Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

XB/XA Gen 1 -3 CAMBER, REAR HUB SPACERS 10MM, 15MM, 20MM, 25mm

Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

If your gonna roll your fenders, i'd go 20mm for sure. Free shipping for admin!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have ~12.7mm Alliance Autosports rear hub spacers and 20mm wheel spacers with 40 offset. The fenders are slightly rolled and it only rubs on major bumps with passengers.

If I wanted a little negative camber in the rear how should I go about it?
Would you supply longer studs if I needed them?

Do your shims account for toe as well?

- Thanks, Zach.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah Zach, I supply the proper length bolts. With that odd size of spacer though, I'd give you the bolts i normally supply with 10mm spacers, and you wouldn't use washers, you'd have to use loc-tite instead (same setup as OEM) That way you still get the correct thread engagement. As for toe correction, that is machined into the shims. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
Yeah Zach, I supply the proper length bolts. With that odd size of spacer though, I'd give you the bolts i normally supply with 10mm spacers, and you wouldn't use washers, you'd have to use loc-tite instead (same setup as OEM) That way you still get the correct thread engagement. As for toe correction, that is machined into the shims. Let me know if you have any other questions.
My shims are 1/2 inch, but for metric it is an odd size. So if I added camber plates to the shims and used longer bolts, I would have to ditch the spacer I believe. (I don't like spacers, but sunken in wheels are much worse!)

So what would be a good combo? How thick are your camber plates on the top of them?

xbbbb.jpg

xbwheel.jpg

Last edited by Zman; 04-26-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

My camber add about 10mm at the bottom, and only about 4 or so up top. It takes alot to get that size wheel flush. I have 20mm hub spacers, and stacked with my camber, I think you'd still need the wheel spacer to make it look right. That's what I'd recommend.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I have some 17x7 +40, would a 20mm make it flush with the quarterpanel?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

no, that's about 40mm. Best way to get flush to the fender is with low offset wheels. You can do it with spacers, 20mm hub, and a 20 or 25 wheel spacer, but the best way is with the right size wheels. Most people run hub spacers to get them flush with the fronts, if you notice, they sit in about 1/2 inch farther than the fronts.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My camber add about 10mm at the bottom, and only about 4 or so up top. It takes alot to get that size wheel flush. I have 20mm hub spacers, and stacked with my camber, I think you'd still need the wheel spacer to make it look right. That's what I'd recommend.
I wanted an inexpensive, lightweight, unique looking wheel. I didn't know anything about offsets at the time. I wish I had a more balanced wheel now, able to run thicker tires too. Any suggestions for when I strike it rich? HAHA.

So I have them spaced 12.7mm + 20mm = 32.7mm now.

Your camber plates add 4mm at the fender.

So 20mm shims and ~4mm camber plates would only be ~24mm.

That's a little pricey too. How safe would it be with long studs in there? I usually don't have lots of weight in the back.

I have 20mm spacers on the back and 5mm spacers on the fronts.

I could swap those around, 20mm on the front may look odd, and that's if it would even fit with turning and such.

I don't have 10mm spacers unfortunately.

But then I could have about 29-30mm on the back (20 + ~4 + 5), and no rubbing issues anymore, as it rubs occasionally now with 32.7mm.

I wish the rear DF210s were a bit lower. They can't be cut and still mount correctly because the coils are of increasing sizes where it mounts I was told.

Thanks for the info by the way. =]

Last edited by Zman; 04-27-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

That 4mm is at the top of the hub, with the run of the -3 degrees, by the time you get to the top of the tire, your in farther than before. I haven't calculated just how far it goes in cause it varies by tire size. The bolts I provide are grade 8.8 or 10.9, plated, so they are gonna hold up. You can try and see how just the camber looks, and of you want hub spacers later, I can give you the right length bolts to go with the camber. And talk to infeliciter, he runs cut df210's.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That 4mm is at the top of the hub, with the run of the -3 degrees, by the time you get to the top of the tire, your in farther than before. I haven't calculated just how far it goes in cause it varies by tire size. The bolts I provide are grade 8.8 or 10.9, plated, so they are gonna hold up. You can try and see how just the camber looks, and of you want hub spacers later, I can give you the right length bolts to go with the camber. And talk to infeliciter, he runs cut df210's.
I figured someone has cut the DF210s, when there's a will there's a way.

