out he replies back to me Sept 16th asking for pics of my intake...I reply back with those pics the next day I don't here of them at ALL so on the 19th I send another email saying "Hay what's up??"....AGAIN I hear nothing....The 22nd I send another more 'choice' email...asking if I should return the intake and them send me the right one....on a forum, he responds as to why I got the wrong intake...He sends me an email on the 22nd stating to RMA the intake back....I reply, "Are you going to exchange it or refund my money which is it?" and now it's Sept. 24th....and wouldn't you know it...haven't heard anything (NOTE: I even replied 10 minutes after he sent me the message) So since I ordered this has been going on for almost a month......

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS....

Yes, I going to keep the intake....I'd probably never see my refund anyway....I'd hate to lose my money and an intake at least I can get something for the intake on ebay.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Yikes, crappy looking intake too... Sorry to hear, but thanks for the heads up. Nice to have people report these things, much appreciated.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered from them some side skirts for the Tc. They were advertised
as in stock but after waiting a few days I discovered that was not true.

What really bothered me was how fast they charged the CC without
knowing when and if these parts would be available through whatever
dealer (or manufacturer) they are in league with.

About two weeks after I placed the order they arrived, well-packed,
and in relatively good condition.

Depending on the part, I would consider them again but less likely I would
close a purchase.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, I forgot to add that their prices are not terribly competitive. Owing entirely to
my poor price shopping skills, I later discovered the same side skirts for about 75.00
less.

The higher price may indicate they don't keep enough stock on hand of the various
parts they advertise. They save on real estate and shipping costs by being a middle
man operation in a tiny office. They guys we email have no more knowledge about
these parts availability than we do, because they have to inquire and wait for
responses - like we do, lol.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

K so I read your other thread too. I understand you're frustrated with what you got, however:

It is NOT unusual for a company to have a 5-7 day lead time. So they get busy, something happens at the factory, whatever, they cover their a$$ hope to under-promise, over-deliver. We did that frequently when I worked for a distributor. Depending on your location and how it shipped (I'm assuming UPS or Fed Ex), 4 days to ship is not that bad if it's a long distance. I live 2000 miles from Florida and it took Fex Ex like, 6 days to get my rims to me.

So in that aspect, unless it said point-blank on their website that they have something akin to "2-3 day lead time", you have no reason to whine about that.

BUUUUUT like I said, it sucks you didn't get what you thought you were getting. It sucks that they're taking so long to respond. Been there, and it bloooows!