Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

LEDMODS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default LEDMODS

I have heard many things on swappers . This guy is offering 40% off . Hmmm . Last I read though , not too many people were happy with service . Any comments ? Not bashing as I am just curious . There are many in here . I know he used to post quite a bit but , as of late , I have seen nothing from him . Comments ?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i think his discount ended the end of may...

even with his discount his price was about what everyone else charges...
Old 06-30-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have seen a variation in what some charge . Anyone that knows Jeremy knows HE is the real deal . That guy is awesome . And 05 TRD TC is good as well . At least with the TBL and side markers . Thanks for the info . I was just curious about his customer service as some here did not have the best working relationship with him .
Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This thread MUST be moved...
Old 06-30-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sheesh . Whatever dude ! I thought it had to do with interior . Move it then . Let me know to where . Maybe wheels and tires ?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by falkor
Maybe wheels and tires ?
how about buyer/seller experience with all the other threads on him?

and just for the record this is about ledmods.net.... not .com right? they are 2 different people...
Old 06-30-2007, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks orangesuburban . I appreciate the info instead of the simple same old bs . I will check it out
Old 06-30-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i recommend trung aka squallheart too :D
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want the real deal and great service, then go to Jeremy (Garage1217), Trung (squallheart), or Engifineer. These guys all back their work to the highest quality and test them before shipping. Pick one of these three swappers above. There are others here that swap like me, but most of us dont do shipment ones like they do. I personally recommend Jeremy since he is the only one i've actually done business with a few times. He's the man and hooked me up everytime I needed parts for projects. Good Luck
Old 06-30-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks for the good words. Trung and Jeremy also do high quality work and back thier stuff. As a rule of thumb, you should start thinking around $100 or so for a basic swap (gauges and hvac together), climbing from there depending on the work they do. I dont pay to advertise, so I wont say anything about mine (I also only take a few here and there these days due to time restrictions) but those prices should give you a basic idea of what you should expect. I have heard of people paying well over $300, which amazes me. The most complex swap I have done, including the head unit, gauges, hvac and a bunch of extras like colored/backlit needles, etc didnt come even slightly close to that amount, so be careful what you pay and who you use. Also keep in mind that if they break it, you need to be able to trust them to replace/repair what the broke RIGHT AWAY and free of charge. You dont want to have to replace the cluster or hvac on your own.. it gets spendy.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled vacation.... this was my quick catch up on net stuff and run away again day :D
Old 06-30-2007, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there are alot of swappers out there. do a search on your regional thread for swappers. i do a few swaps for the midatlantic but i dont ship.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Thanks for the good words. Trung and Jeremy also do high quality work and back thier stuff. As a rule of thumb, you should start thinking around $100 or so for a basic swap (gauges and hvac together), climbing from there depending on the work they do. I dont pay to advertise, so I wont say anything about mine (I also only take a few here and there these days due to time restrictions) but those prices should give you a basic idea of what you should expect. I have heard of people paying well over $300, which amazes me. The most complex swap I have done, including the head unit, gauges, hvac and a bunch of extras like colored/backlit needles, etc didnt come even slightly close to that amount, so be careful what you pay and who you use. Also keep in mind that if they break it, you need to be able to trust them to replace/repair what the broke RIGHT AWAY and free of charge. You dont want to have to replace the cluster or hvac on your own.. it gets spendy.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled vacation.... this was my quick catch up on net stuff and run away again day :D
He put it best. Engifineer knows his stuff and can be trusted...He's also the one that created the mod for the HVAC board so it wouldn't be dim...Thanks man. He's right on about what he said. Don't pay those high prices, and only trust swappers that test the items before shipping back out and the ones that will replace anything they break. The good swappers here, Garage1217, Engifineer, and Squallheart do their work to high standards of quality and with care for your items.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I just want to say there are some posts regarding my company in the sponsored section. I do provide excellent work, however, I have had a few mishaps (as you may know/may find out). I guarantee all my work unconditionally, so if there are any problems (any at all), I will fix them, but it is hard for me to know if there is a problem unless you let me know.

So if anyone is interested in getting work done by me, rest assured I am a good person to do business with (as most everyone who has done business with me will tell you). I have my prices on my website - www.ledmods.net. I admit they are not the cheapest prices, but is worth the work I do. My methods of conversions are different from other modders, and I feel these are worth the prices I have listed.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, or contact me via any methods on my contact page - www.ledmods.net/contact.html/
Old 06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how are your methods different than others. The other swappers here can do pretty much anything, anyway, and in any color variation.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionJim23
how are your methods different than others. The other swappers here can do pretty much anything, anyway, and in any color variation.
For example, to get blue gauges with white needles, I use blue LED's, and white LED's. For blue gauges with red needles, I use blue LED's and red LED's. White gauges with blue needles, I use white LED's and blue LED's. etc...

You are correct that they can do pretty much anything, but this is how I do this differently.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, mine are separate leds, on separate circuits from the other lighting, and are mounted on boards solidly attached to the bezel on the gauges so that they are the only light reaching the needles. . No relocated leds or anything like that. I also remove ALL old solder and use new (the correct way to do it), clean all boards and connections with alcohol before a full bench test, etc. Colored vinyl is only used when different parts of the gauge face itself needs to be a different color, in which case that is the only good way to do it. So dont insinuate that your prices reflect "better" work than the rest of us in any way.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree^^^^^^^ Couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul does great work, haven't had a problem with them, great customer service and lifetime warranty, can't beat that..
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Im sure he does great work but I've never done business with him and the last bunch of people that had their gauges done had nothing but problems and were overcharged by him. Most people report having faulty gauges or non working gauges when they received them back from him. One person had a short in theirs due to solder being dropped on another part of the circuit board and another had only half the LEDs lighting up. The person with the short circuit reported trying to get hold of paul for weeks with no luck. Just seems fishy from what most have said. I bet he does do good work, but from what I've heard and seen, some of these swaps were poorly done or rushed. Don't mean to hate on ya, but im just stating what others have claimed man. I've got nothing against ya bro.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LEDmod.com is Sean. He can do the center tach conversion and the LED. He is well Reguarded by SquallHeart (the reason why i went with him. If Trung trust someone to do LED work, hes good to go. Hes also highly reguarded in the celica community. Hes doing my center conversion, and LED swap in my instrument cluster right now. Should have it back within the next couple days. Damn shipping.

Squall, Engifineer, Jeremy (garage1217), 05_TRD are all great to go with. IF you want to have the job done right and with quality, go with one of the LED heads here on Scion Life, or Sean from www.ledmod.com You will be pleased with them. If you do it yourself and want to ask questions or get stuck on something, those folks i listed will answer anything you ask as soon as they can. They will help you in any way possible.

As for www.ledmods.net (Paul) Use him at your own risk..... He might be 40% off, but thats for a good reason (lack of good referrals.....). Theres many threads about many irate customers. If you live around him, itll get done. If you send anything to him, you do so at your own risk....... me personally there are too many other people who do LED swaps with a great reputation to give paul the benefit of the doubt to save a few dollars.

Quick Reply: LEDMODS