So I would need 20mm shims and camber shims and it still would not be enough? What about the brake line or whatever things are coming off the hub?

It may not work out with my current wheels. It's fun to look into, 99.9% of cars aren't rocking negative camber after all.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The way your rears sit now are nice. camber is gonna bring the tire in more up top. The 20mm hub spacer instead of your 12mm spacer, would bring the top of the tire out closer to where it sits now, just cambered. You'd probably rub that way though. but you can stack my camber with your 12mm shims without any issues with the brake lines or ABS sensor.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I do like how they sit now.
Camber looks so darn cool though.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I got a set I bought back from a guy i'll give you for 99.00 shipped, with brand new hardware to fit your current 12mm spacers. The shims look brand new still. And if you want to get bigger hub spacers later, i'll hook you up on them as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a set I bought back from a guy i'll give you for 99.00 shipped, with brand new hardware to fit your current 12mm spacers. The shims look brand new still. And if you want to get bigger hub spacers later, i'll hook you up on them as well.
I'm going to get Clazzios before the sale ends so that is taking up my cash flows. I will take you up on the offer in a couple weeks, I'll see how it goes.

Either way, I can at least try the camber shims with the current setup, or remove the spacer and drive it like that.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Cool. Just let me know when your ready.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool. Just let me know when your ready.
Will do.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

only have 2 sets of 20mm left for a few weeks, material was back-ordered.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

bbszero,

Please tell me you are still producing these hub spacers. Pretty please

I've been out of the scene for quite some time now - moved to Japan in 2006. Now that I'm returning to the US, I'd like to get back to my 2005 xB I have waiting in storage.

I sold my wheels before I left, and after looking to buy another set I discoverd they are not made anymore! They were Falken Hanabi, anodized Bronze, 17x7.5, 42 offset up front, and 32 offset out back. 215/40/17 all around on DF210 springs. Stance was perfect.

I liked those wheels a lot because they were very lightweight. And as we all know, the little xB isn't the fastest car on the planet. Using ultra light wheels helps acceleration and braking quite a bit.

I found it very difficult to find a lightweight wheel I actually like on the xB, but after searcing forever, I found one.

It's a special order wheel (even in Japan) that's a 17x7.5 in a 41mm offset. I was like great, all I need now is a set of One Ton Garage hub spacers and I'm set.

Did some diggin' around, and they are no longer made either!!! NO! Can't be!

Then I found this thread and was like please, please tell me this guy still makes them, he he he.

So, with your 10mm spacers, it'll be exactly as I had before, only 1mm more out towards the fender (even better), and I can actually rotate my tires because I don't have to deal with staggered offset wheels.

Since I'm still in Japan and the car is in the US, I can't look at in person to see if the 15mm spacers would be better. I looked at all my reference pics, and it seems the 15mm spacers might be better. Not sure if it'll rub or not.

I'm pretty ****, and will do what it takes to get it right. With that said, I'd like to order a set of 10mm hub spacers (since I KNOW that'll work), and also a 15mm set of hub spacers.

Please tell me you have both sets in stock
Old 07-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Balliztik
SL Member

bbszero

I too am interested in the 15mm spacers. I would come do to meet you for local pick-up. Would you have some in August? Thank you for your time.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one more interested in 15mm spacers when you got them. i dont wanna push it with 20mm.

Quick Reply: XB/XA Gen 1 -3 CAMBER, REAR HUB SPACERS 10MM, 15MM, 20MM, 25mm