Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Hiiiiiii! (✿ ♥‿♥)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Red face Hiiiiiii! (✿ ♥‿♥)

Hiiiii! (Did I say that already!?)

Name's Shiina! I just got a 2006 xA a few days ago. Spent tons of time reading sooo much on the forums! Felt like maybe I have a lot I can contribute back

*** IM ABOUT TO TYPE LIKE 10 PAGES! ***

So for fun here's the story of how I got into wanting an xA and the madness it took to actually get it!

Basically, I was looking for a new car, and where I live buying a car is a horrible process. Lemon and con city. Spent a lot on PPI's!! There were a few cars I was chasing to find the right one. I have patience to make sure I get the right thing.

Checked out an MR2 (Which was awesome, but lost compression during a test drive, and the owner was a major fool haha!), I was looking around a lot at Foresters, came across a sweet Legacy GT 5-speed (manual was a must for anything -- might sound silly to some). Went for a PPI on the Legacy GT, and the shop swapped out the 60k mile engine for a 200k mile engine (I thought it looked different...). Then was looking at a WRX and one of my mates I saw driving by and came to see what I was up to.

I never knew what kinda car she drove, but it was a 2005 xA. I knew absolutely nothing about Scions except them being re-badged and 'hip' (oh yeah! searsosly I love the styling haha no diss). But that was it.

I just kinda gravitated toward it. So much about it was exciting to me. I liked how things were laid out engine wise, how the interiors pop apart, I thought the bodys were pretty sweet as they are. I could spend hours on this, especially now that I find something every day I love about them.

But after checking hers out I thought hm.. This would be a really cool car, I could have fun with this. So I went looking around and found one. 80,000 miles, 5-speed, meticulously maintained and taken care of. Only things not good, hood was a bit dinged, and needed a belt.

Steering feels really nice, I wish it was a bit stiffer though, I guess I'm used to old cars maybe? Petals offer a lot of feedback, the clutch just feels... Yikes! Are all new (newer then what I'm used to 80~90) cars like that? Handling really feels tight. It's a fun drive. Drives like a new smooth and safe car, but still fun.

Well he was leaving for China in 3 weeks, is why he was selling the car. After the test drive, I did a field inspection. At the price it was, and for how nice of shape it was in, whatever was wrong would not be too big a deal for me. So I said I'LL TAKE IT.

"Well.. You can't"

Keep this part short, basically someone else was looking at it first. He needs the car till 3 weeks is up. If the other guy doesnt want it, I can get it, unless one of us puts a deposit on it first. I said no way. I can wait. Then I need to get an inspection done, because anything can happen.

A few days later I got a call from his wife, and we spoke about it. She understood why no deposit from me. I suggested they get a rental car. Because they are going to be one of the many who leave this country this time of the year for good, who can't sell their car and have to abandon them.

2 weeks goes by, I'm looking at other vehicles and I get a call. It was them! Took for inspection. Almost flawless. Never in my life have I heard a PPI detail almost NO PROBLEMS (minor power steering leak is not a problem in my eyes -- not one that isint reasonable with a used car).

I love this car! Cleaned the heck out of it, got all the nastyness of it. Spent several hours detailing the interior. Washed then a nice coat of wax.

Ordered a replacement hood that got here today, going to have it painted black, but with the same peral dust (is that what its called?) as the lovely bluuue.

Swapped my stereo from my previous empty shell of a car that's getting flat bedded out Monday, into the xA (There is a spot on fitting single din kit on amazon... Couldn't believe it (Never had something fit without having to modify it!). Swapped out all the interior bulbs for white LEDs (haven't done the dash yet cause it started raining and it's hot.. I don't wanna be in that car windows up in the heat haha). Swapped out all the turn signals, 3rd break light with LEDs also.

So right now, very clean. All fluids changed, oil, transmission, break, coolant flush, air and cabin filter changed. Then the modernization of the lighting. That's where it's at for now!

As for anything engine, suspension, wheels, tyres, ect it's all on paper. And going to be on paper for a while. I want to feel out this car fully before I do anything. Plus how can I know this early in, where I need to match things to my driving ability

Yeah mega long, but I'm not much of a simple person I guess, and I always love reading fun introductions! I read a ton on here already even!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, StxArOne! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Welcome! Loved the long intro post.

Have to ask, where are you from? Use of "mate" and "tyres" have me thinking somewhere in the UK.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Midwest America actually Thanks! Yeah when I get into something I get really into it. In all aspects of whatever it is I'm doing!

So yeah I sorta start writing a bunch haha!

I think it's the best this way for me :D