Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

SALE! Custom 10'' tC Fiberglass subwoofer enclosures SALE!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Default SALE! Custom 10'' tC Fiberglass subwoofer enclosures SALE!

Here for Sale is a Custom Fiberglass subwoofer enclosure molded specifically to the rear driver/ passenger side trunk for a Scion tC. These enclosures will fit both 8'',10'', and now 12''subwoofers. Each sub enclosure is built by hand in my own tC for a perfect fit. Allows for full operation of the left trunk light and will fit tC's with or without the SCION trunk mat. Enclosure is molded from 4 ply fiberglass and 1/2'' mdf wooden face to mount the subwoofer. Carpeted to match the factory interior. This enclosure is extremely strong! Can fit up to a 8'' deep subwoofer. The internal volume of this box is .668 cubic feet. Comes with enclosure mounting hardware (a single stud design)to mount to the trunk. The enclosure cannot be stolen unless the sub itself is removed!. The driver side already has a hole for the stud, the passenger side will need a single hole to be drilled in the side of the trunk. There is also a single 1/4'' hole drilled in the bottom of the enclosure for speaker wire.
08 and up tC's please take note that due to the oem subwoofer changing the height of the trunk (about a 1/2'')on the passenger side my enclosure will not fit perfect. Also note that the driver side is NOT affected and will remain a perfect fit.

8-10'' Enclosure prices are as followed 220 dollars per side or 430 dollars for the pair.
SALE! 30 dollars off a pair or 10 off per side! Good from 1/1 thru 1/31
12'' Enclosure prices are as followed 250 dollars per side or 490 dollars for the pair.
Includes fast free UPS shipping!
Free shipping excluded to places other than the continental US. Please message me for a shipping quote. In stock enclosures will ship same day, but most orders will take 3-4 days to build.

I do accept personal checks or paypal. My paypal is cdunn214@hotmail.com Please pm me before purchasing for up to date stock information. I will reply to all pm/emails within a day. I am a trusted buyer/ seller here on Scionlife 14 for 14 positive feedback. Check out my Scionlife feedback at https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236107 . I have sold several enclosures to the US, Hawaii, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
If you have any questions please pm.
THANKS for your time!
Chris Dunn

A little about b52hDUNN
Hi SL. Im definitely not new here, been a member for about two years! I currently own a silver supercharged 07 Scion tC.
I have been using fiberglass for 6 years now as a hobby, and I have built enclosures for numerous cars and trucks in town. I'm currently on active duty and have been for three years in US Air Force. I work on the B-52h as a crew chief mechanic. I'm based out of Shreveport, Louisiana originally from Phoenix, Arizona.

I have sold quite a few of these enclosures with nothing but a ton of great feedback from members on this forum and other forums. I would not be building these enclosures if buyers were not happy with my product. I sell these to give buyers another option other than big mdf boxes. I also have made a few custom enclosure projects for tC owners.

Review from buyers

Member-SoJocTC
I'll take the time to do a mini-review of the box, which I bought from B52hDunn on here. I chose his because of the location it sits and because it fits a full size 10 inch sub, not a shallow mount. I didnt get many pics of it not installed, he's got plenty. Build quality is A+. The carpet matches perfect. He's got an ingenious mounting system that bolts the box to the car behind the tail light. The hole for the bolt is already there so no drilling is necessary. No one will be stealing this box. The sound is amazing, There is no air leaking anywhere from this box. If you're looking for a sub box that is stealthy and doesn't require a ____ty shallow sub, don't even hesitate. His shipping was fast and packed VERY well. He also sells them for the right side too.

Member-Thahemp
I just bought a pair of these, and I wanted to post my experience.
Obviously I was wondering how well they would really fit. I wasn't sure how tight I could reasonably expect them to fit in MY car. On this first subject, the fit was pretty damn tight. They aren't too tight, but you can still feel them snap into place when you install them.

