Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

School us on Scion- what you liked and what you didnt! read!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default School us on Scion- what you liked and what you didnt! read!

hey folks

Im a 22 year old University student in Sudbury, Ontario. We dont have any Scion vehiles up here yet but my group and I are doing a marketing project on the whole phenomenon around the marketing and sales efforts for the lineup.

Im wondering if I could ask you all for your opinions, they would help me and my group out a great deal. I have listed the questions we are interested in below, if any of them are relevant to you, please feel free to share your opinions. Any information is great for us. If you feel ambitious or bored, answer them all!!

Thanks in Advance

Justin Pritchard
Denisa Horak
Sheldon Arsenault
Pat Stewart
Josh Gibbons
Julie Pilon

Scion Owner Survey / Focus Group Questionnaire

We are attempting to understand the reasons people choose the Scion over the other big-selling vehicles in its price range. We want to know what sort of things are appealing about the car to its market and learn if Scion has what it takes to survive into the long run. Please feel free to answer any of these questions or add your own information if you wish. Any information is good information! Thanks for your time.

-How important is involvement to the decision for a car? Do you like to walk into the lot
and buy what they have available or do you like to control the process and have choice?

-What about Customization? Innovative features? (things decides the "standard standard features")

-Does your car express “who you are” to your peers? Does the Scion let you do this? Or did you choose it for a bigger reason?

-Variation- the models are different but under the same umbrella of a low-cost, unique
and fun vehicle. Why did you choose the one you did?

-What would be your reaction to the following:
“A small, recent survey asked participants from a website for auto enthusiasts to name three “boring” car companies. Almost 100 people replied and Toyota came up in about half of the replies.”

-Car shopping can be a horrible and stressful experience. What did you like / dislike
about the Scion shopping experience?

-What is the best thing about the Scion lineup?

-Does the Scion meet possible needs of your lifestyle that other cars couldn’t? (ie do you like to go camping, and you feel the Scion best suits your needs in a vehicle that can satisfy your need for cargo space and “toughness” without resorting to an SUV?)

-Any other comments or information you’d like to share about the Scion experience?

Thanks for your Time again folks, we really appreciate this.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: School us on Scion- what you liked and what you didnt! r

Originally Posted by SciCurious
hey folks

Im a 22 year old University student in Sudbury, Ontario. We dont have any Scion vehiles up here yet but my group and I are doing a marketing project on the whole phenomenon around the marketing and sales efforts for the lineup.

Im wondering if I could ask you all for your opinions, they would help me and my group out a great deal. I have listed the questions we are interested in below, if any of them are relevant to you, please feel free to share your opinions. Any information is great for us. If you feel ambitious or bored, answer them all!!

Thanks in Advance

Justin Pritchard
Denisa Horak
Sheldon Arsenault
Pat Stewart
Josh Gibbons
Julie Pilon

Scion Owner Survey / Focus Group Questionnaire

We are attempting to understand the reasons people choose the Scion over the other big-selling vehicles in its price range.

Ummm, because nobody else imports their "box" car?

We want to know what sort of things are appealing about the car to its market and learn if Scion has what it takes to survive into the long run. Please feel free to answer any of these questions or add your own information if you wish. Any information is good information! Thanks for your time.

-How important is involvement to the decision for a car? Do you like to walk into the lot
and buy what they have available or do you like to control the process and have choice?

Choice is good.

-What about Customization? Innovative features? (things decides the "standard standard features")

The ability to customize is important. Unfortunately, most of the supposed "customization" on a Scion is bling. For example, if they really intended to have a roof rack option, why didn't Toyota put hard points in the roof structure?

-Does your car express “who you are” to your peers? Does the Scion let you do this? Or did you choose it for a bigger reason?

I chose it because it has the function I need. I don't see it as a reflection of my personality or a manhood extension.

-Variation- the models are different but under the same umbrella of a low-cost, unique
and fun vehicle. Why did you choose the one you did?

Space and versatility

“A small, recent survey asked participants from a website for auto enthusiasts to name three “boring” car companies. Almost 100 people replied and Toyota came up in about half of the replies.”

If producing reliable cars is boring, let them be boring!

-Car shopping can be a horrible and stressful experience. What did you like / dislike
about the Scion shopping experience?
Despite they hype, the Scion experience is little different from any other car. The only difference is that the dealers insist upon getting MSRP. All the other little games remain in place.

-What is the best thing about the Scion lineup?

The xB. Nobody else makes a comparable vehicle available in the US.

-Does the Scion meet possible needs of your lifestyle that other cars couldn’t? (ie do you like to go camping, and you feel the Scion best suits your needs in a vehicle that can satisfy your need for cargo space and “toughness” without resorting to an SUV?)
Sure. that's why I chose it!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

thanks george!

We were hoping to get some insight like that

anyone else?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-How important is involvement to the decision for a car? Do you like to walk into the lot and buy what they have available or do you like to control the process and have choice? have a choice..alwasy good....

-What about Customization? Innovative features? (things decides the "standard standard features") pretty much the one i got the limited edition has custom parts already.

-Does your car express “who you are” to your peers? Does the Scion let you do this? Or did you choose it for a bigger reason? yes hot lava organe is my favorite color

and fun vehicle. Why did you choose the one you did? good milege daily driven

“A small, recent survey asked participants from a website for auto enthusiasts to name three “boring” car companies. Almost 100 people replied and Toyota came up in about half of the replies.” well do your research almost half the cars toyota has is at least 30 miles a gallon enuff said

about the Scion shopping experience? one price no haggle no negotations on the price no matter what delaer you went to it was the same price.

-What is the best thing about the Scion lineup? comes standard with features you didnt know about and can be customized to your liking

for some people it does and it differs from person to person...

-Any other comments or information you’d like to share about the Scion experience?
i started a car club!! http://www.baycityscions.com it's a club since may1 there a total of 16 xb's 1 xa and 1 tc.......and i made new friends since i had the car and we all share a common goal..........to have meets and enjoy each others time...
Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.....Control is always good

What about Customization? Innovative features? (things decides the "standard standard features")
......Standard features are great, provide a feeling of value

Does your car express “who you are” to your peers? Does the Scion let you do this? Or did you choose it for a bigger reason?
...chose the scion (xb) due to in order: cost, style, size, features, toyota's reputation, uniqueness, fact that it actually had to take a long boat ride to get to the US

Loved the buying experience, price the sales guy quoted to me in e-mail, was ACTUAL price, no games, sales guy just processed paperwork as I researched car before talking to him. Didn't have to talk to some guy with 6lbs of gel and mousse in his slicked back hair trying to be your best friend within a minute of meeting him. Zero pressure to do anything, I was able to initiate every step of process and never felt rushed. No nonsense and no surprises.

Not at all surprised that toyota was in half of responses for being boring, only a few exciting toyotas= toyota supra twin turbo, turbo mr2 (2nd generation)

Scion is great(so far) because you get a lot of features, room, uniqueness, and reliability(so far) for only $16k and change with all fees and tax included. Great value.