Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

ShowStoppersUSA.com Two thumbs up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

showstoppers gets a thumbs up from me, i ordered my hood from them a while back. they had great customer service and fast shipping.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered a skunk 2 shift **** for my boyfriends ep3 around christmas time. i totally love that shipping is included in the price advertised...i don't have to go through pages of putting in my information just to find out i can't afford the shipping. two thumbs up for affordable prices and shipping! i've never been able to figure out if the delay in my shipping was because of the christmas holidays or if my order was never placed when it said it was. needless to say, my product was not delivered when i was told it would be, i called and spoke to someone who said that he would check to see if usps had a delivery confirmation and would call me back. never received a call, but i got my order shortly after.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just wanted to bump for these guys. They have gone above and beyond on getting parts for me and have always come through.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just bought a CF hood from these guys and the customer service was excellent as usual! Thanks guys!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered a hood and its estimated delivery date was march 6th. Its now march 19th and still no hood. DHL lost it, then found it, and still hasnt shipped it. What good is free shipping and good prices if you dont get your order!?? This experience has absolutely sucked and I wish showstoppers would ship with a more reliable carrier. I've spent soo much time on the phone with DHL I don't know what to do anymore...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

rippintC -- I am really sorry to hear that I have never had any shipping issues with Showstoppers using DHL. I think everyone has a horror story about any of the major carriers out there so I don't know if you would have had more luck if they shipped FedEx or UPS. I personally have had FedEx, UPS and DHL (not via Showstoppers) screw up shipping on several orders at various stores.

I assume you have already called Showstoppers about shipping screw ups right? I hope you get your order soon -- I know there is nothing more frustrating then waiting on packages after reroutes and misplacements.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i give them two thumbs up and two fat toes up!

they got me my kaminari hood fast and at a good price, plus you cant beat free shipping.

i tell everyone to order from them, they are quality ppl's
Old 03-19-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

skullsandcandy- Yes, I have just recently made showstoppers aware of the situation, but have not yet recieved a response from them. I didn't go to them right away b/c I know its not their fault (at least I think its not).
Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Have you tried just calling them vs sending emails? Sometimes going direct gives you more immediate results.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was after-hours so I sent an email. If they don't respond soon I'll give them a call. I also worried that by the time I actually get this hood, its gonna be messed up based on all the horror stories I've heard about DHL. They have already opened it up and took pictures of it for me to identify in their "lost and found." How the hell a shipping company loses a hood is beyond me. Who knows whats happend to it by now.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well with any shipping company you can refuse the package and it will get returned to the originating shipper. Regardless definitely follow up with them on the phone so they know what is going on. Those guys are very reasonable and I am sure they can help resolve the situation.

I figure the worst thing that can happen is that its damaged when it shows up and you don't accept it. It gets returned and they send out a new one and get DHL to cover the cost of the messed up one they sent you.

Pretty annoying I know but at least you won't be out your money or your hood! GL on getting your order straightened out.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man, I'm sure it will get straightened out in time. I've been patient this long lol, but I just want everything to be done already!! I'm still gonna give showstoppers some time to respond, then I'll give them a call. I hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well what do ya know, dhl got it together and it arrived finally. shop says that despite the box being in terrible shape, the hood is ok. going to check it out now, yay. showstoppers is great and this wasnt their fault, but I cant recommed dhl!

Edit: yeah, hood not in good shape. Talked to Chuck, who explained the process from here. Good guy. We'll see what happens next lol
Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

good to hear -- hope the hood is in good shape
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for a great company i always got my products super fast and excellent customer service, Chuck is awesome
Old 03-29-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just ordered a Tanabe Medallion exhaust from them and as usual they had the best price and best service.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Two thumbs up from me too. I ordered my Injen intake, hotchkis springs, and progress rear sway from them last year, awesome service and shipping time! I wish they offered more tC parts, then I would only buy from them.

One thing that would help would be sending tracking numbers for orders, my house is hard to find. It's funny to watch the carrier trucks go up and down the street a few times, lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Every order I have made with them was shipped DHL and had a tracking number attached to it. After each order I got 2 update emails: 1 says that it shipped out and the 2nd had the tracking # in it. You should check your previous orders on the site and see if they sent those out. Maybe the emails bounced?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe, I just never received my tracking # for either orders. I emailed them for it, but no response. I have always received my items in good time tho.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never recieved any tracking numbers until I called in a few weeks later. dhl is taking forever and I still dont have a hood.

Quick Reply: ShowStoppersUSA.com Two thumbs up.