I'm used to having a terminal block on my enclosures. There is a hole in the bottom of each of the enclosures that is just large enough to get 16aug speaker wire fished through. There is nothing wrong with doing it this way. At the very least you're eliminating a connector from the pathway between your amp and speakers. Never a bad thing.

I had an upward facing bandpass box before these that I really liked. It sounded great, and I had gone through a couple boxes prior that I didn't like. I just want to have some storage space back in my trunk... and have something a little different. I have 2 Fosgate P210S4 Subs. They say sealed box volume: 0.65 cubic feet.

The enclosures are the right volume... of course the speakers are going to sound great.
I haven't bolted them to the chassis yet with the provided screws. They probably don't even need it. I'll bolt them down when I finish organizing the rest of the system. They are plenty heavy and sturdy. I would say a little lighter than a full MDF box, but very rigid. Once the speakers are in, they aren't going to slide around.
Last but not least, the price is fair. Shop around... see if you can find anything better.
As for the aesthetics, I won't waste my (or your) time with words. Pictures pending.
Thanks

Quotes from buyers
Member-thahemp
''You should definitely save up and get some. They are a huge breath of fresh air if you're stuck with the old fashioned double-sub box.''
Member-PaperLegacy
AWESOME! I get better sound out of your enclosures for my 12" subs than I did out of a 2x12" box!! Looks great in my 2010 tC as well!!! I recommend these enclosures to anyone in the market!
TOTALLY worth every penny!!
Member-Kendezzy
If you are looking for a high quality sub enclosure with clean bass, look no further. Chris is quick to get your order completed and shipped out. Great service, great product and great sounding quality. I wish him the best of luck.

Pictures of my tC

Pictures of Customers TC's

12'' enclosure

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-30-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow if only u had this going a few years back I would of got this deal with no hesitation... I was looking for this oem style on both side of trunk...now my amp is sold
Old 09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUMP For a great seller! Headunit Still working Great!

question - you make custom enclusures? you know the 2008+ sub that is under the right side of the trunk. Can you duplicate it, but have so I can mount a 8" and a 6.5" sub in it? I can give you the specs of each sub (mounting depth) later...just wanted to know if you can make something like that...

Thanks! and a again great seller
Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

^ Thanks Cisco for the comments
Yes I build and sell custom fiberglass enclosures for the TC
The 8'' and 6.5'' wont fit and it may sound a little funny I think.
I can get you a single 8'' built up.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Left side enclosure in stock and ready to be shipped
Old 09-06-2010, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PMed
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

^ pm replied to.
Left side 10'' enclosure in stock and ready to be shipped!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Enclosures are out of stock, I am taking orders for this weekend!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

were you able to complete mine? thanks!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

just shipped ups. Paypal has sent you tracking info. Thanks!!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

All orders built and have shipped!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have 2 kickers 10in l5 . and two 12in JL audio . will they fit you box?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by cmcpride
i have 2 kickers 10in l5 . and two 12in JL audio . will they fit you box?
I believe kickers L series require a lot of air space and it may be a little hard to fit. I'm looking into building 12's. Pm me if interested, and ill fill in the details.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

One Left side 10'' enclosure in stock.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

All orders placed over the weekend have shipped.
Left side 10'' enclosure in stock
Old 09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

12'' encolsure order placed for this weekend!
I still have one left side 10'' enclosure in stock
Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

12'' enclosures now available
Old 09-23-2010, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member

I received the enclosures yesterday, installed them that night. Decided to not mess with re-balancing the amp and levels until today. AWESOME! I get better sound out of your enclosures for my 12" subs than I did out of a 2x12" box!! Looks great in my 2010 tC as well!!! I recommend these enclosures to anyone in the market!
TOTALLY worth every penny!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Taking orders for this weekend! One left side 10'' encosure in stock
Old 09-26-2010, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

All orders being shipped tomorrow.

Quick Reply: SALE! Custom 10'' tC Fiberglass subwoofer enclosures SALE!