Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Howdy! New member from Maryland!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Thumbs up Howdy! New member from Maryland!

Hi all, I wanted to introduce my self here. I don't own a Scion yet, but I do have the same engine in my RAV4 as the first gen TC. I plan on doing some engine building to help the trucklet with its lack of ars!

I'm a Toyota guy for sure, I started with a 86.5 Supra. I have had four or so Supra, but my favorite and the only one I would not sell is my Super White 87 hardtop with the 1UZ-FE swap. I did the swap with help from a friend in a couple of months. Its not drop dead fast but its so fun to drive Its worth not having all the power in the world when I can throw it around corners that other Supra shutter at!

So back to the RAV4, since there is just about 0 aftermarket support for the RAV I have to fab and reverse engineer anything I plan on doing. The big plan is to buy and build a 2AZ-FE. I'm shooting for mild to medium power gains by staying NA, headers, intake manifold, cams, valves, compression bump up, etc.... I'm no stranger to building engines and I'm looking forward to building the 2AZ-FE. I cant go very big on the power mainly because I fear the drivetrain will suffer greatly, so going forced induction is an option but I'm going for NA first.

I'm the officer of quality control in the MRSO, its a Supra club based out of Virginia. I basically have final say if an owners car meets the MRSO standards and can wear a clean MRSO badge! Every May we host the M.A.Y. in May meet. Its an all Toyota meet, anything powered by Toyota or anything that is a Toyota based chassis is welcome!! So Scions and Lexus cars are encouraged to go and show off! This past year we had a Scion club show up, it was great to see the Scions at the show. There were a lot of nice cars, and the owners were very friendly!

Thats just a quick rundown of me, I'm looking forward on learning and networking with yall!

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Great to hear from you MRSO_Chambers! Welcome