Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Not pleased with SoFloTC...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Thumbs down Not pleased with SoFloTC...

Basically i bought a manifold from him last month for $50.
He only disclosed one crack on the square where the turbo connects to it. When recieved nd upon close inspection my brother discovered 1" crack on the underside of one of the runners. In addition when email about it SoFlo never responded, i was not even asking for return or anything like that i was just letting him know to be more honest next time with more important stuff.

$50 is not a big deal, for me its a principle of honesty, i can fix that manifold but what if i had to pay someone to do it ? that means i would have spent more money then originally anticipated. Again, going back to the honesty thing.

thants my experience and i decided to share it with you guys so if you are dealing with him, MAKE SURE to ask ALOT of questions and pics of everything you want.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people need to be honest when selling items. hope things work out
Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

I bought an HKS SSQV off him a while ago and it was a horrible experience. He was slow to respond to email or PM and the part took forever to get to me. When it did arrive it was beat to hell and missing the c-clip, seal and insert. He finally sent the insert but I had to buy the seal and c-clip separately and repaint the entire thing. ...which ended up costing me total just as much as buying the same bov new on ebay would have.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should call his mom and tell her she raised a liar! call paul at dezod, he might still have it.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wasn't going to say anything but I got some engine parts from him and it took several months to receive anything... Then when I got the parts I found they were damaged. Not a huge deal since I was planning on taking everything to a machine shop anyways but it ended up being touch and go there for a while since the machine shop said they were most likely unusable. Ended up not being smashed but the machine shop still has to test them a bit more before they give me a final verdict.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah i had some trouble getting the gauges i bought off of him. Had to wait a whole week for an install because i didnt get some of the parts, and the boost gauge is cracked but still functional.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

WOW i'm honestly shocked that there is actually several people being upset with this guy..

Lets not have this " i wasn't going to say anything " mentality, as in my opinion you guys and i paid him in real money not 50% of them ripped or 50% of them in canadian dollars so everyone should get 100% of what they are paying for!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it woulda been alot easier if my car wasnt 3 hours away. eminem it took u a week to recieve gauges... big ____ing deal.. normal ups is 3-4 days stop crying. and i gave u EVERYTHING my car had to make these work. my head was in the machine shop i told you that and it had the oil unit on it and u said ok. and i never send u a boost gauge so lol? i sent u a boost controller and oil pressure. you people got your items and u got them cheap as ____. my ____ing 6 grand motor blew up stfu, u got ur items. Wow there was a hairline crack i didnt see on the mani? im sorry i dont have perfect eyesight on a BLACK COATED manifold. IT WAS 50 ____ING DOLLARS. and Hix i sent you the items i was TOLD they were in good condition and usable. hell they are usable rods are in perfect condition wow there scratched? lol o noes. k thx.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea i ordered some male sex mag's from soflo took a week to get here! and all the page's stuck together WTH!!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahaha lmfaoooo!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Chad, it's pretty pointless defending yourself here. No one cares if your "6 grand" motor blew.

The fact of the matter is you sold parts and didn't describe them accurately. If you had sold them on eBay, your PayPal account balance would be negative from all the complaints and chargebacks. Luckily, for you, items sold outside of eBay can't have claims filed against them for not being as described. Take some responsibility, it would be different if you gave the items away for free but you didn't, so the amount you sold them for as it equates to their functionality is irrelevant.

I'm sure Yev wouldn't have bought the mani if you told him it was cracked, it costs more to fix than you sold it to him for. Hix, wouldn't have bought your engine parts had he known 50% of them were unusable. The other guy wouldn't have bought your BOV had you told him all the parts that come with it would be missing.

It isn't like they bought parts from you and they weren't compatible with their setup, that would be the buyers fault, but clearly you didn't describe the problems in enough detail to your buyers. I'm glad you don't run a shop, you would be out of business.

You post, cursing like a sailor, as if anyone cares, there's a content filter, no one cares. Yev, clearly isn't the outlier here.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

but honestly if no one care's then why make a thread ?.. someone has to care or this thread would have never came to be u kno?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Who said no one cares? I certainly didn't say that. I said no one cares if his motor blew and if he curses like a sailor, that isn't doing anything to anyone here. Obviously people care about receiving items they paid for in the condition that they were described which didn't happen here. So i'm not sure where your post is coming from.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My point was that it was over a week. I accurately reviewed the sale, it was not satisfactory enough for me to buy from u again. End of story.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hey chad would you like to repete exactly what you told kyle about what happend to your 6g engine when you sold him those rods?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i think something happened to his piston not his ron i think im not 100%
Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm crush my motor blew because of bad head clearances lol.. no damage to the rods or cylinderwalls whatsoever.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and ecko he bought the mani knowing it was cracked so get ur info straight... what i didnt tell him was there was another hairline crack which i was unaware of. all me and him were aware of was the main crack on the flange.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool nobody cares if u wanna buy from me again lol.. i didnt have the car in my possession. People will continue to buy from me cause i sell crackhead deals. end of thread. peace.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all the parts i sold hix are reusable. crush is just a baby and whines over everything.. wow u had to take the parts to a machine shop... WHICH YOU SHOULDA DONE EITHER WAY big deal lol.. i woulda thrown those rods right back in my car and pushed 450+ on them no problem.

Quick Reply: Not pleased with SoFloTC...