Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com

Mike (exige / tC_skier),

I am very sorry about the trouble you have had with the HID kit you bought last year from our ScionLife group buy.

From what I understand, you spoke with Max this morning on the phone and he agreed to send you a replacement HID bulb for free.

Anyways, I want you to be happy.

I will take the following two steps:

1) I will mail you a check for $213.95, the complete order total of the HID kit.
-- You can keep the kit and replacement bulb or toss them. Consider it our gift to you.

2) I've created a special $100.00 discount for your next order.
-- Login to your account and then click on this link: http://www.oznium.com/promo/52Y2EZ

Use it for our new full third brake light, cathodes, or whatever you want. We really hope you will give us another chance.

We want to do the right thing for you, our valued customer. We apologize for disappointing you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Oznium.

Phil Suslow
Owner, Oznium.com

If you ever have trouble, we are here for you.
Toll free: 800-245-8131

----

I hope you find it reasonable that I removed the review since we did in fact send you a replacement bulb.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Open Letter of I'm an @sshole and I'm sorry to a good company

Hey Phil, I'm sorry, I overreacted entirely. I just got ____ed as hell when Max told me I would have to pay for a new bulb when the product failed so shortly after the warranty was up. It just wasn't what I expected. Rough week...midterms...stress just kinda built up. I'm sorry about the rant. I'd be happy to work with you guys again. You guys are awesome. Mike
Old 11-14-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel a group hug coming on!!

I have purchased alot of the stuff from Oznium for myself and others and Ive only had one time were a cathode was broken during shipment and they responded quickly and sent out a replacement! Its great to see a company taking such good care of its customers.. its definately a breath of fresh air in this market

Oznium FTW!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i'm getting choked up here!

it speaks volumes when a company will step up like that to make a customer happy. Glad to see there are still honest, customer-first companies out there.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM
SL Member

word...i've had pretty good experience with oznium when I order from them...

INFERNO KIT FTW!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had my oznium HID kit for over a year now and so far so good. I'd always recommend them over other companies.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know where my hid kit will be coming from...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by sciondrgn
I feel a group hug coming on!!

yep you got it lol, big group hug time. i shouldnt have doubted phil.

regardless, to clear up the story since it seems a bit confusing from the original posts, bulb failed. i called the service line yesterday morning and talked to max. max told me i would have to pay for a new one. when i asked him if they could help me out a little with it (because my warranty had barely been up, and frankly, i expect Oz to stand behind their products for that very small amount of time since warranty ended), i was told i would still have to pay for a new one. at that point i ranted. i was ____ed, i admit it. i acted entirely un-professional. i called max back up later in the afternoon and told him pretty straight up what i thought about the situation and what it's effect would be on me and any future purchases with the company (including a new bulb). at that point max agreed to send a new bulb out. i woke up this morning and had an email in my inbox from Phil, the exact same thing as what he posted in the orignal post. i was a bit surprised to say the least, but Oznium came through on the service end once again. so thank you phil, you're a stand up guy with a good company.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

this why Oznium is all that
Old 11-22-2007, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

daaang I want to buy something from them now, that's really cool that they had your back like that.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That makes not only a good way to return a customer, but also a good PR.
Frankly, out of all products i've bought form oznuim so far a few have failed.. what did oznium do on that part?

not much - just overnighted the failed part, and followed up about a week later if it is ok and is working fine.

If anyone can find same kind of quality service these days.. you better stay in close touch with that company.
Oznuim ftw.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oznium is great. i am a proud supporter of oznium and have been for a few years now ever since i got my xA, and phil has taken care of everything very nicely. he got me the parts i needed for the LED installs right away, even if it meant me harassing him for more heavy duty ties for the underglow haha. i recently had a problem with my HID kit which could have simply been an error, and he took care of it right away making sure i got the replacement parts that i needed. its great to see a company that values the relationships that they have with not only their customers, but scion owners like ourselves. way to go phil and oznium.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just an update here guys....phil sent out the new bulb and it works perfectly. its actually better than the stuff i originally had! my kit finally has the light output id been hoping it would get when i purchased it. i emailed phil simply to ask him if there had been a change in the bulb design since my second bulb was still a bit low on light output. he said there had been no redesign, but offered to send me a new second bulb anyways! this guy is unreal. i'd be happy to work with Phil for all lighting purchases i have. his service is awesome. don't doubt him!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com

Originally Posted by Oznium_com
2) I've created a special $100.00 discount for your next order.
Money talks doesn't it?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

+1 for oznium. i've bought several things from them; every time has been a great buying experience.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a small issue with one of the transformers on my Angel Eyes...called Oznium - they immediately got back to me and without any hesitation or bulls**t, they are sending me a replacement part.

That is top-notch customer service!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:07 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thank you Zero. We are truly sorry for the trouble.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was the right thing for them to do. Congrats on that comeback. Good Luck.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Oznium is amazing.
I never purchased from them directly, icenine did, he is the one that worked on my car as far as leds and cathodes went.
I do have a problem with the part that routes the cathodes to a switch (not exactly sure what its called, but basically i plug the cathodes into this little black box)

I will be placing an order shortly for a new one, and also some more cathodes. I am excited to start business directly with oznium. And its a sigh of relief to hear such great feedback from other scion owners. I will also look into the HID kit because I am a victim of the cheap chinese ebay crap!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

just got more stuff from them and they rock

Quick Reply: Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com